Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Blackdog420 posted:

is there a cryptocurrency in star citizen yet

Yes, jpgs.

e:
https://i.imgur.com/gBIy2e5.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

quote:

The most massive open world sandbox ever
lol, they are unable to finish one star system and even that one is downscaled

And if his Skyrim was crashing every 20 minutes, it was probably because of all the NSFW mods he installed.

Btw, Skyrim was moddable and therefore fixable. No one is going to fix SC.

Awesome Fidelity
Aug 16, 2017

The path i walk lights up in
fidelity

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

hosed up if true

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://docdro.id/rM2N1y9

guess crytek paid the bond?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Daztek posted:

They paid the iron price.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Agony Aunt posted:

I'm super curious how much of the discovery we'll get to see, but I'm guessing it's not much.

Still. Movement!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Daztek posted:

Not really clear if they did no? This could be just your regular standard discovery NDA template proposal that goes in parallel to the bond proceedings.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Aug 7, 2019

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

You idiots need to stop comparing this desolate and broken tech demo to actual video games. Your poo poo is not Skyrim, and you know it. Skyrim is known for its bugs, Bethesda is known for their open world games being unstable and prone to error, but even then they mostly work, they have a ton of content and are generally enjoyable (although every new release seems to make Fallout worse for some reason, I'd like to see if they can keep that trend up somehow). Skyrim in particular is a decade-old game that people still love, to the point where it has been released on pretty much any platform that will take it – I wouldn't be too surprised at seeing Skyrim running on a loving Tesla some time soon.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ballista missiles can't hit a static (hovering) target:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/462071526

It's a server issue. Apparently. Of course.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I like the wheels and suspension not working for wheeled vehicles. Guess that matches broken flight model for spaceships.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

I like how he has added Gamescom to his Twitter display name despite the fact CIG isn't attending and is only going to bars near Gamescom.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Agony Aunt posted:

Now my lords we don't want damages...

WE WANT WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS !!!

*derk smart cheers in background*

Find some where warm shitizens injunctions are coming ...

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

To be fair that's is just one dudes issues. It would only fill the executive summary on a real star citizen known issues report.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

-Sir, the ships have been randomly catapulting players into their deaths but, luckily, they have found that you can use an emote just before hitting the ground to prevent damage

-That's awful! Remove the emotes.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

lmao

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

kilus aof posted:

I like how he has added Gamescom to his Twitter display name despite the fact CIG isn't attending and is only going to bars near Gamescom.

Hashtag how OUYA did it.

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012
They really need to decide which part they want, they started in 2012 with 6 or the increase scope in 2015 when they had 270 employees, yes the latter is false, but if you're going to push that lie of a reboot, don't bring up the "founding years".

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Dementropy posted:

Evidently the mods over at r/StarCitizen are not offended.

Someone woke up. I have never seen this mod before.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

rePool posted:

He reads the thread.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

rePool posted:

GentlemanJ is cool I think. Pretty sure he was one of the guys I talked to during my whole banning thing. Ianfixie is the one who sent me the gorilla warfare copypasta though, which means he will forever be my favorite /r/starcitizen mod

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Another pedo. Shocking

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Claims goons built their entire identity around hating SC, then turns around and makes their entire identity about hating EGS.

:ironicat:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Colostomy Bag posted:

I like the wheels and suspension not working for wheeled vehicles. Guess that matches broken flight model for spaceships.

The theory we quickly came to when we saw the original implementation of vehicles was that they're all using the hover-bike physics with the wheels set to just "search" for the ground level. Nothing we've seen in the year or two since then has given me any cause to disbelieve that. It explains a lot of their jittering, too.

Still loving the shadow game they're playing with the 890. It's in 3.6! No, 3.6.1! We're now almost half a quarter past the "Release" date and they can't even do live video footage of the thing.

