Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
very From Hell energy itt

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

DirtyRobot posted:

very From Hell energy itt

They're referring to "Cleopatra's Needle" here, an ancient obelisk that was taken from Egypt and erected in London. The needle has a twin located in the other financial capital of the western world, New York City. It's located in Central Park - meaning that Trump Tower directly faces it.

Finally, noted without commentary:

Reuters posted:

Buenos Aires says permit for Trump-linked project not authorized
Hugh Bronstein, Luc Cohen
3 MIN READ

BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - The city of Buenos Aires has declined to authorize a permit to build an office tower linked to U.S. President-elect Donald Trump, and developers will have to file new paperwork for it to be reconsidered, the city government said in a statement on Friday.

The “Trump Tower” project near Buenos Aires’ central obelisk made international headlines after a local news report said Trump mentioned the proposed office complex when Argentine President Mauricio Macri put in a congratulatory call to Trump after his Nov. 8 election victory.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Currently sending good vibes and positive energy towards the Marianne campaign so she can somehow qualify for the Sept. debates

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

super macho dude posted:

Currently sending good vibes and positive energy towards the Marianne campaign so she can somehow qualify for the Sept. debates

jfc this grueling march must 100% be designed to drain out campaign funds from anyone with off axis beliefs until there's a democrat debate that only has the automaton known as joe biden sleeping for an hour and a half in-between commercial breaks

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

there's another ancient obelisk in paris too :tinfoil:

when white people just wanna be greedy and take someone else's poo poo for show they put it in a museum, but this? this is western esoteric society run amok, harnessing power that does not belong to them to empower their blood-soaked alliances

western and eastern spiritual philosophies are supposed to coexist and complement one another, not seek to exploit and destroy :cripes: also you're definitely not supposed to gently caress kids in the name of moloch or whoever :cripes::cripes::cripes:

our material woes will never truly be solved until we confront these dark psychic forces haunting our spirits, and Marianne is the only one who gets it. which is exactly why she's being forced out of the conversation.

as they have ratfucked before, so they are ratfucking again. but those who derive their power from causing woe will eventually find themselves being ratfucked by the Fates. what I'm saying is that trump is prolly gonna win and by 2024, what remains of america will be clamoring at her feet for salvation

will she forgive our past insolence and save us from ourselves? or will she look down and whisper "no"

that is for Marianne to decide

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

O poo poo it's the Marianne Militia

Marianne on The Daily Show tonight.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I like how they made the black witch sit in the back

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Colonel Taint posted:

O poo poo it's the Marianne Militia

Marianne on The Daily Show tonight.

nice gangtag :q:

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
namaste, bitxhes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1158928763062820864

quote:

I propose a reparations amount of $200-$500 Billion. This payment is to be made over a period of twenty years, to a Reparations Council made up of black leaders from across the spectrum of American academic, cultural and political leaders. The Council would be made up of 30-50 members, all descendants of slaves with some scholarly, cultural or political connection to the issue of reparations. It would be for this council, not for the American government, to determine how the money is to be disbursed. The only stipulation on the part of the American government is the following: that the money be applied for purposes of economic and educational renewal.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol this is deranged

quote:

But Williamson’s gay supporters believe she’s ready to put her philosophies to political use. “It’s alarming to me that we have this opportunity to elect somebody with some real moral fiber and they’re mocking her like this,” Guffey said. “Ultimately, what bigger ‘acting up’ and activism step can you take than running for president?”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/08/marianne-williamson-aids-crisis-history-gay-community.html

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1159544988017012738

President Williamson

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

literally too good for this world

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I love this woman.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

http://twitter.com/rustyrockets/status/1159550711786549251

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Addamere posted:

I love this woman.

Its Coke posted:

literally too good for this world

Colonel Taint posted:

President Williamson

root deleted, what did it say

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljf_hWeDi-s

Let's not be naive.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljf_hWeDi-s

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

i say swears online posted:

root deleted, what did it say

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/asmith83/status/1159954035811729408

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

honry prohib

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
In the spirit of our recent discussion regarding real estate, behold a vision of what the legal system could look like after a Marianne presidency:

quote:

Stambovsky
v.
Ackley

Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of New York, First DepartmentJul 18, 1991
169 A.D.2d 254 (N.Y. App. Div. 1991)

RUBIN, J.

