Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Whooooo, we got a real doozy in this week's SBCC!

https://twitter.com/sixbrownchicks/status/1159144870218518529?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

LadyPictureShow posted:

AITA for spending my Sons lottery winnings money?

big dissonance here between the title of the post and the content

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It's tough at the top.

https://twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1159144867982970880

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Q4 is pretty good too

https://twitter.com/sixbrownchicks/status/1159144867982970880?s=21

E: beaten to it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

motherfuckin big business telling the new guy to top off the ice dispenser

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

FAUXTON posted:

motherfuckin big business telling the new guy to top off the ice dispenser

Corner office just behind the fryer. Gordon Gecko motherfucker over here cryin 'Greese is Good!'

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just trying to figure out how his gf is riding on his success. Boasting to her friends that her burgers are always fresh cooked, even if they've got ones cooked fifteen minutes ago waiting? Unlimited viewings of Wendy's kickass training videos?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Chairman of the (scheduling) board here always brings home extra chili meat for the missus

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There may have never been a man who needed to hear the words “Sir, this is a Wendy’s” more than this guy

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lmao this nigga don't even own a franchise.. whew chile

Ask Yee from The Breakfast Club is good for poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCyl7yuMtA4

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

He probably gets free food. Which is a huge dating perk if you're poor.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for not scolding my sister for participating in a school-wide period protest?

This is hilarious.
"Hold it in."
Nice grasp on reality, old man.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

He probably gets free food. Which is a huge dating perk if you're poor.

It's a perk yeah but I been poor all my life and even the majority of the most rachet hood rear end girls I know aren't gonna be bragging about a Wendy's manager as if he was a lawyer. If he owned a franchise I can definitely see it, ran a gas station, or even was a head chef at the macaroni grill alright, but fast food manager??? Nah

She is probably proud of him moving up the chain, enjoys the food and "smothering" him cause likes him the other poo poo is just in his head

Oh God I got one more. They actually call the dude and he shoots her down reeeeal hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OujwNobQOvw

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 9, 2019

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

A wendy's is no loving taco bell either.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Bored posted:

This is hilarious.
"Hold it in."
Nice grasp on reality, old man.

having a period is like, having diarrhea,

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Maybe he's doing good by the standards of wild dogs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

goethe.cx posted:

having a period is like, having diarrhea,

Literally called menorrhea.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Megillah Gorilla posted:

does eating too much Taco Bell give girls menorrhea?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Megillah Gorilla posted:

why you gotta drag Judaism into this

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

goethe.cx posted:

When I eat Taco Bell it's definitely mejorrhea.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WIBTA if I stopped spending time with my friends?

quote:

Tldr: I’m the equivalent of the group punching bag and I’m just tired of it and don’t want to hang out with them anymore.

Maybe 6 months ago I realized my treatment within my friend group isn’t the most pleasant. My friend group consists of a lot of men ranging from 18-19yr. I’m the only female(19). It hasn’t really been a problem ever. But a while ago I realized that they all basically bully me, especially my bf. They constantly make jokes at my expense, and all hang up on me at times and think it’s hilarious.

This recently has been a big issue and I’ve been talking to my boyfriend about but he really won’t do anything. If anything he started getting it to happen more. At first he stopped but he just joins in again and adds onto the jokes. I hate them. One of the ongoing one is that when I’m high they’ll try to trick me into thinking I said the n word with hard r and at times it makes me want to cry. Recently one of those situations was that we were all in the room and I was helping one friend with something on my laptop and during another one of our friends is trying to get my attention and I didn’t notice until a few seconds later, but it was too late. They all started egging on me and saying I’m a horrible friend ignoring Danny after having not seen him in so long. I genuinely just wanted to cry. My bf joined in that one. Earlier he joined in on tricking me into thinking I said the n word again too.

I’m gullible and I have slip ups on my words all the time as I tend to visualize the words I say but if I’m thinking fast I only see the beginning of each word. For example I call people with the name Jaun Jaune sometimes as it’s literally one letter off and vis versa.

