Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

shortspecialbus posted:

Yeah. On the right side is a little box with a "T" and if you open that up, the spoiler tag should be near the bottom.

Prophetic, I'd say, because I have no idea what the red bandana would signify. Googling just brought up someone from the WTC attacks who apparently had a red bandanna while saving a lot of people.

Anyone know what this is about?

I'm pretty sure it's a "kids these days don't know the meaning of hard work" joke

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

With apologies to Kurt Vonnegut.

I am so, so sorry.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Arbetor posted:

I am so, so sorry.

So it goes (up their assholes).

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

plainswalker75 posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a "kids these days don't know the meaning of hard work" joke

Yeah, you carry a bandana to wipe the Sweat of Good Honest Work from your brow, you see.

Or you can fill in your own handkerchief code joke.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Star Wars goes to the gun store

The writer really likes voice-activated weapons

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Sec

Heart

HaJ

Docks

Zip

Rip

One of those days when you just can't find any unlikely facts.

Dick Jun 20-21, 1932

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Oh gently caress off, Ed. Dustin just got back home from a failed job interview and just wants to de-stress. The last thing he needs is to be reminded that he didn't land the job and have you judging him.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Nooooo don't backslide, Nancy, things were on the upswing after the "storyline" ended

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Why is bootsy-rear end ripoff Calvin wearing a Finnish flag shirt?

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

readingatwork posted:

Crabgrass

I love that last panel.

this owns, as much as I enjoy Crabgrass, I do miss seeing Jamal's mom and her storylines, hope Crabgrass has something similar

garfield's cute here, wish he could still be like that in modern

Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Dustin looks extremely dead inside and all his dad does is eyeroll over his worthless lazy son still not having a proper career.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Obviously it's Dustin's fault that the entry-level clerk job requires 3 years of experience.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
If I ever win the lottery I swear to God I’m going to buy the rights to Dustin and turn it into one long super progressive rant against boomers and capitalism.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This comic is a muddled mess and hurts my eyes.

F Minus

DUSH

Mary Worth

OK, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up (including my own), but I do want to point out there is a better than zero chance we are staring down the barrel of a MW immigration storyline.

The Phantom

Pretty badass strip.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Bryan is so in.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Does anyone pay sufficient attention to Tinkersons to tell me why the lady was fired in the first place?

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

shortspecialbus posted:

Prophetic, I'd say, because I have no idea what the red bandana would signify. Googling just brought up someone from the WTC attacks who apparently had a red bandanna while saving a lot of people.

Anyone know what this is about?

Red bandanas were associated with work clothing especially farming, ranching, and as a touch of home carried in a pocket by soldiers, so I'd guess it's the patriotism and hard work ethic thing. The timing of this one though is also just about a decade after a pretty famous (at the time) miners' uprising in which the miners who were trying to organize all wore red bandanas (and got shot for their trouble), so it could also be a callout to the Labor movement. This was the time when Hoover was leaving, FDR was coming in, and the New Deal was being developed.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

coronatae posted:

Does anyone pay sufficient attention to Tinkersons to tell me why the lady was fired in the first place?

IIRC she came in and put all kinds of moves on the men in the office. I don't pay close attention to Tinkersons but if I'm remembering it at all correctly, it was pretty cringeworthy.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Darthemed posted:

Rip

One of those days when you just can't find any unlikely facts.
... so what's the average? Is this, like, the most by one or two draws, or what? This number doesn't mean anything without knowing how other balls behave to compare! :argh:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (Jan. 14, 1998)

I'm assuming Janis has a salad or something off panel because what the gently caress

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Five'll get you ten Ed made Dustin interview for a job he knew he wasn't qualified for.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Hwurmp posted:

I'm assuming Janis has a salad or something off panel because what the gently caress
I think that would break the joke of Arlo tipping the delivery guy so well that he sticks around to do dining room service.
Sometimes a pizza's overloaded with toppings, and a fork does help.
:redandrover:

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I had an interview like that. Got there, went through the whole thing, and at the end got told that I didn't have enough prior experience? Like, you guys had my resume, I feel like I could have been told that before I went through all the trouble of preparing for the interview.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hit random on Jimmy Johnson's blog and landed on this, which is fun and I wanted to share:

JJ posted:

OK, I promised you more “wild art.” How’s this? I drew this to be the cover of my book. Beaucoup Arlo & Janis, but I chickened out. I didn’t want to have to listen to all the juvenile giggling and hooting which I knew would ensue (No, not you!) or to that annoying tut-tutting about children reading the comics. I told you: I chickened out. Instead, I went with a more staid version of a Rodin theme which I thought turned out well enough.

This is what he went with, on a book that currently goes for $100 used on Amazon.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
the bus 2

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

"I don't think the lisp's even real."/Linton's Famous Combo Move makes this like a top 5 Bad Machinery moment for me ("This is intense." "THO MANY KITHETH!" from a few days back is also in there. The wedding strips are all a REALLY solid run for the series, and it's not over yet.)

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Strontium posted:

Daddy Daze

I don't mind when the dad talks with the baby as a way of voicing out his own thoughts and worries, but strips like this are really annoying. At this point, the baby's just a fully sentient being and it might as well be two adults talking about random poo poo. And the punchlines aren't even that good.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Colm crashed this party with the plan of beating up Linton and somehow winning back Claire so him claiming he doesn't take pleasure from this is some hot bullshit.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Classic Cat

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I find the fact that Americans call wholemeal bread "wheat bread" extremely irritating.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tiggum posted:

I find the fact that Americans call wholemeal bread "wheat bread" extremely irritating.
... Oh, is that what it is. Around here that'd be called "whole wheat bread".

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It is called whole wheat, but a lot of people will shorten it to 'wheat'(especially in some contexts like asking what kind of bread you want, ex. 'white or wheat?'). I guess the extra word's too clunky.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

Classic Cat

Can't believe I've been doxxed by a cat.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I didn't weigh in on the Dilbert debate but I'm glad Manuel gets to keep posting they way she likes and also gently caress Scott Adams, now if I get my blood pressure risen by his horseshit, I have only myself to blame.

BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Curtis normally sucks, but I've been enjoying the Roger-Rabbit lunacy of these "Curtis walking corgis" strips.

Mutts

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I admit I'm extremely curious how a computerized blackjack works. Does it automatically calculate the best angle for hitting someone upside the head?

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Selachian posted:

I admit I'm extremely curious how a computerized blackjack works. Does it automatically calculate the best angle for hitting someone upside the head?

Rhymes with Orange

YESSSS actual live conch

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 4/9/53

Mark Trail 4/19-20/46

Mopsy 3/4/42

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Good to see that "supposedly beautiful women with a weird and kind of creepy face" is a true Mark Trail tradition.