The 890 is really a make or break point for the community- it's the first great big super expensive megaship and the first one in the game with a hangar. I have no doubt that given enough time, CIG could probably do some kind of hangar mechanic- but on a moving ship, that works even 20% of the time? They'd have to cut through 7 years of movement and position bugs, and also figure out a shitload of things related to ship spawning and possession that they have been punting on for the whole lifetime of the project.

Basically the first actual hangar represents a great big wall of work that they can't put off any longer. They put the yacht on the schedule for whatever reason, and they've already gone two rounds hyping the hangar portion of it specifically. They can't just poo poo it out the door with a non-functional cavern in the middle of the ship and call it good enough. I mean they probably will, but it's going to be a giant hole below the waterline for the faith of a lot of the remaining mega whales.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Sarsapariller posted:

Still loving the shadow game they're playing with the 890. It's in 3.6! No, 3.6.1! We're now almost half a quarter past the "Release" date and they can't even do live video footage of the thing.

The 890 is really a make or break point for the community- it's the first great big super expensive megaship and the first one in the game with a hangar. I have no doubt that given enough time, CIG could probably do some kind of hangar mechanic- but on a moving ship, that works even 20% of the time? They'd have to cut through 7 years of movement and position bugs, and also figure out a shitload of things related to ship spawning and possession that they have been punting on for the whole lifetime of the project.

Basically the first actual hangar represents a great big wall of work that they can't put off any longer. They put the yacht on the schedule for whatever reason, and they've already gone two rounds hyping the hangar portion of it specifically. They can't just poo poo it out the door with a non-functional cavern in the middle of the ship and call it good enough. I mean they probably will, but it's going to be a giant hole below the waterline for the faith of a lot of the remaining mega whales.

I think if you're still a mega whale at this point, you're well past the point of Titanic vs iceberg - your faith in Crobbers is pretty much unshakeable. They'll just cite Tier-0 alpha status and sail serenely on with dreams.txt to console them.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

The theory we quickly came to when we saw the original implementation of vehicles was that they're all using the hover-bike physics with the wheels set to just "search" for the ground level. Nothing we've seen in the year or two since then has given me any cause to disbelieve that. It explains a lot of their jittering, too.

I find it odd that they are chasing this specific whale yatch, while the BMM is still forgotten. Since the BMM is not supposed to have an hangar, you would think it's an easier ship to develop.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Unless it's for Squadron 42, where you are supposed to storm the 890 and rescue a damsel in distress from big meanie slaver alien. This piece of plot should be cheesy enough to make into CR's masterful writing.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

And Planetfall is out.

While I enjoy the Age of Wonders franchise, I'm unsure about shelling out 50 bucks, knowing there will be a 30 buck expansion in 6-12 months time.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I know that my final straw as a backer was the release of the science/farming/exploration modular ship. I thought the development was pretty hosed before that, but that was the point (along with the changes to TOS) that made it apparent that it was an outright scam. Very happy I got that refund.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

JugbandDude posted:

I find it odd that they are chasing this specific whale yatch, while the BMM is still forgotten. Since the BMM is not supposed to have an hangar, you would think it's an easier ship to develop.

The BMM was an embarrassment for Chris when the company couldn't figure out which way the ship was actually supposed to face early on. Much like the Redeemer, the gunship built by the community- they'd like to throw it down the memory hole forever, but whoops they already sold it, locking them into their mistakes. So they just kind of pretend it doesn't exist.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Sandweed posted:

My bet is nothing is gonna change until the exec that made the decision to use frostbyte exclusively is ousted. Same thing happened where I work, some exec decided to switch to a service provider that was hated by every one internally already and by our customers for being incompetent, it wasn't reversed until he was fired decided to seek opportunities elsewhere.

Could be. Ken Moss, the current CTO, is still pushing it but I think the original idea came from Patrick Söderlund who is no longer at EA. Which would make sense since he was originally from DICE, the birthplace of Frostbite. But it's worth pointing out that it's usage isn't currently 'forced' on all the studios. I know that Bioware chose it themselves for Inquisition and then chose it again for Anthem. I think it's fairly well known that Respawn didn't use it for Apex.
The sports games are likely pretty much required at this point to use Frostbite though.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

monkeytek posted:

The Cymelion melt down would be Epic, heh, I imagine storming the LA offices and tearing down the front "space door" and then immediately to the $15k espresso machine would be the first orders of the revolution.