Idk how I got them into thinking I was ok with all of this, cause I’m not. And during each of these things I vividly remember asking them to stop and saying it’s not funny to all of their faces, but it never did. Especially my bf. One night after hanging out with them I just sobbed in the car and asked him why he wouldn’t stop. And I remember seeing his face as he remembered everything that happened and just how many times I asked him to stop during every single thing and all he could say to me was that he didn’t think I was serious. Even though I consistently asked him to stop. Told him I was serious. Told him I didn’t like what he was doing. And him and our friends just wouldn’t. I’m really tired of it. I feel like a joke to them all. I don’t want to hang out with them anymore. Would that be okay? We use to be a close group, but I just completely feel isolated by them all.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

sounds like her friends suck but lol

reminded me of this /r/confessions post

I keep having dreams where I call Obama the N-word and I want it to stop

quote:

This is a throwaway for obvious reasons.
Some background. Politically, I've been a Democrat my entire life and an Obama supporter for as long as I can remember. I volunteered for John Kerry's presidential campaign back in 2004 which is where first registered on my map. I watched his speech at the DNC was was instantly enamoured.
When he announced his candidacy for president in 2007, immediately threw my weight behind him. I knocked on doors, educated people about his policies and did the best I could to get people to vote for him. When he was elected, I was ecstatic. In the past, when I had supported candidates, it was out of cold reason; because I thought their policies and acumen would result in the best net result for this country. But this was a person I could get excited about, someone I could believe in.
When it came time for his campaign for a second term it was largely the same. I had slightly soured on him. Granted, he was not the president I had hoped he would be but that was not his fault. I had built him up to be so huge in my head it was impossible for him to live up to expectations. Republican gridlock in Congress also prevented him from getting through the policies he wanted. Nevertheless, I still supported him, still volunteered and was still happy when he won his second term.
The problem started about three weeks ago. I had a dream involving Barack, which is not uncommon for me, I was working with him and Michelle on their upcoming Netflix show. We were looking over demographics and how they related to various geographical locations. Without even realising it, I said "Yeah, N***er, we should do pretty well in (area near me)" He just looked at me and stormed out with Michelle behind him. I woke up and went into the bathroom to splash cold water in my face. I dismissed it. I don't have a racist bone in my body. This was just one of those dreams, right?
A week and a half ago, I had a similar experience. This time I dreamt we were going wine-tasting together. I don't remember the lead-up but I ended up saying something to the effect of "The sommelier said we should be detecting earthy tones in this wine, but it's just not registering with me, N***er" This time, instead of storming out he replied, very sternly "Why did you feel that was an appropriate thing to say?" I began to stutter and explain it was an accident but I had once again woken up.
The most recent incident was last night. I dreamt I was at a family barbecue with the Obamas, just his family and mine. He was manning the grill and i was speaking to Michelle while the children played with each other (I know Sasha and Malia are adults now but I still think of them as children) I said to Michelle very politely "excuse me for one moment" and marched right up to Barack and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around to look and me and I just said the word and nothing else. I can write off this happening once or twice in my dreams but three separate events is too much.
I don't know what to do. I don't want to do this. Every time it happens my work suffers the next day. I've started lying to my wife saying I've been having nightmares but I'm not sure she fully believes it. Lately, I've been worrying I might start saying it in my sleep and she could hear. I'm at my wits end and I want it to stop.

goethe.cx fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 9, 2019

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The bolded part made my loving eye twitch. Oh no, I pronounced it differently, so now it's a slur instead of a funny thing we say all the time!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

goethe.cx posted:

manorrhea and it's just for the fellas

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Mr. Lobe posted:

manorrhea and it's just for the fellas

dr peppers manvertising must stop

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

goethe.cx posted:

sounds like her friends suck but lol

reminded me of this /r/confessions post

Sounds like he may be a wereracist. Did he recently go backpacking through the backwoods of Alabama or Georgia? Or maybe a Walmart in Ohio? A lot of people get into scuffles with racist carriers and get incidental bites without realizing it until weeks later when they black out under a full moon and wake up in unfamiliar clothes at the aftermath of a Trump rally.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for not identifying myself as American?

quote:

I was born in America to German immigrants and lived there until I was 3 years old. I then moved to Ireland and have lived here the rest of my life. I consider myself Irish instead of American because I simply have no recollection of my time in America.

