Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I still have my IBA + plates because it fell off the books when I was leaving and I can't be bothered to deal with it, so it's sitting in my trunk of Army bullshit.

Second set of plates though because I fell real bad once and my mags on my chest broke the plate.

I still have all of my TA-50 including my ACH. I somehow avoided clearing CIF while transitioning to the IRR. I still use the sleep system for camping and the cold weather stuff (especially the intermediate layers) in the winter.

Also the leather work gloves. Those things are indestructible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Can’t wait for psydude to be on the doorstep of retirement when he’s 103 years old only to find out his retirement savings are getting garnished because he owes $8000 in TA50.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My "war stuff" was getting food poisoning from the Subway.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

colachute posted:

Can’t wait for psydude to be on the doorstep of retirement when he’s 103 years old only to find out his retirement savings are getting garnished because he owes $8000 in TA50.

$8000 of TA-50 that was only worth $80 when I ETSed, but they're charging me for the original purchase price because Army.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

psydude posted:

$8000 of TA-50 that was only worth $80 when I ETSed.

Make sure you keep track of the 9-volt battery that CIF wanted to charge me like $45 for.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

colachute posted:

Make sure you keep track of the 9-volt battery that CIF wanted to charge me like $45 for.

What about the 15 year old Dell Dimension desktop that you signed that they want $1500 to replace. Along with another $80 for the moondust inside that went missing with it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Casimir Radon posted:

My "war stuff" was getting food poisoning from the Subway.

I got a hemmroid rushing a poop that was making me late to march off.

It’s in my medical records thankfully.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I had a CAF issued pack stolen out of my car on the way to parade one night, fuckers also stole my school laptop and change (what is it with junkies and change in people's cars?)
Filled out the lost kit report "in the line of duty" and got the police report.

Fast forward 4 years as I'm GTFO of the army and they try and pull "oh you owe us 2000 bucks for the missing kit" as they had miraculously misplaced my lost kit report and police report. By some freak happenstance I had a copy of both of them signed by the QM and was able to slap it on his desk. He was not pleased but since his name was on it, couldn't do anything about it.

This was also the same unit that tried to give me a less-than-honorable discharge because they said I wasn't replying to emails about my release. I found out they were sending Protected A information to a completely random hotmail account and holy poo poo I absolutely blew my top on them.

1) Less than honorable completely fucks with any government service jobs in the future. I was 24 when this was going down and wanted to go into government work.
2) A whole bunch of personal information went to some random fucker's email address.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

An antifa super soldier...

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

gently caress there isnt even anything left to say at this point

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

quote:

The attorney for a 39-year-old man charged with assaulting a child who didn't take his hat off for the national anthem says his client, compromised by a traumatic brain injury, believes he was acting on an order from President Donald Trump.

Superior resident Curt Brockway was charged Monday with felony assault on a minor. His defense attorney, Lance Jasper, told the Missoulian Wednesday the president's "rhetoric" contributed to the U.S. Army veteran's disposition when he choke-slammed a 13-year-old, fracturing his skull, at the Mineral County fairgrounds on Aug. 3.

"His commander in chief is telling people that if they kneel, they should be fired, or if they burn a flag, they should be punished," Jasper said. "He certainly didn't understand it was a crime."

A request to the White House for comment was not returned. Mineral County Attorney Ellen Donohue's office said she was unavailable for comment Wednesday afternoon.

Jasper said he's gotten a handful of hateful voicemails at his office since taking Brockway's case, but that Brockway's family has received "hundreds" of death threats in the days since the 13-year-old boy was flown to Spokane by emergency flight for treatment.

https://missoulian.com/news/local/superior-man-believed-he-was-acting-on-trump-s-orders/article_4842efed-7f34-5855-81fb-92ad2dc0c64f.html

I mean...gently caress everything.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

colachute posted:

I got issued an IBA and ACH when I "deployed" to Kuwait. I left it in a pile at headquarters with a note pinned on that said "please return to supply depot by [redeployment date]"

Nobody has ever said anything about it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/DavidGilbertCCM/status/1159187972920500225?s=20

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

That's just embarrassing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
We need to impeach. We're alienated from our allies. Our president is openly allying with despots and fascists. There are minorities in loving camps.

What the gently caress are we waiting for? We going to chicken out of going after pence too? gently caress him. gently caress this whole thing.

Hitler is here. And we're doing loving nothing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Wasabi the J posted:

We need to impeach. We're alienated from our allies. Our president is openly allying with despots and fascists. There are minorities in loving camps.

What the gently caress are we waiting for? We going to chicken out of going after pence too? gently caress him. gently caress this whole thing.

It's not nothing. I retweet AOC and Ilhan Omar every day. Plus I make really serious posts about the bad people at my workplace.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Wasabi the J posted:

Like 40% of the country is fine with even his worst policies.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Politicians tweet about it all the time and talk about how bad he is. That’s legitimately all we are going to get.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vasudus posted:

I was 20. The only thing I learned from that event was that cracked ribs hurt a lot. And to never tell people you have cracked ribs.

Is it like getting a sunburn

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is it like getting a sunburn

i was taking a nap like the next day and my squadmates decided to tap on my ribs like a xylophone

it didn't sound like a cartoon folks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3IICY5NKC0

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I really cannot stress how ghoulish that is and how unsurprised I am. God drat this country

Vasudus posted:

i was taking a nap like the next day and my squadmates decided to tap on my ribs like a xylophone

it didn't sound like a cartoon folks

Yeah I meant do people gently caress with you

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 9, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’ve been looking up the cost of living in various areas around the world — mostly not-the-UK-Europe. I’m not going to be one of the people who swears I’ll leave if trump wins, but I’m not going to rule out the possibility of moving out of the country all together.

I don’t care to stick around and watch this place implode and I’m not going to make it my responsibility to *~*vote*~* in 2024 to correct an unsolvable problem. I’ll just leave.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

poo poo it sounds like parts of mexico are pretty legit sounding comparatively now

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If I’m being honest, I just don’t want to be associated with this poo poo. It’s going to get to the point where people look at the US and just assume (for good reason) that we are all racist gun toting pieces of poo poo. At this point I feel like on an international scale it’s just limited to trump and republicans and not ALL Americans... yet.

When you think Germany in the 1930s and 40s you immediately think Nazis. That’s how it’ll be when people look at the US in hindsight. I don’t want to be visible in that hindsight.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:jail2:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’m not one to shoot the messenger but my first reaction was gently caress you for posting this.

Jesus loving Christ

Jesus loving CHRIST

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

God dammit god dammit god dammit

gently caress

gently caress

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Gross if that's what I think it's about

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Why would you ever write 2 x 8

why does that weird me out the most

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hobbesmaster posted:

"I meant 28 but had a stray mark in the middle there"

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Milo and POTUS posted:

Gross if that's what I think it's about

You know in your heart and mind it is

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm telling myself it's 28

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

hobbesmaster posted:

Yeh, about that. I want to know who wrote that memo.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
everyone implicated needs to be beaten to death jfc

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If you write “two eight year olds” it’s incriminating so you have to code it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I just hope it's all teenagers and not like 7 year olds. Investigating that poo poo took decades off my life and I still can't deal with hearing crying kids without needing booze or pills.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
More docs to be released that were previously under seal on September 4th apparently.

I wonder if Dersh lasts that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I hope he tries to blow his head off and Terry Schiavos himself. Death is too nice.