Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

hate hate hate hate hate hate hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nope. They are both 5' 11".

You're really.overthinking this.

my brain massively overthinks things on the regular and i don't often get it turned around so for me some eli5 would be appreciated tbh; hate feeling like i didn't get it

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 8, 2019

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ciaphas posted:

my brain massively overthinks things on the regular and i don't often get it turned around so for me some eli5 would be appreciated tbh

Someone already explained one post above what you quoted. Just read the thread lol.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Someone already explained one post above what you quoted. Just read the thread lol.

ah i misread and assumed you were refuting both explanations, nevermind

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

new tack entirely, with a pair of MCH questions

In hypercharge is it actually even possible to get enough sksp to get >5 heated or crossbow shots? even when it seems like i'll have just enough time i always miss it by a split second (and GCD clip hard fumbling for an ability i can use)

Similarly, is it possible to squeeze more than six(? hypercharge + 1 normal GCD) weaponskills into a Wildfire?

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Corbeau posted:

It shouldn't feel strange being able to make nice outfits even early in the game, but I guess that I'm still used to how horrible most of WoW's outfit options are due to sheer age.

Holy crap this is a good RM themed outfit. What did you make it from?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Ciaphas posted:

In hypercharge is it actually even possible to get enough sksp to get >5 heated or crossbow shots? even when it seems like i'll have just enough time i always miss it by a split second (and GCD clip hard fumbling for an ability i can use)

Similarly, is it possible to squeeze more than six(? hypercharge + 1 normal GCD) weaponskills into a Wildfire?

Heat shot and crossbow GCD isnt affected by skillspeed. They're hard set at 1.5 secs so you can specifically only do 5 shots. So during wildfire it will always be 5 heat shots + one regular GCD (not drill or air anchor because those seem to register their damage a little later than your normal shots for some reason Ive noticed)

Orthodox Rabbit fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 8, 2019

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Ciaphas posted:

It is not possible, no. Auto Crossbow and Heat Blast are unaffected by skillspeed or any effect which reduces your GCD-- they're hard locked at 1.5 seconds. That extra time at the end is a buffer so you don't have to hard button mash or have pixel perfect GCD timing to out to get all five shots out.

By extension, six GCDs is the hard limit on how many GCDs you can get into Wildfire.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

nope, there's enough time for a little bit of leeway in getting 5 blasts out but not enough for 6 of them. same for the wildfire window, you'll always be able to squeeze in 6 at most.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Oh wow, Titan's fight dialogue can change based on context, that's neat :smith:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

jjac posted:

Oh wow, Titan's fight dialogue can change based on context, that's neat :smith:

that always breaks people

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

1) no

2) no

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Krabboss posted:

Yeah looking at my logs of Savage fights, there's not really any difference in uptime between ranged phys, mages and melees. The fights are so organised that after you've learned them there's really not a lot of time where you're not smacking the boss. This clear I'm looking at has a 50th percentile MNK and 50th percentile BRD with the exact same uptime and MNK had 800 more rDPS. If the MNK was another ranged phys, we probably just wouldn't have beaten enrage. Obviously that would be a lovely composition, but still.

And then the red mage in this log is doing like 1.7k less rdps than the melees and their ability to res is worthless since we couldn't afford to have any deaths anyway. Dodgy job.

Even if it's a lovely composition I think it's a pretty valid point; I really feel like DPS balance has managed to be worse than it was before. There definitely seems to be some sort of disconnect between balancing the classes and fight design. Are they designing around class roles without actually finding ways to apply them in the fights? At least tanks and healers are doing okay??

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Also theres two types of players of ff14 in my.6 years of experience with raiding and duty roulette. You're either trans and/or gay or your one of those awful het couples that you get stuck in a dungeon with and they're both sub grey parsers who yell.at you for eating one aoe while.doing more dps than both of them together as healer.

