Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

LegoMan posted:

Friendship ended with Nike Box

Now Nectarines Box is my new best friend

agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Joementum posted:

holy poo poo ahaahahahaahahahahahahahahaa i'm losing my mind

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1158928763062820864

over a period of 3-5 min??

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

ok i'm laughing uncontrollably at this

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

I'm fuckin dyin' over heeeeere

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

reignofevil posted:

Honestly I believe if we ended capitalism and instituted universal healthcare universal food security allowed free education for those seeking it and generally stopped crushing our population underneath the boot of longer work hours and larger life expenses we would see mass shootings drop to basically zero even if we had an assault rifle in every room in America but let's be real when I think about whether any of those things are gonna happen anytime soon it just becomes easier to say 'take away the loving guns'

yeah, we're in this weird endgame stage of capitalism where the commons of the entire economy is getting burned and gouged up in a frenzy of number collectors trying to collect the most numbers before the whole thing blows up

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Joementum posted:

friendship with bernie over

now marianne and 30-50 feral hogs are my best friend

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuAjZk0mYH0

Sweet Mauser music for Erin Go Bragh

A great foreign captain was raving that day,
Saying, "Give me one hour and I'll blow you away",
But a big Mauser bullet got stuck in his yaw
And he died of lead poison of Erin Go Bragh

Violence is really sad, and the celebration of it is worse :smith:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol did the orb qieen just flank everyone on reparations

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

:prepop:

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Gringostar posted:

friendship with bernie over

now marianne and 30-50 feral hogs are my best friend

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

pis s

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
This will cheer you all up

https://twitter.com/drfakenstein/status/1158835349931479040?s=20

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Agean90 posted:

lol did the orb qieen just flank everyone on reparations

not only that she made a direct reference to the feral hogs meme while doing so

she is literally the cspam candidate

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

emfive posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuAjZk0mYH0

Sweet Mauser music for Erin Go Bragh

A great foreign captain was raving that day,
Saying, "Give me one hour and I'll blow you away",
But a big Mauser bullet got stuck in his yaw
And he died of lead poison of Erin Go Bragh

Violence is really sad, and the celebration of it is worse :smith:

I completely agree, I hate that it's becoming a means of expressing identity or whatever. Especially for disaffected white folk, you know?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Crusader posted:

ok i'm laughing uncontrollably at this

speaking of turkey I'm going to point out to my dear friends here that ground dark turkey meat is a fantastic addition to soups and stews, literally it makes every thing taste fantastic even if you have no idea what you're doing.

Thatnk you Turkeys.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

lmao

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/kevinomccarthy/status/1158840773435154433?s=19

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Dammerung posted:

I completely agree, I hate that it's becoming a means of expressing identity or whatever. Especially for disaffected white folk, you know?

well I'm not shedding any tears for white people, but I feel bad that I get fired up when I listen to Wolfe Tone albums. I don't shoot people however, under any circumstances; I'm not a gun toucher.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

tomorrow is the 25th anniversary of sailor

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

:qq:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

:hai:

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

How dare you share public knowledge that anyone can look up

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

The songs are just so great

Ireland is crazy. They cook like angels there btw, the food in random nowhere pubs etc is insane

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

radical meme posted:

Does your dad still pay for your internet connection?

radical meme

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
so like, ratnatomy explanation, is the snoorat "mouth" a merging of nose and mouth, or a chubby cheeked rat like )k

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the best part of the reaction is that it's gonna inspire people to do it all over the country

I literally had heard nothing about this until the chud snowflake sphere started to get mad about it

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

emfive posted:

well I'm not shedding any tears for white people, but I feel bad that I get fired up when I listen to Wolfe Tone albums. I don't shoot people however, under any circumstances; I'm not a gun toucher.

Nah, I know what you mean. One of my big loves is Sabaton, I like their music and I went to one of their concerts. But at the same point in time, what might their music be glorifying? Why do I associate so strongly with the desire to fight and hurt others? The only conclusion I can come to is that I am not a good person at heart, and that I need to become better and change for the good of those around me. And that also worries me, because self-destructive impulses aren't good, but... If I can't recognize the person who I am at my very core, what else can I do?

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
earnest complaint about the lack of serious sensible discourse in the trumlon thread lmao

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Ayn Randi posted:

earnest complaint about the lack of serious sensible discourse in the trumlon thread lmao

TBLMO

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Cash reparations is the ultimate possible grift, Marianne is Democratic Trump

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

If exposing a top donor by name counts as "targeting and harassing", then surely any callout by name like Rep. McCarthy's tweet counts as well. This post itself would not count as targeting and harassment, because, like the phrase "calling out virtue signaling is itself virtue signaling", invoking recursion only works once per conversation

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

turkp

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

shovelbum posted:

Cash reparations is the ultimate possible grift, Marianne is Democratic Trump

i dunno, are the cash reparations means tested

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

my favourite frank herbert book is the santaroga barrier

quote:

What he held here in his hand was their enemy.
To those men in their oddly similar dark suits, their cold eyes weighing and dismissing everything, the people of this valley were a foe to be defeated. As he thought of it, Dasein realized all customers were "The Enemy" to these men. Davidson and his kind were pitted against each other, yes, competitive, but among themselves they betrayed that they were pitted more against the masses who existed beyond that inner ring of knowledgeable financial operation.
The alignment was apparent in everything they did, in their words as well as their actions. They spoke of "package grab-level" and "container flash time" -- of "puff limit" and "acceptance threshold." It was an "in" language of militarylike maneuvering and combat. They knew which height on a shelf was most apt to make a customer grab an item. They knew the "flash time" -- the shelf width needed for certain containers. They knew how much empty air could be "puffed" into a package to make it appear a greater bargain. They knew how much price and package manipulation the customer would accept without jarring him into a "rejection pattern."
And we're their spies, Dasein thought. The psychiatrists and psychologists -- all the "social scientists" -- we're the espionage arm.
He sensed the vast maneuvering of these armies, the conspiracy to maintain "The Enemy" in a sleepy state of unawareness -- malleable. Whatever the leaders of these armies did among themselves to each other, they maintained their inner code. No one betrayed the real war.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Ayn Randi posted:

I think that is okay! We all deserve to be heard and respected.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Joementum posted:

The money would be disbursed by a Reparations Council made up of 30-50 members

are you loving kidding me lmao

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!