Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I hear Lost is dece

You hear... Wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

yeah

it's nice when they leave the stupid ending off

we may never know what happened to those passengers

Weird that they brought it back for that one time travel based season and then it vanished again though huh

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

If you cannot relate to the primal human desire to do wrestling moves on a dinosaur, then Pacific Rim is not a movie I would recommend to you.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Memento posted:

You hear... Wrong.

:lost: was great as weekly show where you'd discuss* it with other people online, but I'd imagine it holds up poorly in retrospect, especially when you can consume it in large quantities.

*say really dumb things

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
I thought of one for The Boys!

Nobody gets Karl Urban’s physique eating Hot Pockets.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Maybe he's on a bulk cycle.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Or Heather Graham disappearing between Austin Powers 2 & 3 and not even getting a joke exit like Elizabeth Hurley.

There's a line saying she missed the 60s and went back, I think?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Imagined posted:

Maybe he's on a bulk cycle.

He eats a Hot Pocket every hour to maintain his gains.

Billy Butcher's hate burns like 6k calories a day. He could be eating Nutella out of the jar and keep his physique.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010
I eat Nutella out of the jar to keep my physique too. :btroll:

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Or Heather Graham disappearing between Austin Powers 2 & 3 and not even getting a joke exit like Elizabeth Hurley.

That's a James Bond thing.

Glasses Optional
Apr 23, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Android Apocalypse posted:

Yes, the point of hand-to-hand combat with kaijus was their ammonia-rich blood.

Which brings up the question why a jaeger has swords & other cutting/slashing weapons.

That said, rocket fists are pretty :black101: .

They can use the rocket fists, no problem. But there were several times where they had em in a head lock and punch it a few times, then throw it. Like no dude, punch it, then lift it above your head and snap it in half or give it a back breaker or some poo poo. Instead no they just toss it aside, and the kaiju just gets up, recovers, and then uses their finishing move. They could have made it actually COOLER if they didn't act like redshirts the whole time.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of hand-to-hand combat, when the good guy and the bad guy are grappling and any amount of pain inflicted on the bad guy makes him release his grip, even if doing so will result in him dying.

I'm pretty sure stomping on the foot of a guy who has you in a headlock doesn't immediately release the headlock.

I'm having a tough time thinking of a movie that does fight scenes right. Bladerunner I guess, since that's just 2 hours of Harrison Ford getting his rear end beaten over and over again.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Of course it works, just as long as you're fighting garbage bins.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Krispy Wafer posted:

I'm having a tough time thinking of a movie that does fight scenes right.

In Atomic Blonde, the protagonist gets into an extended hand-to-hand fight with an enemy thug. The fight visibly saps their energy and by the end of the scene both of them are staggering to the ground while they try to kill each other.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Krispy Wafer posted:

I'm having a tough time thinking of a movie that does fight scenes right. Bladerunner I guess, since that's just 2 hours of Harrison Ford getting his rear end beaten over and over again.

The best hand to hand combat scene is the end of equilibrium when they focus almost entirely on slapping the other guy's gun away instead of just like, stepping back and shooting them.

also they start fighting with katanas first instead of using guns, presumably solely because they wanted that cool shot of taye diggs's face sliding off.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Krispy Wafer posted:

I'm having a tough time thinking of a movie that does fight scenes right.

"Either put on these glasses, or start eating that trash can!"

Also the fight between Max and Furiosa was pretty drat good.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
HBO shows tend to show realistic fight scenes, outside of fantasy stuff like Game of Thrones. You look at the Sopranos, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, etc, they're usually messy and awkward and people get really hosed up and they sometimes end with someone dead.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
In Game of Thrones, even if a character is a legendary asskicker, they usually lose or surrender if they’re caught off guard or outnumbered and don’t get the drop themselves. This gets less consistent the longer the show goes on though.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Aug 7, 2019

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The best hand to hand combat scene is the end of equilibrium when they focus almost entirely on slapping the other guy's gun away instead of just like, stepping back and shooting them.
This but unironically :v:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Pilchenstein posted:

This but unironically :v:

I don't "do" irony, it really is the best and I wish people really did fist/gun fights like that. Imagine gun boxing with sandbag bullets or whatever and the rules state you can't be farther than arm length from your opponent. It would make for great television.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

cohsae posted:

"Either put on these glasses, or start eating that trash can!"

Also the fight between Max and Furiosa was pretty drat good.