I joined a couple's E2S clear party with my friend to try and help him get the clear on Monday night. They were constantly asking what everybody's numbers were since they weren't running ACT themselves. The couple were kinda low but passable, but they'd inevitably die each run. Rather than look at themselves, for some reason they were intent on trying to blame the AST for dragging the party's DPS down. I had to keep standing up for this poor AST without actually taking the bait and saying how anybody was actually doing since I didn't want to go to gamer jail again.

We didn't end up getting the clear and I've seen them in PF every day since still trying to get the clear. Nightmare people.

Dryzen posted:

Even if it's a lovely composition I think it's a pretty valid point; I really feel like DPS balance has managed to be worse than it was before. There definitely seems to be some sort of disconnect between balancing the classes and fight design. Are they designing around class roles without actually finding ways to apply them in the fights? At least tanks and healers are doing okay??

I've made this point before, but if you do a technically correct lineup like MNK, NIN, DNC and RDM then I think it might be actually impossible to beat enrage in E2S (this is the savage fight I keep talking about because I just haven't done 3 or 4 yet). I mean, that's assuming it's week 1 and everybody is in i450 gear and that none of the people are super high percentile parsers. Towards the end of last week, I was starting to see a lot of clear parties excluding these jobs which don't easily do big damage. I dunno, to me it doesn't make a lot of sense that Summoner does significantly less damage than Black Mage. Resurrections are not super useful when your PF group cannot tolerate any dps loss from deaths anyway.

Krabboss fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 8, 2019

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Krabboss posted:

I joined a couple's E2S clear party with my friend to try and help him get the clear on Monday night. They were constantly asking what everybody's numbers were since they weren't running ACT themselves. The couple were kinda low but passable, but they'd inevitably die each run. Rather than look at themselves, for some reason they were intent on trying to blame the AST for dragging the party's DPS down. I had to keep standing up for this poor AST without actually taking the bait and saying how anybody was actually doing since I didn't want to go to gamer jail again.

We didn't end up getting the clear and I've seen them in PF every day since still trying to get the clear. Nightmare people.

I've only met one good het couple in ff14 and it was two dps making GBS threads on one another in chat anytime the other dropped a combo or got clipped by an aoe

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Got DNC to 80!

I promptly fixed the male AF.

Its a pretty fun job! I've mained BRD since loving coil 1 days, and never could really get into MCH, so I was really hype for another ranged physical class. I'm not going to take it into progression raids as I'd be fighting against years of training at this point and I really still like BRD a lot, but its really good feeling job, the tons of procs really keep it from becoming boring. And now I know the pain of having to dance around mob aoe in order to do my own aoe...

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Maybe, but I could do without the seeming contractual obligation to use a 20-line macro to announce how gay you are upon joining any duty.

e: actually just delete macros from the game entirely, we'd be better off without them. RIP crafters though

Emalde fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 8, 2019

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Emalde posted:

Maybe, but I could do without the seeming contractual obligation to use a 20-line macro to announce how gay you are upon joining any duty.

All the one time you've seen this really.shook you to the core I can see.

I'm sorry the gays scared you like that.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Emalde posted:

e: actually just delete macros from the game entirely, we'd be better off without them. RIP crafters though

Macros are literally the only thing that make playing a DoH tolerable, you monster

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This is some Christorian level shitposting here

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

You're 100000 billion percent more likely to see a ascii buff moogle saying some poo poo like "Just like when I poop I'm expecting us to wipe" then you are to see even a simple im gay in chat.

Which is damning of the playerbase imo

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

macro crafting has never reached the lows we hit with raths rotation

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Vitamean posted:

macro crafting has never reached the lows we hit with raths rotation

I miss doing the same rotation for 3 entire years

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

I still really appreciate how there is no phasing or cross server nonsense. As I'm leveling I periodically recognize the names of other players I've seen before in town or other people at the same spot I'm at in MSQ. :3:

Question though, there's no way to expand the default draw range on char names right? I feel like in limsa with a million people around by the crystal a lot of names are getting cut off even close up sometimes. Guessing this is a console limitation?(Im on PC)

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Macros should always stay in the game because then what the hell would Macro Monday even be?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Solitair posted:

So I'm kind of getting sick of The Beast of Brewer's Beacon gathering dust in my quest log, and I wanna know, will any of the Fisher skills from Heavensward and onward help me land that Titanic Sawfish? Mooch II, maybe?

