Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Reading further into walmarts brave decision to curb mass shootings, they will still sell violent video games, just not have displays or demos up. Friends, i am inspired. I think we've cracked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

quote:

OSSINING, N.Y. — For nearly two decades, the Trump Organization has relied on a roving crew of Latin American employees to build fountains and waterfalls, sidewalks and rock walls at the company’s winery and its golf courses from New York to Florida.

Other employees at Trump clubs were so impressed by the laborers — who did strenuous work with heavy stone — that they nicknamed them “Los Picapiedras,” Spanish for “the Flintstones.”

For years, their ranks have included workers who entered the United States illegally, according to two former members of the crew. Another employee, still with the company, said that remains true today.

President Trump “doesn’t want undocumented people in the country,” said one worker, Jorge Castro, a 55-year-old immigrant from Ecuador without legal status who left the company in April after nine years. “But at his properties, he still has them.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...e4d8_story.html

Quick show of hands, who here is surprised?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
More info on that rear end in a top hat who threatened that immigrant center

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/armed-trump-supporter-detained-released-el-paso-immigrant-center-n1040626

quote:

An armed Trump supporter was detained and released by police Wednesday outside a community space for immigrants in El Paso, Texas, days after a mass shooting that killed 22 people at a Walmart in the border town.

Witnesses said they called police after Thomas Bartram, 21, made threatening comments to people and brandished a knife while sitting in his truck outside the community center Casa Carmelita. His truck was emblazoned with pro-Trump banners and bumper stickers promoting InfoWars, a far-right conspiracy website and radio show.

As it reads, at least in my jurisdiction, he'd be arrested for Menacing and Harassment.

Looks like even in Texas it'd be Harassment:

quote:

According to Texas Penal Code Section 42.07, a person committing harassmentmust have an intent to “harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment or embarrass” another person.
AND, "assault by threat:

quote:

A person commits Assault by Threat if he or she intentionally or knowingly threatens another person with imminent bodily injury. In this context, the term “bodily injury” means anything that causes pain, even if it does not leave a mark.[1] The threat can be verbal or non-verbal.[2]  The base level offense for Assault by Threat is a class C misdemeanor, the lowest level of criminal offense in Texas

Hopefully El Paso PD detectives are just taking statements and getting video footage so they can arrest this piece of poo poo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BigDave posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...e4d8_story.html

Quick show of hands, who here is surprised?

Well that’s just sound business practice and everyone else is doing it so why shouldn’t he? Remember it’s only illegal if you get caught and he’s the president!

lol I feel gross for for typing that out

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Queue: Everyone else would do it so why shouldnt he too?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Lol I knew before I even clicked the link

You can't even parody this poo poo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

Seems to me like this guy deserves a lot closer scrutiny by the police and FBI.

Unfortunately (since they can't arrest him), as it reads, he didn't commit any crime. So loving creepy that he was wearing gloves, though. What the gently caress?

A Tactical Mastermind: I will drive my easily identifiable and extremely distinctive vehicle to the scene where I intend to harass and intimidate people, maybe even getting my Active Shooter on. However, I will confound the authorities by wearing gloves, therefore not leaving fingerprints at the scene while I make my getaway!

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

pantslesswithwolves posted:

A Tactical Mastermind: I will drive my easily identifiable and extremely distinctive vehicle to the scene where I intend to harass and intimidate people, maybe even getting my Active Shooter on. However, I will confound the authorities by wearing gloves, therefore not leaving fingerprints at the scene while I make my getaway!

He was eating a cactus that’s why he had the gloves

Or some other dumb poo poo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

same but if you're used to the slower pace of more modern non-DOOM shooters you're gonna have a bad time

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

same but if you're used to the slower pace of more modern non-DOOM shooters you're gonna have a bad time

doomguy runs about 60mph so good luck

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

No Russian.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

doomguy runs about 60mph so good luck

turns out doomguy also doesn't slow down after getting shot also

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

That’s an easy fix. Ever heard of PCP? Or Krokodil or whatever it is that makes you eat faces?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
gently caress been a while since someone was shot 300 times whilst on PCP

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

colachute posted:

That’s an easy fix. Ever heard of PCP? Or Krokodil or whatever it is that makes you eat faces?

But if you're high AF you might miss the Nazi's and hit actual people :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

turns out doomguy also doesn't slow down after getting shot also

um body armor protects you from bullets duh

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's almost as much of the Arctic on fire as there is ice remaining right now. And there's a huge heatwave headed there for next week, as bad or worse as the one from last week.

