Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

spit on my clit posted:

are there any nintendo switch controllers (that i can use with my PC) that don't suck eggs? i heard the dragon quest slime thing for the ps4 is somehow pleasant to use, but i dont know when the switch varient will be available to order

so tired of the loving pro controller with its poo poo d-pad and its poo poo bumpers

The controller shaped like a Slime? They have one of those for the Switch now, but it's JP only so enjoy importing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

8-Bitdo SN30 Pro works with Switch, PC, android and Mac.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

sigher posted:

The controller shaped like a Slime? They have one of those for the Switch now, but it's JP only so enjoy importing it.

i can wait a month or two if US preorders would open up in that timeframe.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

this cadence of hyrule demo is great

more games need demos. bring em back!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bulgakov posted:

this cadence of hyrule demo is great

more games need demos. bring em back!!!

The reduce sales of games and take up dev time so rip

Demos are now the previous installment on sale for 10 bucks

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

wtf

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

What does it gain from normal besides dying instantly from fighting moves

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

My Switch will only charge if I insert the cable a certain way round. If I flip it over it doesn't see the charger at all.

Anyone else ran into this?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

8-Bitdo SN30 Pro works with Switch, PC, android and Mac.

Be warned that the lag is still there, even after the latest firmware. It shows up when you have joycons AND the SN30 Pro sync'd to the Switch, and the lag is only with it, not the joycons.

Playing with it on its own on the Switch shows no lag.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ghost immunity & STAB on Extremespeed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Be warned that the lag is still there, even after the latest firmware. It shows up when you have joycons AND the SN30 Pro sync'd to the Switch, and the lag is only with it, not the joycons.

I Played last night with the Pro and two joycons in TV mode and didn't notice any lag. Are you sure that isn't the SN30 Pro+ ?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I Played last night with the Pro and two joycons in TV mode and didn't notice any lag. Are you sure that isn't the SN30 Pro+ ?

I have the Pro (non +, I don't have the grips, or that fancy app that changes everything for it), and I updated the firmware after going through a bit of a mix-up. Even the notes for the previous firmware update mention fixing lag. So I booted up the switch with the SN30 Pro. No problems, played Rocket League without issue. Added the two joycons for a second player and immediately noticed lag by about 0.5 - 1s. Switched to NES Online, same thing. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I showed my wife, got her to try, and she noticed it. Then I reordered the controllers, went back to just the SN30 Pro in NES Online, and it was back to being perfect.

It's like the signal for the SN30 Pro (and potentially other 8bitdo controllers) gets put to a secondary priority once the joycons show up (and I assume the Pro Controller as well?), but on its own it's just fine.

I've seen others who have the same problem, and I've also seen others, such as yourself, who say there are no problems.

So I have no clue what the gently caress. If this wasn't an issue, the controller would be literally perfect. I prefer it WAY more than two joycons put together, even for games that don't use the dpad much, like Minecraft.

EDIT: I should also say that this lag is apparent in both docked and undocked mode.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Zigzagoon line was always normal, so it doesn't gain anything from that. :v:

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

It helps, I’d recommend this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MYTSN18/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QtrtDbZ2PEAE0

There’s a dumb weird glitch with these adapters though. They keep the Switch pretty warm when they’re plugged in and when the Switch is in sleep mode. Unplug it when you’re not playing. It happens with every Ethernet adapter, including Nintendo’s official one.

Thanks for the heads up and recommendation. I just realized I have an Anker adapter laying around. I'll try that first tomorrow and if it doesn't work I'll grab the one you linked.

Bulgakov posted:

I enjoyed that little mario tennis network test that happened before the game released (even though the online was often garbage when I tried) but now with this full game is like nahhh

~story mode~ just ain’t doing it

I did like two levels of the story before I was over it. Played more online and it's pretty fun just not sure loving $40 fun. Def not $60 fun either!

I have the Pro (non +, I don't have the grips, or that fancy app that changes everything for it), and I updated the firmware after going through a bit of a mix-up. Even the notes for the previous firmware update mention fixing lag. So I booted up the switch with the SN30 Pro. No problems, played Rocket League without issue. Added the two joycons for a second player and immediately noticed lag by about 0.5 - 1s. Switched to NES Online, same thing. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I showed my wife, got her to try, and she noticed it. Then I reordered the controllers, went back to just the SN30 Pro in NES Online, and it was back to being perfect.

