Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

:yohoho: snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I feel like things would have been different if I had seen Katakuri, Robin, or any of CP9 on the options.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

now that's a top 4 you love to see

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
not sure how I ended up here. luffy appeared on the 92nd round for me lol

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

it's fun when a high tier shows up late and you just vote them twenty times in a row

no idea how shanks ended up that high

number 4 is big mom

QUEEN belongs here but he's not in yet

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 9, 2019

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

guess which arc of OP I saw first

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

guess which arc of OP I saw first
The best one, I'm guessing

Love all these high tier Mr3s.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Not too bad, best dad of course has to be first.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

this is fun

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I thought I was gonna be the only one with both ships in top 10

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Guy A. Person posted:

I thought I was gonna be the only one with both ships in top 10

No Laboon? Disgraceful. :colbert:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Don't know that I super agree with this order, but the cast of the top 10 seems mostly right. Roger got a real easy bracket, and he's probably not actually in the top 10 without it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

pleased to see so many garps and so few aces in the top 10.

but shocked and horrified that sanji is apparently the least popular sh.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Sorry, but Sanji got really dinged at the beginning of the New World. The most dreadful thing is all of you repping neither Laboon nor Merry though. Shameful.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Guess, I'm not alone in liking Mr. 3 a lot.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

For the record I chose some lady from Film Gold that I never saw over Rebecca, I didn't actually realize I cared so little about her character until now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's something for you to enjoy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MyopicBloom/status/1159660076388323329

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

hell yeah i'm on board!!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Doffy definitely got that coat for him.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is Crocodile’s dark secret that he and Mingo used to smooch

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The theory's come up that they'd totally be exes if Doffy didn't come off as the type to refuse to date anyone older than him.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

drat even on break weeks oda continues to knock it out of the park

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
I'm legit curious what Crocodiles back story is. Him and Mihawk are the only two we know nothing about prior their careers as Warlords.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I think Crocodile got his rear end handed to him by Whitebeard? A couple of the Warlords are New World burnouts.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think Crocodile got his rear end handed to him by Whitebeard? A couple of the Warlords are New World burnouts.

He lost to Whitebeard, but other than that we know nothing else. And some of his dialogue to Luffy when they fought implied that he was like him to some degree, but then something changed. He also seems to have some kind of connection to Ivankov as well.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There was a short lived theory when Ivankov was revealed that Crocodile was Luffy's mom, which I don't know how to feel about.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

doomrider7 posted:

I'm legit curious what Crocodiles back story is.

he's luffy's mom

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

bobjr posted:

There was a short lived theory when Ivankov was revealed that Crocodile was Luffy's mom, which I don't know how to feel about.

God please don't remind me of that. Ugh!

I also don't think Crocodile's ever been subjected to the gender swap since he's had character pictures of him as a kid and actual "what if" gender swap pictures done.

All in all, that was just a loving TERRIBAD concept and idea and makes no sense.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

doomrider7 posted:

He lost to Whitebeard, but other than that we know nothing else. And some of his dialogue to Luffy when they fought implied that he was like him to some degree, but then something changed. He also seems to have some kind of connection to Ivankov as well.

We know from the Ms Goldenweek cover arc that Crocodile's true dream is to be the pirate king, which definitely points to him being more idealistic at heart.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

doomrider7 posted:

God please don't remind me of that. Ugh!

I also don't think Crocodile's ever been subjected to the gender swap since he's had character pictures of him as a kid and actual "what if" gender swap pictures done.

All in all, that was just a loving TERRIBAD concept and idea and makes no sense.

He’s quite androgynous as a kid and the only time we’ve seen him when he was younger was at Roger’s execution, where he was only shown from the back. I’m not a fan of the gender swap theory either but there is evidence for it.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

My bro Pedro. I feel like my top ten list is a bit different from all of yours.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 10, 2019

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

doomrider7 posted:

the whole idea is based on how crocodile's childhood art and his "what if" gender swap look more similar than crocodile as a man and young crocodile

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Bleck posted:

the whole idea is based on how crocodile's childhood art and his "what if" gender swap look more similar than crocodile as a man and young crocodile

I remember the theory predating both of those by a good bit from some old discussions back when Summit War was still recent on the anime. This was years ago though so memory might be off.

Begemot posted:

We know from the Ms Goldenweek cover arc that Crocodile's true dream is to be the pirate king, which definitely points to him being more idealistic at heart.

I remember that one. I liked it a lot.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

doomrider7 posted:

I remember the theory predating both of those by a good bit from some old discussions back when Summit War was still recent on the anime. This was years ago though so memory might be off.
People guessed that Crocodile used to be a woman the very moment Ivankov said they knew a secret about Crocodile. That's a very old guess that has had some resurgence with the kid and genderswapped pictures.

I vaguely recall people joking about Crocodile possibly being Luffy's mother, but my recollection is that people were just being silly, rather than that being a real theory.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

doomrider7 posted:

Yeah, I don't remember when those 2 drawings above were made but the theory that he used to be a woman was immediately proposed basically the millisecond Ivankov revealed that he knew a secret about Crocodile's past, since Iva has the hormones that can do that.

I can't remember exactly how the "Crocodile is Luffy's mother" theory came about but since there is literally no other evidence than for any other woman of a certain age range, it was probably shortly after.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

crocodile is a pretty crappy mom imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Though could be wrongfooting us given Ivankov has been with the Revolutionaries and in Impel Down and probably knows a fuckload of secrets besides.

The Revolutionary Army is still a bit of an unknown quantity it seems like; their goals and tactics seem pretty clear in seeking to discredit the World Government and encourage and assist people to overthrow tyrannical and corrupt governments, and the WG is certainly mass-producing malcontents at an unprecedented rate. But it's still not entirely clear where they came from, what motivates Dragon in particular (being the son of Garp the Hero and all) and what assets and resources they have that keeps them going even after Blackbeard sacked their original base. (and for that matter, why Blackbeard targeted them in particular) Robin spent the timeskip training with them but that doesn't help much given she's already the most enigmatic Straw Hat.