I'm imagining the exact opposite. If SC were to launch on epic, Cymelion would flip-flop hard and start shilling in favor of epic. He'd be everywhere saying how epic has a better vision for pc gaming than anyone else in the industry and how they are truely revolutionary now that they're partnering with gaming legend Chris Roberts.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Sarsapariller posted:

A nice thought but that salvage ship (Reclaimer?) that CAN'T SALVAGE is considered a huge success because it is big and the legs move a little when they collide with something. Literally all they have to do is make a jpeg fly, shitizens do not care if it does or does not do the thing(s) it was billed as.

The reason being they have:

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 7, 2019

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Dwesa posted:

And if his Skyrim was crashing every 20 minutes, it was probably because of all the NSFW mods he installed.

drat you Giuseppe Nelva and your chocolate elves!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JugbandDude posted:

And Planetfall is out.

While I enjoy the Age of Wonders franchise, I'm unsure about shelling out 50 bucks, knowing there will be a 30 buck expansion in 6-12 months time.

I got Age of Wonders 3 for free recently. I liked some of the earlier versions. Not had time to get into this much yet, just made a character and did a few turns just to see how it was. Looks ok.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I predict that the 890J's hanger will work just like the Andomeda's snub fighter.

Non-functional window dressing.

They'll park a fighter in there, you'll be able to sit in it and imagine how cool it will be when it works "someday"

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Virtual Captain posted:

A nice thought but that salvage ship (Reclaimer?) that CAN'T SALVAGE is considered a huge success because it is big and the legs move a little when they collide with something. Literally all they have to do is make a jpeg fly, shitizens do not care if it does or does not do the thing(s) it was billed as.

The reason being they have:

You're 100% correct about that and every other ship that currently is out without basic mechanics support. But my suspicion is that hangars are on a different level- putting a small thing inside a big thing is fundamental to the dreams of Citizens. Literally half of Citizen conversation is "Will X fit in Y? Can Z ship carry seven of Q ship?" They care so much about being able to launch a runabout from their Enterprise. In their minds it's still 1997 and this has never been done before even though it's a basic-bitch feature to be able to fly your vehicles around the geometry in pretty much every other game in existence now.

The 890 is being hyped repeatedly as the first step on that process. It can carry the missile thing! You can fit maybe two fighters inside it! Look at our screenshots! Given how salty they already are in general, if it slips past 3.7 and still isn't out, I think they're going to hit new heights of rage.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I predict that the 890J's hanger will work just like the Andomeda's snub fighter.

Non-functional window dressing.

They'll park a fighter in there, you'll be able to sit in it and imagine how cool it will be when it works "someday"

I really really really hope this is what they do. I don't think it's going to fly as well as it did six years ago (and still no actual mechanics on the horizon for that snub fighter, lol)

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Sarsapariller posted:

You're 100% correct about that and every other ship that currently is out without basic mechanics support. But my suspicion is that hangars are on a different level- putting a small thing inside a big thing is fundamental to the dreams of Citizens. Literally half of Citizen conversation is "Will X fit in Y? Can Z ship carry seven of Q ship?" They care so much about being able to launch a runabout from their Enterprise. In their minds it's still 1997 and this has never been done before even though it's a basic-bitch feature to be able to fly your vehicles around the geometry in pretty much every other game in existence now.

The 890 is being hyped repeatedly as the first step on that process. It can carry the missile thing! You can fit maybe two fighters inside it! Look at our screenshots! Given how salty they already are in general, if it slips past 3.7 and still isn't out, I think they're going to hit new heights of rage.

All will then be assuaged by Chris when he mobilizes his ursine self and writes a scathing letter blaming the supporters for their lack of faith and how they are lucky CIG is even doing this for them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/CloudImperium/status/1159132432433668098