Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mega64 posted:

I don't know what you all are going on about. Lady Rhea is a great person! She's kind, she loves everyone, and she's doing her best to help out the people of Fodlan. Everyone who's talking bad about Lady Rhea doesn't know who she really is, a wonderful leader who puts the weight of the world on her shoulders. You should all show more respect to Lady Rhea, as she is the greatest thing to ever happen to Fodlan and its people.

Cyril, aren't you a little young to be posting here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah killing cyril in the final mission owned too, gently caress that guy, your naive illiterate rear end gently caress outta here

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Do any of the routes involve Cyril becoming disillusioned with Rhea? Because man, she is really not worthy of the level of obsessive devotion he shows her.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Rand Brittain posted:

Do any of the routes involve Cyril becoming disillusioned with Rhea? Because man, she is really not worthy of the level of obsessive devotion he shows her.

He's an orphanage rescued from a lovely place and given a peaceful life.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
Better a scrub servant in a castle than a street kid. It's not hard to see why he idolizes her, especially since he's kind of an idiot.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I don't even think he was a street rat, he got child-soldiered right after his parents died.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

In one of his supports he makes a comment about working for Hilda's family and it being a really rough time for him.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm more disappointed he never one-handed chokeholds her and demands that she gives him more people to kill.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Oh yeah killing cyril in the final mission owned too, gently caress that guy, your naive illiterate rear end gently caress outta here

Edelgard "Read a Book or Get the Boot" von Hresvelg

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Blue Lions has my favorite plot. I like how dire it is post time-skip, it’s a good contrast to the Eagles route since you get to see the guy who’s on the receiving end of everything, and not taking it well..

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

The Skeleton King posted:

Blue Lions has my favorite plot. I like how dire it is post time-skip, it’s a good contrast to the Eagles route since you get to see the guy who’s on the receiving end of everything, and not taking it well..
actually, speaking of attitude changes post timeskip, I really love the changes to everyone's post-fight banter and other flavor text

Like, Caspar's goes from "Right makes Might, right?" to "Might makes right."
Subtle change, wildly different connotation.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
a lot of the battle quotes post-timeskip really catch the zeitgeist in tyool 2019 imo

like claude's "we're all a little desperate" or "the strong die, the weak live" or hilda's "either you or me"

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ONLY THORNS LEFT ON THIS ROSE

fire emblem may never top "pick a god and pray" for its crit quotes but its after-battle quotes for this and echoes are honestly giving it competition

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

On the one hand, I miss Byleth's part 1 critical line "Let the lesson begin!", but "Here's something to believe in!" is pretty good, too.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
"Bernie's unstoppable!"

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I too enjoy Dimitri’s “WASTED EFFORT” after Flayn dances him.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I think Bernadetta's crit line went from "Stay Away!" to "Sorry, but this is war!" as she shoots a guy in the face, but don't quote me on that

there's just a lot of good quotes all around, I'm so proud of my little band of murder babies :kimchi:

e: though, one quote that really gets tiresome is Ferdinand's entrance quote. Every battle, "I am Ferdinand von Aegir." He doesn't even shout it, he just calmly introduces himself, what's up with that.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

ashe, when getting a good level post timeskip, says "without power, who can you protect?"

look at how this war has brutalized my sweet boy :smith:

psy_wombats
Dec 1, 2009

Well that about sums up Ferdinand: really tiresome

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Blaziken386 posted:

e: though, one quote that really gets tiresome is Ferdinand's entrance quote. Every battle, "I am Ferdinand von Aegir." He doesn't even shout it, he just calmly introduces himself, what's up with that.

It is legally required to yell "WE KNOW" back at him every time. The cops are watching you.

psy_wombats posted:

Well that about sums up Ferdinand: really tiresome

This on the other hand? This is lies. Ferdinand is fantastic.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
I got so many "I could have been sleeping" with Linhard: ( (quote he does when he gets a bad level up).

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

now that i'm nearing endgame might i as well start grinding the poo poo out of claude's sword rank so he can use his paralogue sword (A rank)

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

McTimmy posted:

"Bernie's unstoppable!"

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

AFashionableHat posted:

It is legally required to yell "WE KNOW" back at him every time. The cops are watching you.

This on the other hand? This is lies. Ferdinand is fantastic.

I wasn't a huge fan of him at first, but I have to admit that post timeskip, I'm really starting to see the appeal of Ferdinand's luscious locks.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
ALLOW ME TO DEMONSTRATE is really good

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
How many of yall are doing dead-is-dead runs without divine pulse?

I honestly feel like the game gives you so many characters and so little deployments because they expect people to play this way.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Deified Data posted:

How many of yall are doing dead-is-dead runs without divine pulse?

I honestly feel like the game gives you so many characters and so little deployments because they expect people to play this way.

the last time fire emblem was designed for ironman was on the NES. They give you divine pulse because the assumed mode of play on classic mode isn't "dead is dead" it's "death is a loss condition"

e: play however you want though, but it isn't the expected mode of play

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 8, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Eimi posted:

I kinda wanna see Ingrid with swords, both because she's Saber and also I hear she does a cute wave but no swordfaire kinda kills that for my ~optimization~ riddled brain. Taking her on a detour through paladin is good and yeah basically if you can get someone Brigand mastery and they do melee you kinda should because it's that good.

From a while back but I pathed Ingrid pegasus knight, swordmaster, falcon knight and she was absolutely monstrous at the end. The only more valuable resource I had was my Shamir/Ashe sniper unit because gently caress all these loving mages and not being able to kill them from five spaces away.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I’m gonna miss having my outrageously powerful friend Dedue on other routes.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

the last time fire emblem was designed for ironman was on the NES. They give you divine pulse because the assumed mode of play on classic mode isn't "dead is dead" it's "death is a loss condition"

Divine Pulse even automatically triggers if you get a required unit killed which, as someone who purposely kept alm & celica out of harms way the entirity of SoV because it was instant game over, I really appreciated

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The best crit line is "let me paint you a picture!" :byodood:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

TBH the most annoying part of death now is the fact you can't divine pulse on the enemy's turn
mainly because whenever I have a death it inevitably happens first thing in the turn, and I have to fastforward through all the stuff I'm about to undo

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

JBP posted:

The best crit line is "let me paint you a picture!" :byodood:

Same, but unironically.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Just did chapter 9/month 12 and saw the post-battle cutscene and now I'm ready to murder everyone.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Hellioning posted:

Same, but unironically.

I'm not saying ironically, it owns.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

TBH the most annoying part of death now is the fact you can't divine pulse on the enemy's turn
mainly because whenever I have a death it inevitably happens first thing in the turn, and I have to fastforward through all the stuff I'm about to undo

you can hit start to just skip everything

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

dmboogie posted:

you can hit start to just skip everything
:psyboom:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
This is probably a dumb question and a dumb reason for wanting to purchase the Nintendo online service, but what sorts of items are found/dropped when being connected online? Anything significant?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tons of trash rusted items and occasional experience boosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The drops on the maps are usually rusted trash that’s never more than an iron weapon, but on later maps you can get some neat poo poo like a killing edge