What I'm hearing here is that Charlize Theron in your movie makes fight scenes 100% more realistic.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Krispy Wafer posted:

What I'm hearing here is that Charlize Theron in your movie makes fight scenes 100% more realistic.
She is in F8 Of the Furious though...
And i love the Fast Franchise but still. :v:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Inspector Gesicht posted:

James Bond: I've always wondered why, in a fight-scene involving knives and a shark-pool, the villain dies from turning into a balloon and exploding. Was it not climactic enough for the bad guy to end up as shark-food?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myc6HpJzgaU

Something something Roger Moore

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Daredevil had an awesome fight scene in season 1 in a hallway, where he just straight up hosed up a buncha mooks in one long, crazy take. By the end of it you start to realize how much cardio that dude has to do. It's exhausting just to watch it.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Daredevil had an awesome fight scene in season 1 in a hallway, where he just straight up hosed up a buncha mooks in one long, crazy take. By the end of it you start to realize how much cardio that dude has to do. It's exhausting just to watch it.

It's from Oldboy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwIIDzrVVdc

For comparison sakes, heres the same scene in the 2013 american remake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdQLC_uYbCA

And the same scene again, in the daredevil episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B66feInucFY

Olaf The Stout has a new favorite as of 05:13 on Aug 8, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

High Lord Elbow posted:

I thought of one for The Boys!

Nobody gets Karl Urban’s physique eating Hot Pockets.

Everyone knows you need to cultivate mass before harvesting it

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

RBA Starblade posted:

Everyone knows you need to cultivate mass before harvesting it

Checks out

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Ferrous posted:

I eat Nutella out of the jar to keep my physique too. :btroll:

My Adderall prescription came with an additional prescription for Baconators and Gummy Bears to keep me above 150 lbs.

Thanks, Adderall!

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

My Adderall prescription came with an additional prescription for Baconators and Gummy Bears to keep me above 150 lbs.

Thanks, Adderall!

I just smoke weed and it balances out

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
poo poo, I need Adderall apparently. Or weed. Or both.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Okay, Far From Home. They reveal that everybody who got snapped into nonexistence got unsnapped back into existence right where they were when they disappeared.

Kinda sucks for the people who were in an airplane at the time, or driving on the freeway, doesn't it?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Phanatic posted:

Okay, Far From Home. They reveal that everybody who got snapped into nonexistence got unsnapped back into existence right where they were when they disappeared.

Kinda sucks for the people who were in an airplane at the time, or driving on the freeway, doesn't it?

It fixed that by putting everyone in that position in a nice fluffy bed. If it didn't, with the speed at which we're hurtling through space, everyone would have just appeared in a vacuum.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Phanatic posted:

According to the MCU, the gauntlet can pretty much do anything, why couldn't it bring people back safely?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Somebody that worked on the movie confirmed/said Hulk re-snapped people into safe spots when needed.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can't believe in the director's cut they just snapped everyone back into space where earth used to be 5 years ago in the cosmic timeline. Fuckin' brutal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kevin Feige, who is MCU god, said Hulk accounted for anyone reappearing in danger and made them safe.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I may have mentioned it before but:

Bad loving Accents.

Pacino in Scarface. John Turturro in Secret Window. Malkovich in Rounders. Keanu and Wynona Ryder in Dracula. Jon Voight in Anaconda. Cameron Diaz in Gangs of New York. My god.

Somehow it's made 10x worse when it's actually a good actor doing it because i KNOW the person can actually act.

How does this poo poo even make it past a cold read or a screen test?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Zedd posted:

Somebody that worked on the movie confirmed/said Hulk re-snapped people into safe spots when needed.

What about pilots of aircraft that were snapped out, causing their planes to fall out of the sky and kill everyone aboard? Were the people who died in the resultant crash brought back? Or surgeons who were snapped out mid-procedure, did the patients that die get brought back? Were said patients brought back in the same state they left (say, chest cut open for surgery, hypothetical tumors intact) and thus have to be rushed into-- well I guess they are already in a hospital but they have to have the procedure restarted? Were the hypothetical tumors themselves snapped out to try to save the life of the patients who were actually snapped out, which I'm sure was disorienting for the surgeons who were left behind :thunk:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I'm sure the hulk, genius with like 20 phds or whatever thought of all that before he made his wish :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Why is thor so weak compared to infinity war? Is it because he’s fat and sad?