Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Sarsapariller posted:

But my suspicion is that hangars are on a different level- putting a small thing inside a big thing is fundamental to the dreams of Citizens.

There are two things that are fundamental to the dream; first, that you can buy ships now and second, you will receive them later. Eventually. So long as Christmas never comes then I, a child, can never be disappointed by what's not under the tree. Chris Roberts just figured out that keeping the lights up 365 is enough to fool the commandos every night into leaving him their milk and cookies before bed.

The people who bought this jpeg will wait forever even if it comes out without a hangar. Hell Chris could always ship Lesnick back to conduct an investigation into what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

Does... Does his sweater *actually* say "Cult"?
Are we sure he's a paid shill and not actively mocking the whole thing?

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

What's he so angry about? He looks really pissed.

Guess I might look like that, if I worked for CI(G).

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

JackSplater posted:

that's my theory

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Sarsapariller posted:

You're 100% correct about that and every other ship that currently is out without basic mechanics support. But my suspicion is that hangars are on a different level- putting a small thing inside a big thing is fundamental to the dreams of Citizens. Literally half of Citizen conversation is "Will X fit in Y? Can Z ship carry seven of Q ship?"

lol I forgot about this asinine fixation.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

There are two things that are fundamental to the dream; first, that you can buy ships now and second, you will receive them later. Eventually. So long as Christmas never comes then I, a child, can never be disappointed by what's not under the tree. Chris Roberts just figured out that keeping the lights up 365 is enough to fool the commandos every night into leaving him their milk and cookies before bed.

The people who bought this jpeg will wait forever even if it comes out without a hangar. Hell Chris could always ship Lesnick back to conduct an investigation into what happened.

:five:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Good lord, it appears that they've filled fifteen positions. That's a trajectory of nearly two jobs a month. At this rate they'll fill their recruitment requirements in 3.5 years.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ahh, the great Cornholio; constantly in a search for TP for his bunghole.

Beware lest you threaten him.

Edit: That's "ZDF Cult", which more brand reinforcement for https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/ZILLA

You'll note that they have 'openings' for massage therapists, meaning all that rubbing is a positive.

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 7, 2019

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Why is there a movie grain filter?

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

XK posted:

Why is there a movie grain filter?

Chris Roberts - Director

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ONCE MORE THE SITH WILL RULE THE GALAXY [...]

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

ONCE MORE THE SITH WILL RULE THE GALAXY [...]

*if they don't die of heart attack

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

JackSplater posted:

Remember when Clinton called Trump supporters "deplorables" and a bunch of them changes their Twitter handles to that?

Same thing here I think.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1159166203383840768

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizencon/community-booths

quote:

Community booths provide an opportunity for members of the Star Citizen community to represent in person at CitizenCon 2949. Whether you are representing your org, an event group, or a sub-community, we're expanding this year to allow all backers to make their presence felt in an official capacity at the event.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 7, 2019

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hav posted:

Ahh, the great Cornholio; constantly in a search for TP for his bunghole.

Beware lest you threaten him.

Edit: That's "ZDF Cult", which more brand reinforcement for https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/ZILLA

You'll note that they have 'openings' for massage therapists, meaning all that rubbing is a positive.

Oh my, that org page is a minefield of comedy.

"We have access to every ship in the game as it is released. YES we have Javelins…(although they are not in game yet)" - LOL, they have access to everything even though some of it isn't actually accessible.

"We are a dominating force in the verse." - gotta wave that epeen! Let everyone know just how big yours is!

"We create 50 man battle scenarios nightly on Rexzilla’s Twitch channel." - aka, we fill the server to its limit, causing instability, but at least it makes sure nobody else can join and interrupt our Milsim ERP.

"But even when Rex is offline we are always active in the DISCORD running various in game operations." - maybe its just my reading of it, but being active on Discord doesn't mean ingame. But hey, its all fantasy land anyway.

"Greatest PvP Expererience" - well, ahem, its not exactly organic PvP when other side is told exactly where to go and you know when to expect them. I wouldn't call it the greatest. Also, you really need a stable game for that i would think.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Grubby Hobo posted:

Wouldn't you be pissed having to play SC every single day?

However, i think he looks constipated.

I think he's actually going for the "hard man" look. The pic of him in the top part of the image is him going for the sportsman hard man look.

Its all about the image. Men want to be him. Women want him. Something like that.

But at the end of the day, he's just a gamer who enjoys waving his epeen around a bit too much.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Sarsapariller posted:

putting a small thing inside a big thing is fundamental to the dreams of Citizens.
You got that right! WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

He has his cap on backwards and his hood pulled up.

I don't know what that is ment to say, but it makes me think of 14 year olds at the bus stop.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Kosumo posted:

it makes me think of 14 year olds at the bus stop.
It wouldn't be the first time!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Sarsapariller posted:

But my suspicion is that hangars are on a different level- putting a small thing inside a big thing is fundamental to the dreams of Citizens.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Stupid Crowdfunding Accomplishments Mausoleum > Star Citizen: Putting a small thing inside a big thing is fundamental to the dreams of Citizens.

