Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Crabtree posted:

"Hey what's this leather book about -- Berserk?" *Opens the cover and FORCES "BERSERKER" from Clerks starts playing*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Speaking of, the deluxe vol. 2 is on sale at amazon for $31.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506711995/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_H-W4CbFRCF7X8

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
:agesilaus: I paid $10--15 each for 37 volumes.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

:agesilaus: I paid $10--15 each for 37 volumes.

these are prettier and they also can be used as a weapon if someone attempts to break into your home

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i loving love this trend of giving badass old manga big hardcover omnibus releases, the Battle Angel Alita ones are also amazing

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I have the series stacked from the floor up to my waist and because I am a clumsy oaf I can honestly claim to have been physically injured by Berserk.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I caved and ordered the first Deluxe volume and preordered the next ones.

Jesus this thing is a tome. This is definitely one of the cooler manga releases I’ve bought- you can really see the detail in the artwork with these greatsword-sized pages.

These early chapters are pretty wild to revisit too after being used to the more recent ones.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Got shipping info for the Guts Berserk repaint figure from Goodsmile. Doesn't seem to be any details whatsoever and the release date has been pushed from something like March to August. But it's got a tracking code somehow.

After exchange rate, I think this way is a few bucks cheaper than Amazon even. Which has been pimping the item out to me for the past month or two. Usually Amazon winds up equal to or ~$5 cheaper on the few import models/toys I've looked into.

Did we already get our 6 chapters for the year? It's only July and I'm pretty sure it's been a long while since the last chapter.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Andrigaar posted:

Did we already get our 6 chapters for the year? It's only July and I'm pretty sure it's been a long while since the last chapter.

The most recent chapter was released in April, its also the only chapter released this year.

Still more content then HxH though :)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Saw this on reddit

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Saw this on reddit

lol

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I was watching the Saint Seiya netflix adaptation earlier today, and while the story changes were atrocious, the animation was pretty nice, so here's my delusional hope that whichever studio was responsible for it is given the job for the theoretical Berserk netflix adaptation.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lezard_valeth posted:

I was watching the Saint Seiya netflix adaptation earlier today, and while the story changes were atrocious, the animation was pretty nice, so here's my delusional hope that whichever studio was responsible for it is given the job for the theoretical Berserk netflix adaptation.

I didn't know this was a thing and I watched the trailer and now I need to erase my knowledge of it.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
New chapter on the 23rd.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Pindakaas posted:

New chapter on the 23rd.

Yesssss, let's see moon Griffith in elf land.

Let's see Casca!

He's not going to elf island, is he?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Lol it's gonna be a slice of life chapter covering Rickert's new life among the Kushan.

The plot will not advance in any way.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
The announcement blurb does indicate we'll be returning to Guts and Casca on Elf Island.

But maybe don't get your hopes up, even so.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Paramemetic posted:

Lol it's gonna be a slice of life chapter covering Rickert's new life among the Kushan.

The plot will not advance in any way.

I would loving love that

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

LordMune posted:

The announcement blurb does indicate we'll be returning to Guts and Casca on Elf Island.

But maybe don't get your hopes up, even so.

First page is Casca asking about the skull knight and Guts wonders what he’s doing.

Rest is Skull Knights Day Off adventures

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

bobjr posted:

First page is Casca asking about the skull knight and Guts wonders what he’s doing.

Rest is Skull Knights Day Off adventures

i'm down for a comedy spin-off featuring skull knight's continuing adventures in accidentally helping the godhand

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm rereading the series and noticed for the first time that there is explicit mention of a person who is tortured in a tower by Gaiseric. So we're sure Gaiseric and this political/social opponent is Void, right? Am I understanding this correctly? Wouldn't it make more sense if Gaiseric (an rear end in a top hat conqueror ((of assholes))) could sacrifice his entire kingdom to become a godhand and conquer even more? Could Void be Gaiseric?