Plaintiff, to his horror, discovered that the house he had recently contracted to purchase was widely reputed to be possessed by poltergeists, reportedly seen by defendant seller and members of her family on numerous occasions over the last nine years. Plaintiff promptly commenced this action seeking rescission of the contract of sale. Supreme Court reluctantly dismissed the complaint, holding that plaintiff has no remedy at law in this jurisdiction.

The unusual facts of this case, as disclosed by the record, clearly warrant a grant of equitable relief to the buyer who, as a resident of New York City, cannot be expected to have any familiarity with the folklore of the Village of Nyack. Not being a "local", plaintiff could not readily learn that the home he had contracted to purchase is haunted. Whether the source of the spectral apparitions seen by defendant seller are parapsychic or psychogenic, having reported their presence in both a national publication (Readers' Digest) and the local press (in 1977 and 1982, respectively), defendant is estopped to deny their existence and, as a matter of law, the house is haunted. More to the point, however, no divination is required to conclude that it is defendant's promotional efforts in publicizing her close encounters with these spirits which fostered the home's reputation in the community. In 1989, the house was included in five-home walking tour of Nyack and described in a November 27th newspaper article as "a riverfront Victorian (with ghost)." The impact of the reputation thus created goes to the very essence of the bargain between the parties, greatly impairing both the value of the property and its potential for resale. The extent of this impairment may be presumed for the purpose of reviewing the disposition of this motion to dismiss the cause of action for rescission (Harris v City of New York, 147 A.D.2d 186, 188-189) and represents merely an issue of fact for resolution at trial.

While I agree with Supreme Court that the real estate broker, as agent for the seller, is under no duty to disclose to a potential buyer the phantasmal reputation of the premises and that, in his pursuit of a legal remedy for fraudulent misrepresentation against the seller, plaintiff hasn't a ghost of a chance, I am nevertheless moved by the spirit of equity to allow the buyer to seek rescission of the contract of sale and recovery of his down payment. New York law fails to recognize any remedy for damages incurred as a result of the seller's mere silence, applying instead the strict rule of caveat emptor. Therefore, the theoretical basis for granting relief, even under the extraordinary facts of this case, is elusive if not ephemeral.

"Pity me not but lend thy serious hearing to what I shall unfold" (William Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act I, Scene V [Ghost]).

From the perspective of a person in the position of plaintiff herein, a very practical problem arises with respect to the discovery of a paranormal phenomenon: "Who you gonna' call?" as a title song to the movie "Ghostbusters" asks. Applying the strict rule of caveat emptor to a contract involving a house possessed by poltergeists conjures up visions of a psychic or medium routinely accompanying the structural engineer and Terminix man on an inspection of every home subject to a contract of sale. It portends that the prudent attorney will establish an escrow account lest the subject of the transaction come back to haunt him and his client — or pray that his malpractice insurance coverage extends to supernatural disasters. In the interest of avoiding such untenable consequences, the notion that a haunting is a condition which can and should be ascertained upon reasonable inspection of the premises is a hobgoblin which should be exorcised from the body of legal precedent and laid quietly to rest.

When I grow up I wanna be one of the Real Estate Mediums who are legally required to sign off on all home sales.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
materialism has kept a monopoly on the economy, under Marianne those with talents more inclined to navigating the world beyond will find robust employment and success

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when will marianne take a stand against the void spiders

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
under the administration of orb mother, horny is no longer prohibited

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
horny will be woke because we’ll all have our third eye open

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1162724447888916480

The Trump administration's failure to conquer Saudi Arabia is simply unacceptable. We should be ensuring human rights there through violence which frees them from the Orb emanating dark psychic forces confining them by now, not sitting on our hands. If Marianne Williamson were running the country, the Department of Peace would have ended all the fighting within our own country by now by issuing everyone a copy of Marianne Williamson's latest book with instructions on how to free our souls from the tyranny of impulsively malevolent and unwishful thinking, at taxpayer's expense.

gradenko_2000 posted:

we need troops in Tehran to stop women from being thrown off rooftops!!!

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 05:58 on Aug 18, 2019

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

cancelled. go to ur plane of alignment until ur good again

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

She just made the donor threshold
:getin:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1163569986738298881?s=20

is this constitutional?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
We are not fooled by your symbols

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
How's the polling requirement coming along for Battle Mystic Williamson?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

steinrokkan posted:

We are not fooled by your symbols

no ring 1/10

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGJ90h6wGpU