Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh poo poo Silver Surfer

https://twitter.com/marvel_ffightus/status/1154949530304909312?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

The Dave posted:

Oh poo poo Silver Surfer

Oh man. They gotta do T3 for him, especially if they are using Galactus as the threat for this FF patch instead of Doom. Though I wouldn't put it past this game to add Galactus himself as a playable.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Galactus as a playable character seems silly. Even as a World Boss he'd seem way too much. Maybe as a new World Boss Raid character? I dunno.

But I don't care as long as we get Silver Surfer.

I wonder what he'll cost. He seems big enough to be an Epic Quest prize or Magneto/Psylocke/Sue cost.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He really seems perfect for World Boss Raid and that mode desperately needs some juice.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still have never actually completed a Raid. Every time I try I can't even connect.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

He'd work as a world boss with stages like beating his equipment first then ending at his head, or a legendary battle if they do one without a movie basis. What would be silly is beating him with street class heroes but none of them are near the meta game power level at the moment unless I forgot someone. Raid and coop invasion are perfect though since he does demand multiple opponents.

Think they will add more heralds? Without googling it I vaguely remember rock guy and fire woman, and I think more recently cosmic ghost rider Frank Castle who could be a meta tier power up for punisher if they get crazy with costume ability changes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bagrada posted:

Think they will add more heralds? Without googling it I vaguely remember rock guy and fire woman, and I think more recently cosmic ghost rider Frank Castle who could be a meta tier power up for punisher if they get crazy with costume ability changes.

Finally, a away to add Aunt May to the game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm imagining an Epic Quest with other FF characters. So like the Silver Surfer arrives to earth and finds Reed Richards at Future Foundation. He tells him Galactus is coming and they have to build the Ultimate Nullifier to stop him. But they have to find the parts. One part is in Atlantis where they encounter Namor. Maybe they have to get some power source from the Negative Zone and encounter Annihilus. I don't know. I can't actually think of the usual 5-6 new characters needed for an Epic Quest connected to the FF. Maybe Franklin and Valeria? I dunno. Maybe they just double up on characters like Crystal, She Hulk, Luke Cage, Spidey again with costumes like they did with the first FF mission. Maybe something a little off beat the usual FF ones like going to space and encountering someone like Quasar or Nova. Of course I also haven't read comics in forever.

I dunno. Just spitballing. I love a new Epic Quest and Silver Surfer/Galactus seem like they demand something bigger than just a random update and pay character.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Finally, a away to add Aunt May to the game.

I totally owned that What If?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 27, 2019

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Heralds: Terrax, Nova (Frankie Raye), AirWalker, Redshift, Stardust, Firelord, not a lot else super compelling.

Terrax, Namor, Super-Skrull, Kang?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

They should add some "What If?" scenatios from the comics.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

When is this update scheduled? Trying to see if I need to save my bio selectors for something or not.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think its usually Tuesday/Wednesday. All we've got were 2 sneak peaks so it could be a week away.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Looking around I saw a spoiler image that says it is supposed to drop on 8/7. And should include the new hero Wave as well as Namor and Surfer.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah some turkish site said its the 7th

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Doctor Goons has a couple of spots open if anyone is looking for an alliance or just wants to spam the alliance chat with naughty words.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

bobmcdynamite posted:

Doctor Goons has a couple of spots open if anyone is looking for an alliance or just wants to spam the alliance chat with naughty words.

Applied as AgtTac.

Just started playing last week and it’s pretty amazing how much this game gives you upfront. I’m enjoying it a lot so far.

EDIT: Thanks for the add!

Mumbling fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 31, 2019

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
It definitely does but slows down big time when getting characters to level 70, Tier 3, and upgrading to uniforms. Feel free to use the support option in the alliance tab every day for any items you need.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Applied to Marvel Hebrons as kujojosuke. Cant believe in sucked back in after not playing for like 3 years.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

RubberLuffy posted:

Applied to Marvel Hebrons as kujojosuke. Cant believe in sucked back in after not playing for like 3 years.

youre in!

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

bobmcdynamite posted:

applied as CtrlAltDelita - coming back after a while off

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

TheTofuShop posted:

applied as CtrlAltDelita - coming back after a while off

Got it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Sup?

https://twitter.com/marvel_ffightus/status/1158211019707056131?s=21

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
So Wave costs crystals through Heroic Quest, Namor is paywalled through x-genes, and Silver Surfer is T2 and you can only get 5 of his bios a week. Plus, 4 unis.

Expensive update.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Someone made a list of the Heroic Quest things you have to do if buy Wave's right after the update.

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/cmt8wn/wave_heroic_quest_before_update/?st=jz05ewnp&sh=7294ca38

So everything besides Daily Missions and Special Missions are safe to do. I don't know if there's going to be any Event Quests after the update though.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

bobmcdynamite posted:

So Wave costs crystals through Heroic Quest, Namor is paywalled through x-genes, and Silver Surfer is T2 and you can only get 5 of his bios a week. Plus, 4 unis.

Expensive update.