Just the entire stack of Mooch II + Patience II + hooking skills entirely trivializes it. From then on, it becomes a matter of watching for windows where it becomes possible to catch.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Slider posted:

I still really appreciate how there is no phasing or cross server nonsense.

Well...

DizzyBum posted:

Macros should always stay in the game because then what the hell would Macro Monday even be?

Now this is a goon with their head on straight.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

DizzyBum posted:

Mutual bonding over all things Large

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Emalde posted:

why

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Zenos occupies a useful role in the story because he has literally zero limits. Other antagonists are reasonably sane and have concrete goals and detailed plans for achieving them, and/or are fighting for someone or something they care deeply about. In other words, they're the sort of people who might see a typical Final Fantasy endgame, where you have to drop half a solar system on someone to stun them for a few seconds, and get scared and try to back out. Zenos, on the other hand, would just grin madly and reach for the nearest galaxy instead. He's the necessary element of chaos to keep this whole mad ride ramping up all the way to the end, and if that means he's a little flat as a character, then yeah, that's how it be. Someone who's willing to do that will be pretty warped and broken, because no healthy, balanced person actually wants to murder the universe they happen to live in in order to get a decent fight.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Emalde posted:

Mutual bonding over all things Large

As a Roegadyn player, I for one endorse this.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009
So should I pretend to not be straight to play this game? And here I was, just starting to like my cute cat girl 🐱

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Never gets old.

...I should copy this macro word-for-word for summoning Automaton Queen.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

O. Henry O-Face posted:

So should I pretend to not be straight to play this game? And here I was, just starting to like my cute cat girl 🐱

you don't have to be gay to play final fantasy 14..... but it helps

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

O. Henry O-Face posted:

I think you should be fine as long as you don't care if people are gay or trans, which is only really hard for the kind of people who would be a rear end in a top hat about other things anyways.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

DizzyBum posted:

Never gets old.

...I should copy this macro word-for-word for summoning Automaton Queen.

Maybe include "Do not fist android girls." at the end for the Yorha raids.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
So something just hit me.

If I'm reading The Dreamer and the Dream right, did they imply the reason that Ysayle thought she was Shiva reincarnated was because she had the Echo and kept getting Shiva's memories, especially her time with Hraesvelgr, and thought they were her past life memories? Especially given that reincarnation after an afterlife in the aetherial sea seems to be a common belief?

If so, that's really sad and really clever.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Krabboss posted:

I've made this point before, but if you do a technically correct lineup like MNK, NIN, DNC and RDM then I think it might be actually impossible to beat enrage in E2S (this is the savage fight I keep talking about because I just haven't done 3 or 4 yet). I mean, that's assuming it's week 1 and everybody is in i450 gear and that none of the people are super high percentile parsers. Towards the end of last week, I was starting to see a lot of clear parties excluding these jobs which don't easily do big damage. I dunno, to me it doesn't make a lot of sense that Summoner does significantly less damage than Black Mage. Resurrections are not super useful when your PF group cannot tolerate any dps loss from deaths anyway.

When it comes to things like the first week, I don't think this really matters because this is the kind of stuff that you should be prepared for when going for a week 1 clear anyway. I don't think this kind of stuff needs to be perfect for week 1, but I think this goes beyond that for sure. Even if ilvl rising make this less of an issue, it's still, in my opinion, blatant enough to feel bad!

They're always somewhat receptive to these issues, but actually doing something about it is difficult for sure. It will not ever stop me from complaining about it though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Extremely normal to do DDLG roleplays with ur fairy