It's like the signal for the SN30 Pro (and potentially other 8bitdo controllers) gets put to a secondary priority once the joycons show up (and I assume the Pro Controller as well?), but on its own it's just fine.

I've seen others who have the same problem, and I've also seen others, such as yourself, who say there are no problems.

So I have no clue what the gently caress. If this wasn't an issue, the controller would be literally perfect. I prefer it WAY more than two joycons put together, even for games that don't use the dpad much, like Minecraft.

EDIT: I should also say that this lag is apparent in both docked and undocked mode.

That's a shame. I know everyone loves their bluetooth but I bought the usb version and it's incredible. No lag either and I use it on my PC now as well.

Social Animal fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Aug 9, 2019

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I've just bought the SF30 Pro and haven't noticed any lag. I ended up pairing it as controller 1 and my joycons as 2, but is it only when you use both at the same time?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Darth TNT posted:

Zigzagoon line was always normal, so it doesn't gain anything from that. :v:

It could've gone from Normal to pure Dark, like Kantonian to Alolan Meowth and Persian.

Now it's the same change as Rattata and Raticate. Which is fine though; Dark/Normal is a cool typing.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

I picked this up on a whim. I'm still plugging away at the first picross game on switch, but the rpg stuff in this game interested me.

The only other picross games I've played are (all) the Jupiter 3ds games, and picross 3d on 3ds. Having said that, this new game does not do a very good job of explaining its mechanics, but fortunately they're fairly easy to figure out.

You have to do a picross puzzle while fighting enemies. The enemy has an attack gauge that fills up, then they can attack (with a chance to miss). You can reduce their attack gauge by completing a row or column, this also attacks the enemy and reduces their hp. When you're fighting one enemy, the hp reduction from your attack isnt really important because they will have enough hp to survive until you complete the puzzle, so whatever. However, you can get attached by multiple enemies, so I imagine you can choose to focus one down if its especially dangerous or something.

When you're fighting multiple enemies, you need to watch their attack gauges and ideally attack the one whose gauge is fullest. Furthermore, if you get to the point where you can complete a row of column, it might behoove you to not fill in the final square until an enemy's attack gauge is almost full, that way you can prevent it from attacking.

So far enemies take 1/2 heart away when they hit. If you fill an incorrect square, they immediately attack then, too.

There are boss creatures that can do special moves that can undo some of your markings. You can also buy items to solve rows for you or restore health.

I dont know if this is similar to those pokemon picross games, but it's a new experience for me. Basically you're solving picross puzzles against the clock, which is not what I'm usually looking for in a picross game. Stil it's an interesting concept and I expect to finish it, unless it gets really tough. I'm about an hour into it and it says my progress is about 30%

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Heath posted:

Update: been playing Aggelos for ten minutes and it's perfect. Feels like a lost Wonder Boy game sprinkled with Zelda 2. Just wonderful.

Thanks for the Aggelos posts, that game looked interesting when it came out but it fell off my radar for some reason. I'll have to put it on my wishlist!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I picked this up on a whim. I'm still plugging away at the first picross game on switch, but the rpg stuff in this game interested me.

The only other picross games I've played are (all) the Jupiter 3ds games, and picross 3d on 3ds. Having said that, this new game does not do a very good job of explaining its mechanics, but fortunately they're fairly easy to figure out.

You have to do a picross puzzle while fighting enemies. The enemy has an attack gauge that fills up, then they can attack (with a chance to miss). You can reduce their attack gauge by completing a row or column, this also attacks the enemy and reduces their hp. When you're fighting one enemy, the hp reduction from your attack isnt really important because they will have enough hp to survive until you complete the puzzle, so whatever. However, you can get attached by multiple enemies, so I imagine you can choose to focus one down if its especially dangerous or something.

When you're fighting multiple enemies, you need to watch their attack gauges and ideally attack the one whose gauge is fullest. Furthermore, if you get to the point where you can complete a row of column, it might behoove you to not fill in the final square until an enemy's attack gauge is almost full, that way you can prevent it from attacking.

So far enemies take 1/2 heart away when they hit. If you fill an incorrect square, they immediately attack then, too.