We'll find out Saturday for sure but it looks like you can get up to 10 surfer bios each saturday. Depends on your luck getting multiples (Galactus drops "at least" 1) and how many chars you can beat Galactus with. A lot of people will be queuing with terrible characters hoping to be carried I bet if that's a thing. I haven't done GBR since the first week since it crashed so much and my chars sucked at the time.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Oh, christ, you HAVE to do GBRs to get Surfer? I still don't get how those work at all and I always ignore them. But now I can't.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

When does alliance conquest end? There's just too much friggin stuff to do every day and I find I'm not enjoying it much. I'm gonna delete the app but don't want to take up room in Doctor Goons. BigButtsONLY

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm a little bit burned out on it the last few weeks but like I've been able to manage it by just not doing some stuff. Outside of the Timeline and the Challenges its not like you really get penalized by not doing everything every day. You just collect stuff slower. So like I've been not finishing Shadowland or not doing the Cinematic stuff and not bothering with ABX when I don't feel like it. And I haven't played on Alliance Conquest for months. One day I even just never got around to doing all the auto-clear/run stuff and didn't finish all my Co-Op missions. But like... big deal, right? Keeps the burnout from setting in.

So I'll give Giant Boss Raid a chance this week to get Surfer, but Shadowland is probably taking the loss for that. I just started this week today and got up to 15 and stopped. Maybe I'll go to 30 tonight/tomorrow. If I don't, ah well.

I just had to get myself over that hump thinking I HAD to do everything and remembering its just a game and I should put it down if I'm not having fun.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

STAC Goat posted:

I just had to get myself over that hump thinking I HAD to do everything and remembering its just a game and I should put it down if I'm not having fun.

I agree, but the fun comes from power progression, and if you don't do everything every day, you are slowing it down, meaning you are allowing more time to pass before that feeling of fun comes in again.

It's something where if you're into it, I 100% get it, it works for you, cool. It just isn't for me. I don't want to spend more than a few days grinding, unless that grinding is inherently enjoyable.

For instance, I loved Marvel Heroes and its insane grinds because that game was just fun to play.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Did the update change the way ISO-8 upgrade screen? Or did something change because I had to delete and reinstall?

EDIT: it's because I reinstalled, I didn't see the "quick upgrade" checkbox

The Diddler fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 7, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Are any of the new FF uniforms 'oh my god if you have the character buy them now' level? I can buy two right now and if left to my own devices I will get Thing and Sue's. Ben especially is great with one of his skills calling in the rest of the FF to attack.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Are any of the new FF uniforms 'oh my god if you have the character buy them now' level? I can buy two right now and if left to my own devices I will get Thing and Sue's. Ben especially is great with one of his skills calling in the rest of the FF to attack.

reeds adds 35% all attack and damage accumulation and, according to reddit, iframes on his basic attacks so when you get guard broken you pop an iframe automatically

but you lose the beard

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I haven't fielded them much yet, but I bought Thing and Reed.

The animations are more fun since it's a lot of FF teamwork, but Ben's 5 feels really slow, and I kinda miss the quick stompy damage. Maybe I just need to get the timing down, but I just tried Ben in WBU against Proxima and firing his 5 did nothing a couple times.

Just tried Reed as well, who usually stomps easy and quickly. Is it possible that these new uniforms make them LESS effective? Again, new timing, new problems, maybe. But it's a little disappointing so far.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

drat it! I can not get my Falcon past 5!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Hey y'all trying to get back into this thing. I applied to the worst alliance as paymentplan. Trying to get back up to speed with the various missions and whatnot. Thanks!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It was incredibly dumb to not have the Galactus event when the update went live. I'm already losing interest in the idea.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Longtime player looking to come back after a looooong break, name is Grummun.

Any alliances have open spots? I came back for the surfer and everything has changed and there's so much new poo poo I'm overwhelmed tia

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

They also gave me 300 selectors and I have no idea who to use it on. I know it's hard to pinpoint where I left off but it was like... maybe a year or more, so there are a lot of new free guys.

Can someone give me maybe like the top 3? or even just ONE, I just want to know who to slam these 300 into before they expire in 6d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

They also gave me 300 selectors and I have no idea who to use it on. I know it's hard to pinpoint where I left off but it was like... maybe a year or more, so there are a lot of new free guys.

Can someone give me maybe like the top 3? or even just ONE, I just want to know who to slam these 300 into before they expire in 6d

Luna Snow, Iron Hammer, and Minn-erva may be the best bet for selectors.

Don't use selectors on them but Winter Soldier and Captain America are great now with uniforms from Infinity War or Endgame. Hawkeye, Black Widow, Miles Morales and Spiderman 2099 all have costumes that make them pretty good as well.

A lot of the other amazing new guys are either mutants or are mutants and purchased directly like Psylocke, Iceman, Sabertooth and Emma Frost.

Jean, Captain Marvel and Deadpool are probably the top three in the meta usable in every game mode, at T2/T3 and with their uniforms, but those will take you a while. If you don't have Captain Marvel at T2 because she sucked until her movie came out, then she is definitely worthwhile now if you can get her movie or Endgame costume since she is relatively easy to gear up.