Totally cool and good.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

um body armor protects you from bullets duh

I mean maybe the first couple

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

I mean maybe the first couple

Na man i bought dragonscale im good with that level 4a+ poo poo

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Wasn't Dragonscale the one that was a complete scam or am I confusing my grift?

We had a guy get popped in 05 three or four times in the chest and the IBA ESAPI plate blocked them all. The plate (or rather what was left of it) was put in the 3d ACR museum.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah from testing kt was complete bullshit. Stood up to level 2 rounds when it was suppossed to be better then sapi or esapi plates whatever was the big deal at the time. (I was never in i dont know what you guys had available)

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Hey remember that time the the US government sent us to war so poorly equipped that this very forum had to crowdfund body armor for them? Good times.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Yeah but we still won that war in like two weeks remember?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

We had a guy get popped in 05 three or four times in the chest and the IBA ESAPI plate blocked them all. The plate (or rather what was left of it) was put in the 3d ACR museum.

i got to see a lot of aftereffects of SAPI armor being shot when working the ER at the Speicher CSH

poo poo was crazy

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I still have my IBA + plates because it fell off the books when I was leaving and I can't be bothered to deal with it, so it's sitting in my trunk of Army bullshit.

Second set of plates though because I fell real bad once and my mags on my chest broke the plate.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Vasudus posted:

I still have my IBA + plates because it fell off the books when I was leaving and I can't be bothered to deal with it, so it's sitting in my trunk of Army bullshit.

Second set of plates though because I fell real bad once and my mags on my chest broke the plate.

The pog-est broken plate story ever.

We had a guy who went outside the wire without a back plate for several months because his kit was in the truck and people started dropping boxes of ammo on it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

What would you say the prospects of a company that sells laser cut foam in the shape of Iraq are? Next time your CHUD relatives start talking matter of factly about some poo poo they know nothing about you can literally rub their face in Iraq.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Stravag posted:

Yeah from testing kt was complete bullshit. Stood up to level 2 rounds when it was suppossed to be better then sapi or esapi plates whatever was the big deal at the time. (I was never in i dont know what you guys had available)

I remember reading about those tests. It was supposed to be the greatest thing in the world, and why aren't are troops wearing this right now??!! And then in testing the adhesive turned to goo at 120* and all the little plates sloughed down and left the test dummies exposed

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It gets better. I broke my plate because I thought I was in a movie and jumping from rooftop to rooftop should be easy to do. Especially in full kit, after all it's only like five feet away and I'm fit and young so it should be super easy!

Spoilers: it's not

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Vasudus posted:

It gets better. I broke my plate because I thought I was in a movie and jumping from rooftop to rooftop should be easy to do. Especially in full kit, after all it's only like five feet away and I'm fit and young so it should be super easy!

Spoilers: it's not

Growing up means realizing you're not Trinity or the Agent. You're the fat cop who doesn't make the jump.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/JohnDoe78359022...ingawful.com%2F

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Arc Light posted:

Growing up means realizing you're not Trinity or the Agent. You're the fat cop who doesn't make the jump.

I was 20. The only thing I learned from that event was that cracked ribs hurt a lot. And to never tell people you have cracked ribs.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Arc Light posted:

Don’t be rude. I’m not fat. If anything, I’m like Spider-Man.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Vasudus posted:

I was 20. The only thing I learned from that event was that cracked ribs hurt a lot. And to never tell people you have cracked ribs.

I fell getting into the tub, and hit the edge ribs first. I cracked one- not bad, but incredibly painful. I feel you.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i worked at a cumberland farms and 2 tweekers tried to rob the joint with a tire iro

i chased them out with a bat and went over the hood of a pontiac sunfire when their getaway tried to run me down. broke 4 ribs

poo poo fuckin SUCKS

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’ve broken every finger except my thumbs (football). I have had bruised and had a small hairline in one from an IED launching me around the gunner hatch.

I’d rather break all of my fingers again.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
whenever i'm at work and something hurts and i have to either stand up, sit down, walk around, or awkwardly stretch and people ask me if i'm ok i just say 'war stuff' and nobody questions it

i mean i technically did get the injury in iraq so it's not like i'm wrong

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

British nobility is the least surprising group of people caught up in this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i broke my thumbs when the dude i was carrying 2" black steel pipe in 21 ft lengths dropped his end

two of them scissored my thumbs and broke em