There are boss creatures that can do special moves that can undo some of your markings. You can also buy items to solve rows for you or restore health.

I dont know if this is similar to those pokemon picross games, but it's a new experience for me. Basically you're solving picross puzzles against the clock, which is not what I'm usually looking for in a picross game. Stil it's an interesting concept and I expect to finish it, unless it gets really tough. I'm about an hour into it and it says my progress is about 30%

Thanks for the summary, this one's definitely on my radar. Does the game incorporate touch controls or is it strictly d-pad/controller based?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I didn't try touch controls, I'll check tonight.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I had crazy lag playing Golf Story in tabletop mode with the SF30 but not when docked. It’s weird that these controllers have that issue.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The USB ports on my dock won't charge any controllers. The controllers will charge when plugged into my PC, a wall outler, or directly into the Switch AC adaptor.

Has anyone had this problem and knows of a way to fix it or will I be doing a double repair order when I setup joycon repairs later today?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I didn't realize you could do endless auxiliary battles and stack bread. I've been making due with the measly church stipend every month

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Mario Maker 2 is fantastic. The sheer creativity of even the story mode levels are beyond what Nintendo has done in a 2D Mario game for a very long time.

That's before you even try some of the creator levels, some of the user-made ones are astounding.

I hope gets the same level of support / additions as they've given to Smash Bros.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MZ posted:

Mario Maker 2 is fantastic. The sheer creativity of even the story mode levels are beyond what Nintendo has done in a 2D Mario game for a very long time.

That's before you even try some of the creator levels, some of the user-made ones are astounding.

I hope gets the same level of support / additions as they've given to Smash Bros.

I'm really hoping for some amazing DLC/update news, like more game styles, maybe some more enemies, and perhaps a bookmarking/browsable site that's tied to your Nintendo account, so you can set up levels to download and stats to see when away from your Switch.

And level-chaining :ohdear:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The dark typing is a reference to the band KISS, which uses satanic imagery in their promotions and stage personas. The normal typing is a reference to their actual music, which loving sucks

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

The dark typing is a reference to the band KISS, which uses satanic imagery in their promotions and stage personas. The normal typing is a reference to their actual music, which loving sucks

KISS Disco is a good album I will fighting type you

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

less laughter posted:

Ghost immunity & STAB on Extremespeed.

Dark resists ghost though right? You’re trading resist >immunity for a super common 4x weakness.

I guess extremespeed bonus right

RandomFerret posted:

Ok I love this explanation

KISS stole the imagery from black metal then made it Budweiser rock so it’s perfect

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Wow holy poo poo Mario Maker peeps check out

C81-8H4-RGG

People are getting really creative with relays and inputs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

indigi posted:

I didn't realize you could do endless auxiliary battles and stack bread. I've been making due with the measly church stipend every month

Only on normal, hard has limited battles

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rolo posted:

Wow holy poo poo Mario Maker peeps check out

C81-8H4-RGG

People are getting really creative with relays and inputs.

Is there a YouTube of it?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

:siren: TUROK 2 COMES OUT TODAY :siren:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Does it comes with the N64 ram expansion or am I going to have to get that separately?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Is there a YouTube of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1YzOVEbguw

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Forktoss posted:

Thanks for the Aggelos posts, that game looked interesting when it came out but it fell off my radar for some reason. I'll have to put it on my wishlist!

If you've been waiting on it, it's on sale right now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Inzombiac posted:

:siren: TUROK 2 COMES OUT TODAY :siren:

They took our multiplayer for some reason when the Xbox port has it.:(

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Oh wow I just stumbled onto it randomly, glad to see its widely popular.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

SeANMcBAY posted:

They took our multiplayer for some reason when the Xbox port has it.:(

That's because there were technical complications porting it to the Switch with the existing netcode. No sense putting in a feature almost nobody could play.
We'll be continuing to update the Turok2 port on Switch, so nothing is final yet.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rocket Pan posted:

That's because there were technical complications porting it to the Switch with the existing netcode. No sense putting in a feature almost nobody could play.
We'll be continuing to update the Turok2 port on Switch, so nothing is final yet.

Ah. Well hopefully you guys can figure something out. I’m still buying it since the campaign is the main appeal for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Wow, RF4 special is overseas already? Hopefully it makes it over.