Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I post them in the Good Thread but here’s a selection for Bad Thread.

I love the Pyroclast models, shame there's no real way to use them in 40k

Maybe the new books will give Salamanders an all-flamer unit so I could run them as a counts-as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Floppychop posted:

I love the Pyroclast models, shame there's no real way to use them in 40k

Maybe the new books will give Salamanders an all-flamer unit so I could run them as a counts-as.

Simply play them in Horus Heresy, a fun game. The fact that they’re one of the absolute best units in Zone Mortalis is not something you should mention to your friends until you’ve gotten them to paint models.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Simply play them in Horus Heresy, a fun game. The fact that they’re one of the absolute best units in Zone Mortalis is not something you should mention to your friends until you’ve gotten them to paint models.

You have no power over me.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

TTerrible posted:

You have no power over me.

ZM has been my favorite way to play a 40k based game for a year or two now and I think you’ll find that it’s pretty perfect. Have you ever tried playing it?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

ZM has been my favorite way to play a 40k based game for a year or two now and I think you’ll find that it’s pretty perfect. Have you ever tried playing it?

He needs to paint a model before he can play it.

Are we talking about schaden or tterrible?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Booley posted:

He needs to paint a model before he can play it.

Please don't doing this.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Janury buddy. :unsmith: :hf:

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Oh look my emperor's children circa MRightBeforeTheyGotBrutallyOwnedAgain. Nice to see you guys. :unsmith: I wish there was something functional like LensFX for Android.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Please don't doing this.

This is completely different, we tell TTerrible to paint his models from a place of love. He actually owns models and has some with some paint on them even.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Making fun of TTerrible is a proud 30k goon tradition. He's flown trans-Atlantic to Las Vegas twice only to dump 120 unassembled marines on a table.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Safety Factor posted:

Making fun of TTerrible is a proud 30k goon tradition. He's flown trans-Atlantic to Las Vegas twice only to dump 120 unassembled marines on a table.

That's... a choice.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's... a choice.

I really cannot overstate how much fun LVO is.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Ok let me clear up a few things.

The first time I flew with an entire ZM army unassembled in a KR case and spent 15mins assembling stuff on the first day and then gave up and drank for the rest of the event.

This year I flew over with that same ZM army 90% assembled but not painted AND 120 unassembled tactical marines. This means I have to buy Hixson a thunderhawk.

Next year I've said I'll have three ZM armies and an epic army. Two thunderhawks are riding on this one. Booley vs Olloth and TKWG vs Bulbasaur.

I have yet to play a game of 30k at LVO despite flying 20,000 miles to attend over the past two years. This is complicated but important 30k thread lore. Thankyou for attending my TED talk.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Thank you for your service.

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
I might have posted this already, but have another brown skinned marine. I based the tones on Terry Crews. I think the darker skin tones look great with white or cream armor.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang posted:

tterrible more like vterrible

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Skails posted:

I might have posted this already, but have another brown skinned marine. I based the tones on Terry Crews. I think the darker skin tones look great with white or cream armor.

I don't know about you but those Plague Marines sure could use some Old Spice Body Wash (TM)

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Skails posted:

Were you the one who was putting writing by all the bullet holes (presumably documenting where they happened) or was that another White Scars guy?

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a question: how out of place would regular marine heads and backpacks look on the bigmars?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Skails posted:

This looks cool man, well done

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Irate Tree posted:

I have a question: how out of place would regular marine heads and backpacks look on the bigmars?

Pretty sure the heads are no issue. The Lieutenant I linked earlier has a normal marine head.
No idea about backpacks though.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Understand when HH players say unpainted what they mean is only 4 stage highlights and only 20% covered in exquisite baroque freehand.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cooked Auto posted:

Pretty sure the heads are no issue. The Lieutenant I linked earlier has a normal marine head.
No idea about backpacks though.

That's half of the puzzle sorted for me, thanks duder! =)

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Irate Tree posted:

That's half of the puzzle sorted for me, thanks duder! =)

Heads, backpacks, and shoulder pads are all interchangeable. Connection points on backpacks vary slightly so might need some cutting but that's all. Even arms and stuff usually look fine too.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Understand when HH players say unpainted what they mean is only 4 stage highlights and only 20% covered in exquisite baroque freehand.

:yeah: the game is dead and stupid. Hobbying is the only thing left to gate keep

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

Haha, no, not in this case. We're talking unassembled, unprimed marines lovingly organized in their KR case and flown halfway around the world to be unceremoniously dumped onto a table at LVO.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Star Colonel Stanyer reporting into the bad thread with pictures of my marines from the good Warhammer game, you know, the one that requires assembly of their models:

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 9, 2019

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Nice mod[sass]els

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Heads, backpacks, and shoulder pads are all interchangeable. Connection points on backpacks vary slightly so might need some cutting but that's all. Even arms and stuff usually look fine too.

Fantastic! Thanks for the info! =D

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

Nice mod[sass]els

Thank you kind sir.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nice yellows dude

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Nice yellows dude

Thank you bb.

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space

Schadenboner posted:

Were you the one who was putting writing by all the bullet holes (presumably documenting where they happened) or was that another White Scars guy?

Yep, that an Excoriators thing.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Skails posted:

Yep, that an Excoriators thing.

Is that also part of your kill team? Man I am jealous - I love what you did with the base and the names.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Safety Factor posted:

Haha, no, not in this case. We're talking unassembled, unprimed marines lovingly organized in their KR case and flown halfway around the world to be unceremoniously dumped onto a table at LVO.

when you put it like that it sort of stuns me that this is something that actually happened and a bunch of people witnessed it, and then a thunderhawk was purchased, which in turn has now threatened multiple additional thunderhawk purchases.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheBigAristotle posted:

Nice mod[sass]els

I always support pretty models being displayed.

haakman
May 5, 2011
I've got a 2k doubles tourney tomorrow and wondered if I could tap you guys for advice.
My partner is playing DG (poxies and plague marines) and I am struggling to make my mind up what to play. I have two choices:

1 - Flawless Host
DP- talons, wings, elixir, Ultimate Confidence, warp time.
Sorcerer on bike - prescience, delightful agonies
Sorcerer jump pack - prescience, death bed
10 x termies with combiplasma chainaxe
40 cultists

or...
Syleske
Contorted epitome
Masque
75 daemonettes.

any tips?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

The first one because a sorcerer on a bike is :krad:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Endman posted:

The first one because a sorcerer on a bike is :krad:

Also terminators :black101:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Can I choose a Tech-priest enginseer from the admech book as an HQ choice in a IG detachment? This wouldn't interfere with the doctrine as techpriests are explicitly an exception to that but am I allowed to mix Imperium factions in a detachment?

My reading of the rulebook says that's fine since they're both "Imperium" but this thread on B&C says otherwise: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353012-engineseer-taken-as-guard-hq/

I can't find what they're talking about in the FAQ, am I missing it, was this a previous version that's no longer applicable, or are the people on B&C just dumb as poo poo?

edit: so is this battle brothers rule actually a thing or not? I don't see it in the current FAQs but I can't find any info on it going away or not.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Aug 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Battle brothers was last edition. You can take a tech priest in an IG force and he won't mess with your doctrines but he's an Elite choice. They're only HQ choices in Ad Mech detachments.

E: Imperium, Chaos and Aeldari aren't allowed to be used as your common keywords in a detachment since the first FAQ, you've gotta use something like Astra Militarum, Adeptus Astartes or Adeptus Mechanicus to be battle forged.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Aug 9, 2019