This is my 2nd manga after Ranma 1/2 when I was in middle school so I'm real bad at understanding them

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

imo Gaiseric is the Skull Knight, since Slan refers to SK as "Your Majesty" back in chapter 220. I don't remember the part where they mentioned Gaiseric's opponent trapped in the tower, but my memory of the last 40+ chapters is kind of fuzzy. What chapter was that in? That prisoner's probably Void.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Can't remember, I read it a few weeks ago :( I think it was Judeau telling a story, but I might be conflating it with the story about 4 or 5 angels coming down to raze the city.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Torquemadras posted:

I would loving love that

It's what I've been waiting for.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mozgus tells the story, Void was imprisoned in the tower of conviction.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Gaiseric is Skull Knight in the way where they never say it but it’s implied so heavily that if he turned out to not be it would be BS

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

big cummers ONLY posted:

Can't remember, I read it a few weeks ago :( I think it was Judeau telling a story, but I might be conflating it with the story about 4 or 5 angels coming down to raze the city.

ah, found it. in chapter 138, father mozgus explains that the tower of conviction once held a sage who proclaimed king gaiseric's sins, and he was tortured until angels descended

yeah that's gotta be void

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

ah, found it. in chapter 138, father mozgus explains that the tower of conviction once held a sage who proclaimed king gaiseric's sins, and he was tortured until angels descended

yeah that's gotta be void
Mozgus mentions only one, "an angel", but it may just be this particular translation.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Japanese rarely specifies plural or singular

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

The weird thing is, though: who oversaw the ascension of the other Godhand members? And, for that matter, who was it when the very first one ascended?

The Godhand doesn't really seem to have a true leader, but if it did, Void would probably be the most likely candidate. He might as well be the very first Godhand member. But then, who were those angels?
Or maybe there's time fuckery involved? The God Hand always has to be five, even if later members aren't technically even born yet - they appear anyway in that timeless realm where new apostles are born. It's not like they can act outside of that realm anyway, not until Fantasia happened. That would mean Griffith oversaw the ascension of the other four as well. Certainly possible, with fundamentally impossible beings like these.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

There's a theory that there have been hundreds of godhands and they keep killing each other.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

The impression I got is that it's a cycle. A godhand has a life span. How it ends is unclear. Void probably knows this: he functions as an agent of fate. The rest of the godhand don't and think they are totally immortal, and they are due for a rude awakening in a few hundred years.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Torquemadras posted:

The weird thing is, though: who oversaw the ascension of the other Godhand members? And, for that matter, who was it when the very first one ascended?

The Godhand doesn't really seem to have a true leader, but if it did, Void would probably be the most likely candidate. He might as well be the very first Godhand member. But then, who were those angels?
Or maybe there's time fuckery involved? The God Hand always has to be five, even if later members aren't technically even born yet - they appear anyway in that timeless realm where new apostles are born. It's not like they can act outside of that realm anyway, not until Fantasia happened. That would mean Griffith oversaw the ascension of the other four as well. Certainly possible, with fundamentally impossible beings like these.

Last time I read it, I figured the Godhand were free from time and kind of "always existed" even if each one had a particular birth point.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Every 500 years the Godhand with the least cool name gets replaced.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

bobjr posted:

Every 500 years the Godhand with the least cool name gets replaced.

Sorry Conrad

I mean, we get it, you're a scifi reference like all of us, but

Com'on. CONRAD. That's basically a normal-rear end name.

And you're not even doing anything most of the time, so, uh, in a professional capacity, and, uh

Anyhow I need you to make space for our new hire Am

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Femto sounds like a tampon brand, though. That motherfucker's next on the list.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
It blows my mind that it's been 22 years since Casca became a potato. Like, people were born and probably on their way to finishing college in that time.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
According to reddit it will be 23 years to the day of the issue of Young Animal, seems intentional if that's the case and it turns out that this issue will have Casca actually reunite with Guts.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

23 godhands confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I hope Berserk cuts the demon in half!