I was on discord chatting with some online friends when the question “What countries have you been to?” came up in conversation. My friend said he has been to a myriad of countries including America and I brought up that I was born in America. My other friend (American) asked why I have never brought that up. I told him that I don’t remember my time in America and don’t want to be associated with that country.

He called me an rear end in a top hat for disrespecting the country and should be proud to have come from “the greatest country in the world.” He left the call and it got really awkward after that.

So reddit, AITA?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

shut up...BIRD!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

DemoneeHo posted:

nationalism is a disease of the mind

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

DemoneeHo posted:

I've lived in this neon sewer all my life and I would never refer to myself as an American or US citizen when traveling to other countries outside of something official.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

DemoneeHo posted:

Ha, no of course not. You are a person with a functioning brain, it's like when Americans used to travel to Europe with Canadian flags on their backpacks to be treated well, it's common sense.

With lottery dad, I will never understand how someone can be part of a family, proclaim how much they love them, but then to immediately say, "No, it's my money".

He has a point with him working with it to make it happen, but he hid it all from his wife, which is suspect in itself.

Mr. Lobe posted:

nationalism is a disease of the mind

I wish more people felt this way, I really, really do.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

DemoneeHo posted:

:d2a:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Koalas March posted:

It's a perk yeah but I been poor all my life and even the majority of the most rachet hood rear end girls[...]

One of my corporate clients has a report they use called a Ratchet Report and when it came up the first time all my coworkers who dont speak English as a first language were just coming up to me like "hey is this rachet? Whats rachet" and I had to figure out what the hell was going on and how to be polite.

DemoneeHo posted:

I mean legally, hes an American and as thats the case while he has the right to be Irish as well and call his friend a braindead dumbfuck I demand he pay his taxes.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Baronjutter posted:

There's an objectively wrong and repeatedly disproven idea than the quality of one's education is entirely based on the exact number of hours spent in class and studying. Bathroom breaks cut into that precious time and "disrupt the class" for others. More than that though, a lot of folks see school as training for adulthood, which is training in being a good obedient and productive worker. You won't be getting bathroom breaks at your amazon warehouse job, so get used to it.

This is to prepare you for the objectively wrong but still perpetuated idea that the quality of one's work is entirely based on the number of hours spent in the office.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Barudak posted:

I mean legally, hes an American and as thats the case while he has the right to be Irish as well and call his friend a braindead dumbfuck I demand he pay his taxes.

unless he receives a paycheck from a US job, makes more than 100k USD worth of Euros per year, or owns property in America, he doesn't owe Uncle Sam poo poo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I find that really frustrating because "I got a new job and with the added stress I can't put as much energy into my relationship as I used to" is a good thing to ask for advice about. The guy needs to get his head out of his rear end about being a power player, but a first time manager's going to have some adjustment even for a Wendy's.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

unless he receives a paycheck from a US job, makes more than 100k USD worth of Euros per year, or owns property in America, he doesn't owe Uncle Sam poo poo

Even if he makes more than a 100k theres additional exemptions and rules that mean hed likely never owe anyway.

One of my coworkers husband is like 40, hasnt lived in America since he was born, and was terrified of visiting the country because he thought hed owe tons of back taxes until I basically sat him down and walked him through it. Now he can enjoy Hawaii stress free.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

goethe.cx posted:

This one is cracking me up at work

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

goethe.cx posted:

40I??? There’s no way this woman isn’t hugely obese

Still doesn't mean she has to wear a bra in her own home though.

I had the same reaction at first though.
Like, how does it even make a difference to this guy? (Natural) Boobs that big point down without a bra, so it's not like he could see much of the outline of her nipples through her baggy t-shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
The guy that laughed at his drunk wife showing her tits got called an rear end in a top hat by like 99% of the commenters, started arguing with them and got banned from the sub. After pointing out that his wife admitted it was funny after she sobered up and calmed down.

loving reddit man