Please?

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Grubby Hobo posted:

He's putting on Tough Guy Face because he lives hard and plays hard and dominates and is alpha because he is a PROFESSIONAL videogame player

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

Dynastocles posted:

He's putting on Tough Guy Face because he lives hard and plays hard and dominates and is alpha because he is a PROFESSIONAL videogame player

Tough guy face is supposed to have a bit of "I don't care" on it.

Anyway, that sports picture looks more like "crap, did I just throw that over the catcher's head and cost my team three runs" face.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kosumo posted:

He has his cap on backwards and his hood pulled up.

I don't know what that is ment to say, but it makes me think of 14 year olds at the bus stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWUjF4IMCP0

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Kosumo posted:

Whoo there a minute buddy, what do you mean by "send the goods"? This is AAAA level pledging, if you want "goods" this may not be the game project for you - you card will still be charged*.

No refunds!

Any credit card charge backs will be forwarded to the FBI

P.s. Is the name on that credit card Derek K. Smart

* There will be a one off** charge of $99.99 for non-delivery of your goods.

** One off charge for each pledge.

thats fine by me. i just want to be part of this amazing project.
but do you have digital distribution on cybertron? it may take a while for the data to cross several thousand lightyears...

i would prefer a boxed copy that you send through hyperspace, i assume that is possible

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Bumble He posted:

thats fine by me. i just want to be part of this amazing project.
but do you have digital distribution on cybertron? it may take a while for the data to cross several thousand lightyears...

i would prefer a boxed copy that you send through hyperspace, i assume that is possible

No! Epictron Pledge Store only!

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

What if Chris needed a few more million dollars for his Monaco retirement fund and announced that Star Citizen would be an Epic Store exclusive?

It would be amazing to see the Citizenry fall over themselves trying to defend CIG finally crossing the Rubicon and going for the only scummy video game monetization they haven't tried yet.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Grubby Hobo posted:

Tough guy face is supposed to have a bit of "I don't care" on it.

Anyway, that sports picture looks more like "crap, did I just throw that over the catcher's head and cost my team three runs" face.

IMO: Rexzilla’s trying to do a Dr. Disrespect type character, but doesn’t quite have the charisma and acting chops to pull it off. Which means he ends up being ridiculous in a cringe inducing way rather than a funny enjoyable way.

Even Dr. D isn’t a true great at that kind of schtick, he’s just good enough at it to stand out in the small pond that is Twitch. The platonic ideal of what I’m thinking of was :swoon: himself, Randy the Macho Man Savage. Total commitment to a character so absurd that he simultaneously embodied and subverted macho stereotypes. Dr. D understands how to project that kind of vibe, Rexzilla doesn’t (or maybe isn’t even aware it would be a much better act).

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Ah yes, the old "there is a secret build where everything is wonderful, but they can't show you yet" narrative. Why they are only releasing all of this incredibly lovely code to throw off the industry you see, the night before final release, what is release anyway, they will do a massive code swap and SC will be seen in all its true glory.

All those who ridiculed CIG will be perma banned from this veritable EDEN crying and gnashing their teeth for all eternity. THE END.

monkeytek fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Aug 8, 2019

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Bethesda saying they would never be able to fix all the bugs is almost CIG level lazy. When Bethesda just doesn't bother doing anything about it, even when the modders who don't have source code access have a solution ready within two weeks because the same bug was present in the previous game, it feels a bit like Chris absolving himself of his deadline mismanagement.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

colonelwest posted:

What if Chris needed a few more million dollars for his Monaco retirement fund and announced that Star Citizen would be an Epic Store exclusive?

It would be amazing to see the Citizenry fall over themselves trying to defend CIG finally crossing the Rubicon and going for the only scummy video game monetization they haven't tried yet.

Sadly, given what The Agent and others have been saying about CIG’s industry rep, I expect that EGS would laugh and turn Chris down before even taking a meeting. It would be funny to see Cymelion’s head explode though.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Agony Aunt posted:

I got Age of Wonders 3 for free recently. I liked some of the earlier versions. Not had time to get into this much yet, just made a character and did a few turns just to see how it was. Looks ok.

Age of Wonders 3 is quite good, though there is a lot of DLC for it as I recall. I liked playing Tigrans in multiplayer back in the day when their DLC came out.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/CharlieAscende/status/1158497950902784000
https://twitter.com/CharlieAscende/status/1158497324710027264
https://twitter.com/CharlieAscende/status/1158541403409883136
https://twitter.com/CharlieAscende/status/1158541789210353664
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/1158652347737890816

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 8, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I don't understand anything about that situation except who Popehat is

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

What the gently caress is happening with popehat

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

It's already making progress so far.

A blistering endorsement.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

At long last, an answer to the burning question, "What if Gamzee from Homestuck was an actual human person?"

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

XK posted:

It's already making progress so far.

A blistering endorsement.

ByHetap/status reads as an unfortunate "By Hepatitis" if your brain does that thing.

That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

quote:

One day in couple of years later when the game fully releases
Wasn't that day supposed to happen five years ago?