Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

cspam subtitle imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

A more politically mature & intelligent jihadist movement.

thread title

THS
Sep 15, 2017

agreed with title suggestion

THS
Sep 15, 2017

mods!!!!!

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Goon Danton posted:

My understanding was they felt any revolution that isn't global is doomed to failure, yeah. Not so much an admission that the anti-Bolsheviks were right so much as saying the Bolsheviks were right to try but ultimately didn't really win.

I would say the most the Bolsheviks could do is buy time until they were completely cornered by the US.

Also, Trots turning into neocons doesn’t seem that weird when you think of it as a logical idea extension of where their thought process.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Truga posted:

cspam subtitle imo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Plutonis posted:

A more politically mature & intelligent jihadist movement.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/1159121109612208128?s=20
https://twitter.com/ajaltamimi/status/1159241598481444864?s=20

lister claims al qaeda affiliate in syria wants to kill him, supporters of that group disagree

also today, fighting kicked off in aden in southern yemen
https://twitter.com/samwrax/status/1159513555214974981?s=20
https://twitter.com/Alsakaniali/status/1159468358980517894?s=20

everything the gulf monarchies touch is destroyed

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

UAE can’t even manage to withdraw without getting their own allies killed.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/mightbecursed/status/1159773163510620160?s=19

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

drat boy

https://twitter.com/FrudBezhan/status/1159744968715571200

https://twitter.com/bbclysedoucet/status/1159478863229046784

peace with honor level poo poo :smug: taliban will be back in charge in no time and america will have racked up another L

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 15:43 on Aug 9, 2019

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
so everythings going great is what im picking up here

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

drat boy

https://twitter.com/FrudBezhan/status/1159744968715571200

https://twitter.com/bbclysedoucet/status/1159478863229046784

peace with honor level poo poo :smug: taliban will be back in charge in no time and america will have racked up another L

congrats afghans successfully defeated the british empire, ussr and the united states.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao two decades to get the talibans to pinky promise that they won't help Iran when the USA invades them

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lol America

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Haven't you heard? Trump could kill the entire population of Afghanistan if he wanted to.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

We didn't lose! We never lose! You'd be speaking Afghanistanian right now if it weren't for us! :byodood:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

congrats afghans successfully defeated the british empire, ussr and the united states.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/wlfew4/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-the-unwinnable-war-in-afghanistan

WOOOO HIGH SCORE BABY

your turn china

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
taking all bets on the reconquest of afghanistan by the taliban. over/under is set at the length of time it took the NVA to conquer south vietnam after the paris peace accords

quote:

From and including: Saturday, January 27, 1973
To and including: Wednesday, April 30, 1975

Result: 824 days
It is 824 days from the start date to the end date, end date included.

Or 2 years, 3 months, 4 days including the end date.

Or 27 months, 4 days including the end date.

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 18:24 on Aug 9, 2019

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

This will suck a lot for the non-Pashtun communities considering they backed the Karzai government.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What would you say the effects of these recent developments in Afghanistan will be on the struggle for robot rights?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

taking all bets on the reconquest of afghanistan by the taliban. over/under is set at the length of time it took the NVA to conquer south vietnam after the paris peace accords

Under.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Plutonis posted:

This will suck a lot for the non-Pashtun communities considering they backed the Karzai government.

Afghanistan is prefectly safe for Hazara, or so says the UNHCR creeps who are handling my in-laws

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Raskolnikov38 posted:

If we're no longer providing air support to the Afghan Army I'll bet under.

