Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Bape Culture posted:

Luiz is shite. A complete liability what is happening

i dont want him anywhere close to the club op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Such a weird transfer. Only thing I can think of is some issue between Lampard and Luiz

Did they play together?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bape Culture posted:

So you’re saying he’s an upgrade?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bape Culture posted:

And aren’t Chelsea under a transfer ban with an already thin squad? This transfer makes no sense.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bape Culture posted:

an appropriate price to an appropriate club actually

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bape Culture posted:

So you’re saying he’s an upgrade?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Chelsea have plenty of cover at centerback. Besides Luiz there’s Rudiger, Zouma, Christensen and potentially Azpilicueta. If you had to pick one to offload, Luiz is the oldest and probably the biggest liability. It’s still kind of weird to sell him to a rival while under transfer ban. Maybe it’s an attempted sabotage

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I can’t wait for Luiz in an Arsenal shirt, the reincarnation of Andre Santos

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Arsenal's center backs:

Sokratis (fine)
Holding (good? but injured)
Chambers (Chambers)
Monreal (is a left back)
Mavropanos (moves like a newborn deer, injured)
Mustafi (no)

Luiz undoubtedly improves this group

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
a serial winner who gives his all

meanwhile Arsenal fans:

Bea Nanner posted:

i dont want him anywhere close to the club op

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Luiz was the best actual centre back at Chelsea last year. Probably the best Koscielny replacement going for £8 million. Still a massive liability a lot of the time, but still not bad business given the lack of quality centre backs available.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Luiz and mustafi

Holy loving lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Luiz and mustafi

Holy loving lol

Remember Bramble and Boumsong?

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

Sure, who needs right backs anyway? Overrated position

KWP isn't going anywhere but lol

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

skasion posted:

Chelsea have plenty of cover at centerback. Besides Luiz there’s Rudiger, Zouma, Christensen and potentially Azpilicueta. If you had to pick one to offload, Luiz is the oldest and probably the biggest liability. It’s still kind of weird to sell him to a rival while under transfer ban. Maybe it’s an attempted sabotage

Rudiger is injured. Better hope none of the other two (or three?) pick up a knock.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Rudiger’s back in non-contact training as of today, he might miss the first couple games of the season I guess.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
This is Chelsea we're talking about, they've got a half dozen loanees they could recall in an emergency. Doubt any of them are very good but it's not like they're desperate for players

e: Tomori was a nailed on starter at Derby last season, no? I'm sure Fat Frank will give him a decent amount of game time

brasstassels fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 7, 2019

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The Luiz transfer would be the funniest transfer in forever, I'm gonna be sad when it doesn't materialize by the time the window closes

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

hadji murad posted:

a serial winner who gives his all

meanwhile Arsenal fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7IMPsyQg6k

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

brasstassels posted:

I’m sure Kyle Walker-Peters-Peters is almost ready.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

a very Arsenal response regarding a player who has more honours than everyone at Arsenal football club put together

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

brasstassels posted:

Maybe Aurier should try not being constantly injured

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
apprently spurs broke their transfer record again?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Chelsea were tied for 3rd in goals conceded with a back 4 of Rudiger/Christensen, Luiz, Azpilicueta, and Emerson/Alonso. They had Jorginho in front of them and Kepa in goal.

If Luiz is bad then who is covering for him?

Rudiger was probably Chelsea's best defender, but after him I think Luiz was most responsible for only conceding 39 goals in the league.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
basically people only look at highlights which show an error or brilliance of any player and make sweeping generalizations based on that

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Di Marzio has Mandzukic to Man United back on again, now that Lukaku is on the way out.

My guess is: Mandzukic goes to Man U, Dybala goes to PSG, Icardi goes to Juve, Higuain stays with Juve.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

hadji murad posted:

basically people only look at highlights which show an error or brilliance of any player and make sweeping generalizations based on that

It would not be difficult to put together a YouTube compilation that makes Mustafi look world class.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Der Shovel posted:

Some journos in Spain reporting United are willing to meet Inaki Williams' €88m release clause.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

This is now peak silly season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptUII8s1i-g

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Big Huski Boi posted:

It would not be difficult to put together a YouTube compilation that makes Mustafi look world class.

exactly

while watching Mustafi and Luiz over a whole season would come to very difficult conclusions about their ability

personally I find this Luiz stuff a bit strange, he’s featured in pre season a lot, is a very big face of the club in promotions, and he’s a teammate of Frank’s from the CL

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Oh My God

Apparently the Ozil to MLS rumors are based on his agents coming to discuss opening a coffee shop at the stadium, transfer highly unlikely IMO, hahahahahahahahaha

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Blinkz0rz posted:

Maybe Aurier should try not being constantly bad

ftfy

also, that Jenkinson signing picture is gold (even if i genuinely feel bad for the guy)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

So Arsenal have sold their "best" center half, sold another "promising" center half, sold a solid backup right back, and are now buying another hugely inconsistent center half. This should be interesting.

Monreal/Kolasinac at left back so they really don't have a defender playing left back. A potential center half pairing which makes me look longingly at Smalling and Jones. A right back who is either a winger or someone who just exploded his knee and is 100% reliant on his pace. And a keeper who isn't exactly a world beater although who can blame him with those defenders in front of him.

Auba and Lacazette better bang in a brace each every match or Arsenal are in big trouble.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

So Arsenal have sold their "best" center half, sold another "promising" center half, sold a solid backup right back, and are now buying another hugely inconsistent center half. This should be interesting.

Monreal/Kolasinac at left back so they really don't have a defender playing left back. A potential center half pairing which makes me look longingly at Smalling and Jones. A right back who is either a winger or someone who just exploded his knee and is 100% reliant on his pace. And a keeper who isn't exactly a world beater although who can blame him with those defenders in front of him.

Auba and Lacazette better bang in a brace each every match or Arsenal are in big trouble.

Tierney would be the left back. Who was the promising center half Arsenal sold?

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

Tierney would be the left back. Who was the promising center half Arsenal sold?
I assume Bielik, even though he's garbage.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Redundant posted:

I assume Bielik, even though he's garbage.

By most accounts he was very good in a Charlton team last season who got promoted to the Championship and he’s only 21.

Maybe he’s never going to be good enough for Arsenal but selling a 21 year old for £8m when he’s never gotten a shot at the top level is a bit strange when they’re considering Chambers a center half when he just had his best season playing in midfield and Holding who has looked fine but is coming off of a serious injury and who knows if he’s going to regain the form he had before his injury.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

Lukaku due in Milano tonight; Inter's most expensive signing by almost double. Vieri cost them 45 mil.
that was way back, you gotta adjust at least for inflation

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Big Huski Boi posted:

GD, make this mod challenge tia

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

By most accounts he was very good in a Charlton team last season who got promoted to the Championship and he’s only 21.

Maybe he’s never going to be good enough for Arsenal but selling a 21 year old for £8m when he’s never gotten a shot at the top level is a bit strange when they’re considering Chambers a center half when he just had his best season playing in midfield and Holding who has looked fine but is coming off of a serious injury and who knows if he’s going to regain the form he had before his injury.
At the same time £8m isn't bad money for a player whose best performances have been in League One. The arsenal defence needs work now, especially now Koscielny has left, it doesn't need to keep hold of a mediocre defender in case he increases in value after another loan.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

that was way back, you gotta adjust at least for inflation

Vieri also scored 103 goals in 143 Serie A appearances for Inter which is an insane ratio outside of Messi, Ronaldo, and like Gerd Muller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Hell, at this point one of the Budweiser Clydesdales could improve your back line.