Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The internet loves to whine about Fire/Fighting starters but I'll take that over goddamn pure Fire any day of the week. Hell, make a non-starter Fire/Fighting so they can do something with its non-hidden abilities.

E: And the main ones bitch about Stealth Rocks, too. Ya know what fire types aren't weak to Stealth Rocks? Fire/Fighting (and /rock and /ground, but they got other problems)!

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Well, there's the armor...

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Jesus christ what's on the main character's back

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Calaveron posted:

One whole suitcase which contains all the pokemon he smuggled past the border

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Has the UK not mastered the arts of backpacks?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Calaveron posted:

Tie in with Death Stranding

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Calaveron posted:

You need lots of space in your bag and it's not like they have the technology to compress matter down to a fraction of its size using small portable capsules or anything.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Rudoku posted:

The internet loves to whine about Fire/Fighting starters but I'll take that over goddamn pure Fire any day of the week. Hell, make a non-starter Fire/Fighting so they can do something with its non-hidden abilities.

E: And the main ones bitch about Stealth Rocks, too. Ya know what fire types aren't weak to Stealth Rocks? Fire/Fighting (and /rock and /ground, but they got other problems)!

I was about to correct you, but then I looked it up, and holy poo poo, Fighting-types resist Rock moves. I seriously thought it was normal damage for all these years.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

EthanSteele posted:

I am glad we finally get Lando-T baby form.

Landorunt

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Licarn posted:

You need lots of space in your bag and it's not like they have the technology to compress matter down to a fraction of its size using small portable capsules or anything.

Yeah, what is this, Dragon Ball?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Combi backpack/luggage chest/briefcase.

Now we're talking

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Calaveron posted:

The coffin they carry the other unchosen main character in.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Flopsy posted:

The coffin they carry the other unchosen main character in.

He looks like he’s carrying around a saint cloth

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
What type would a magic 8 ball in a top hat Pokemon be?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

psychic

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Shneak posted:

psychic/dark, or maybe psychic/ghost

I would have guess dark/fairy, but we already have on of those.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

psychic/dark, or maybe psychic/ghost

I would have guess dark/fairy, but we already have on of those.

Doesn't mean much. Between XY and SM, we got four separate Grass/Ghost lines.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Lotta dead trees out there. Save the rainforest.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Japan and other cultures have a lot of associations with spooky poo poo and forests. One's a solo pokemon so I wouldn't really count it as a line and Decidueye's the final evolution so that doesn't really count as a line either. Still, it's a lot of Grass Ghost types compared to a lot of other combinations. There's no Ghost/Rock as an example.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

My point was that we had six individual Grass/Ghost types within two gens, when the type had never been represented before.

We have a Dark/Fairy announced for SS, but there's nothing stopping them from adding another if they wanted.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vandar posted:

My point was that we had six individual Grass/Ghost types within two gens, when the type had never been represented before.

We have a Dark/Fairy announced for SS, but there's nothing stopping them from adding another if they wanted.

They put two new water/fairy types in sun and moon so yeah I don't see wynaut.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Shneak posted:

ghost/fairy galarian ghastly which also evolves into the clefable/gengar mix

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I really want to see what eyeball-spider ends up being.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

spit on my clit posted:

seriously, team yell is so loving lame. angry soccer fans? poo poo, you better just make the whole region the bad guys in that case, soccer fans are saltier than esports players mixed in with a box of iodized salt. hell, even the players are incredibly salty.

Actual Soccer Hooligans are almost like a distinct group themselves.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
What's the amount per stage by which buffs and debuffs affect stats? I'm talking about moves like Harden.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rinkles posted:

What's the amount per stage by which buffs and debuffs affect stats? I'm talking about moves like Harden.

For Buffs, it goes 1.5x original, 2x, 2.5x, 3x, 3.5x, and 4x.

For debuffs, it goes 2/3rds original, 2/4ths, 2/5ths, 2/6ths, 2/7ths, and 2/8ths.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Thank you.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rinkles posted:

Here's the chart from Bulbapedia

For Accuracy and Evasion it's basically the same, you just start at 3/3 instead of 2/2. Well, for Gen 5+ at least.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

How many of y'all play set instead of shift?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rinkles posted:

People play shift? Like difficulty aside that's just
like 4 text boxes between every single pokemon you can just cut out

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Most people don't change from the default. They should though, set is significantly more interesting to play.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rinkles posted:

I used to play Shift but I switched to Set to make it harder.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Set when playing, shift when levelling/EV training a specific new baby guy because its easier.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Is there any way to make the BW2 experience less desolate, what with the wifi service not available anymore.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rinkles posted:

Been plating Set ever since HGSS.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ka0 posted:

Is there any way to make the BW2 experience less desolate, what with the wifi service not available anymore.

I got my kicks in Join Avenue, the Nimbasa Stadiums/Courts, PWT (If you really hate yourself, only use your story team) and of course scouring the corners of the region for pokemon you' haven't caught yet

'course, I'm the weirdo who prefers the singleplayer aspect of Pokemon, so your experience may vary

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Flopsy posted:

A new leak just dropped and it's a riddle this time. Feel free to pick over it if y'all want.

https://pokejungle.net/2019/08/08/rumor-image-hints-at-new-pokemon-of-sword-shield/

the grey hound/whippet is yamper's evolution that's teased in the banners for the pokemon stadiums and the squirrels are teased on little kid's shirts in the crowds

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
o rly

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Vinylshadow posted:

I got my kicks in Join Avenue, the Nimbasa Stadiums/Courts, PWT (If you really hate yourself, only use your story team) and of course scouring the corners of the region for pokemon you' haven't caught yet

'course, I'm the weirdo who prefers the singleplayer aspect of Pokemon, so your experience may vary

Such a shame. So much stuff seems tied to the global link and the c-gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Ka0 posted:

Such a shame. So much stuff seems tied to the global link and the c-gear.

Isn't there a fake site for these interactions you can use by abusing dns?