About 18 months.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

3-0 vs the entire suite of 20th/21st century empires lmfao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol that bolton thinks the US could win a war in iran

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

lol that bolton thinks the US could win a war in iran

The US has not tried to win a total war in a long time. The US could absolutely kill a bunch of randos while making defense contractor profits go up.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Definitely under

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Eh, the Taliban never controlled the entire country even before we invaded. Likely they will make big gains but Afganistan is always going to be a fractured war torn tribal hellhole

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

Eh, the Taliban never controlled the entire country even before we invaded. Likely they will make big gains but Afganistan is always going to be a fractured war torn tribal hellhole

Yeah the Northern Alliance dudes actually started rearming the last few years and will definitely keep controlling the Tajiki border.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The US has done so much to destroy Afghanistan, I hope their occupation finally is ending

Plutonis posted:

lmao two decades to get the talibans to pinky promise that they won't help Iran when the USA invades them

We're going to find out that Bolton wanted to make peace with the Taliban right after he learned about their killing of Shia minorities in the country

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Plutonis posted:

Yeah the Northern Alliance dudes actually started rearming the last few years and will definitely keep controlling the Tajiki border.

do they want a rump state? absorption into tajikistan/uzbekistan? i actually don't know if these are anti-taliban or anti-pashtun groups

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

i say swears online posted:

do they want a rump state? absorption into tajikistan/uzbekistan? i actually don't know if these are anti-taliban or anti-pashtun groups

They want to gently caress kids. Like, the Taliban literally rose to power because the warlords of the Northern Alliance were loving too many kids. They need to stay independent, or the Taliban will literally stick their heads on pikes.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Atrocious Joe posted:

The US has done so much to destroy Afghanistan, I hope their occupation finally is ending

We're going to find out that Bolton wanted to make peace with the Taliban right after he learned about their killing of Shia minorities in the country

bolton would never trade a precious war for mere genocide

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

They want to gently caress kids. Like, the Taliban literally rose to power because the warlords of the Northern Alliance were loving too many kids. They need to stay independent, or the Taliban will literally stick their heads on pikes.

i thought the northern alliance was majority non-pashtun / that the pedo stuff was an inter pashtun conflict between the taliban and weirdo hicks in the south

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

i say swears online posted:

i thought the northern alliance was majority non-pashtun / that the pedo stuff was an inter pashtun conflict between the taliban and weirdo hicks in the south

The northern Tajiks do it too, and you get a lot of news articles coming up when you google 'Northern Alliance bacha bazi'.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Darth Walrus posted:

quote:

12 Strong (also known as 12 Strong: The Declassified True Story of the Horse Soldiers) is a 2018 American action war drama film directed by Nicolai Fuglsig and written by Ted Tally and Peter Craig. The film is based on Doug Stanton's non-fiction book Horse Soldiers, which tells the story of U.S. Army Special Forces sent to Afghanistan immediately after the September 11 attacks. The film stars Chris Hemsworth, Michael Shannon, Michael Peña, Navid Negahban, Trevante Rhodes, Geoff Stults, Thad Luckinbill, William Fichtner, and Rob Riggle.

Mitch Nelson, a US Army Captain with Green Berets Operational Detachment Alpha (ODA) 595, is moving into a new home with his wife and daughter on September 11, 2001, after receiving an assignment to staff duty under LTCol. Bowers. As news of the devastating terrorist attacks that day break, Nelson volunteers to lead 595 into Afghanistan. Bowers initially refuses, but veteran soldier CW5 Hal Spencer, previously scheduled to retire, persuades Bowers to give Nelson command of 595 again, as well as volunteering himself for the deployment. After leaving their families, 595 travels to Uzbekistan on October 7, 2001. After being briefed and evaluated by COL Mulholland, Commander of 5th Special Forces Group, Nelson and 595 are picked to fight alongside Northern Alliance leader Abdul Rashid Dostum.

weird how this wasn't mentioned in the movie!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

9/11 was actually done by the deep state epstein-comet ping pong illuminati to justify the invasion of afghanistan to save their afghani pederast allies from the taliban

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

lot of cultural imperialists itt denigrating the cherished Hellenistic heritage of ancient Bactria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

gradenko_2000 posted:

weird how this wasn't mentioned in the movie!

Thad Luckinbell.