Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

gently caress Your Website posted:

Oh, honey, nooooo. Nothing screams “I’m painfully inadequate and I define my identity solely by my activities” more.

It’s the even worse, more permanent version of buying rock band onesies for your kid: to quote Todd Barry, “But otherwise how will all the other dads know how cool my record collection is?”

Look at this guy unwilling to make sacrifices for his art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
You can just use a Sharpie to draw the staff too.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I did that with horizontal stripes on my dick to make it seem wider

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

I did that with horizontal stripes on my dick to make it seem wider
Did it work? :crossarms:

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Wark Say posted:

Did it work? :crossarms:

Inquiring minds would like to know.

(Stupid music poo poo content: Going to see The Sisters of Mercy this fall, taco buffet included. How the mighty have fallen. Also, did you know they only made three records, like, ever?)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
too much technology all based on Windows 98 or something

El Miguel
Oct 30, 2003

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Inquiring minds would like to know.

(Stupid music poo poo content: Going to see The Sisters of Mercy this fall, taco buffet included. How the mighty have fallen. Also, did you know they only made three records, like, ever?)

They're often a shambles, but every once in a while it all comes together, still. New guitar player also, if you didn't know - I think Chris has signed on permanently with Ghost.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
I got tickets to see a McDonald’s themed Black Sabbath cover band and a Ned Flanders themed metal band next week. Should be interesting. Also got tickets to see The Melvins in October but there’s nothing stupid about that.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Wait, they still play? The last I heard Andrew Eldritch promised a new SoM album if Trump won.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Now all I can think about is that Fugazi joke Todd Barry does.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
As a hopeless Fugazi stan, I can appreciate the joke all the more.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Krustic posted:

I got tickets to see a McDonald’s themed Black Sabbath cover band and a Ned Flanders themed metal band next week. Should be interesting. Also got tickets to see The Melvins in October but there’s nothing stupid about that.

If the Flanders band is Okilly Dokilly you are in for a treat, they are far better live than they have any right to be whatsoever.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

NonzeroCircle posted:

If the Flanders band is Okilly Dokilly you are in for a treat, they are far better live than they have any right to be whatsoever.

Cool. I’m more exited to see Okilly Dokilly but everyone else I’m going with seems to be more excited to see Mac Sabbath. Should be a fun show. I figure the merch will be ridiculous and I wanna check it out.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FrontRow57Dlx--fender-custom-shop-front-row-57-custom-deluxe-12-watt-1x12-inch-tube-combo-amp

$7500 for a 5E3 lmao

edit: the chassis wood is soaked in farts lol

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 6, 2019

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

:eyepop: I could buy like 15 real Fender champs in mint condition for that. I’m supposed to be impressed cause of the fart tonewood? It looks like it’s made out of my dads 20 year old fence.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You could probably commission the Morgan guy to build you a Dumble replica for half of that. Or buy plane tickets, egg the house of the real McCoy and steal a couple of his amps amidst the confusion.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wark Say posted:

You could probably commission the Morgan guy to build you a Dumble replica for half of that. Or buy plane tickets, egg the house of the real McCoy and steal a couple of his amps amidst the confusion.

I don't want to be mean but yea that dude isn't exactly able to give chase.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Alexander Dumble is still alive?

Impressive.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Can farts survive within a tone wood lattice though???

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shugojin posted:

Can farts survive within a tone wood lattice though???
Unless the speaker enclosure of the combo / the cabinet is hybrid (meaning you can remove the back panel to make it an open back), not really.

Yes, I know this by experience.
Yes, it was a dumb prank.
It was totally worth it.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

NonzeroCircle posted:

If the Flanders band is Okilly Dokilly[...]

I love that a mention of a Ned Flanders themed metal band is followed by basically “which one”?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M32Daj4WWLc

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmfao 7500 dollars for a practice amp what the hell

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Well it's not like anyone who'd pay that kind of money for an amp actually gigs anyway. :v:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

edit: the chassis wood is soaked in farts lol

This is all I can think about.

Who thought this would be a good idea. If I saw this in a store and someone told me where that wood came from my first reaction would be to gag.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Philthy posted:

This is all I can think about.

Who thought this would be a good idea. If I saw this in a store and someone told me where that wood came from my first reaction would be to gag.
Bloozlawyers/bloozdoctors have extremely loose, rather large pantaloons and within said pantaloons, they have rather large pockets.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Siivola posted:

Well it's not like anyone who'd pay that kind of money for an amp actually gigs anyway. :v:

Hey I think Neil Young still plays electric gigs

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Thermos H Christ posted:

Hey I think Neil Young still plays electric gigs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oMTwfq_jI8

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmfELGIV6cA

This is kinda stupid awesome. I don't know. Jesus.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
This is it. I understand (just barely) portions of what is in this video but gently caress it. When he gets to the "resonance" demo I knew: This is the most awesome thing I have ever witnessed and it's gonna be a high bar set before I change my mind.

Amazing. Even with the "oops I printed the wrong brackets and oops the pots are all backwards don't worry about that poo poo I'll get to it."

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Philthy posted:

13 minutes in to hear the god drat thing. The gently caress.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Philthy posted:

There's Simon the Magpie and Hainbach on youtube as well. The triumvirate of weird synth-poo poo. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of them posts on here.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Pondex posted:

There's Simon the Magpie and Hainbach on youtube as well. The triumvirate of weird synth-poo poo. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of them posts on here.

They’re honestly the best trio of synth weirdos in the world :swoon:

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYLBjScgb7o

This is pretty good too.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

sigher posted:

13 minutes in to hear the god drat thing. The gently caress.

Yeah, it's part of a whole build series he's doing. We only got to hear 8 of the 24! He's only built half of it so far!

It's going to be something when it's done.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

*I* started cackling when he fired it up.

I'm entirely too amused by this dude's entire shtick.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

You guys, Unsane (lol worst band name) broke up and I am en-saddened. I only have memes to cope which means a lot of stupid music poo poo is happening.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I just saw the top and didn't think anything of it until I scrolled down and LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I dunno that case looks to be of decent quality, unless it's gone moldy being in a dank basement?