Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

BMX Ninja posted:

Probably not. I went on a weird deep dive into elite noncery a while back and the consensus among the wingnuts is that Blair had a conviction for soliciting consensual sex with another man in a public convenience, but he never diddled kids. They do think that he was happy to protect and cover up for Peter Mandelson and Gordon Brown, who they think were involved in the Maddie McCann disappearance and the Dunblane massacre, respectively.

Involved in the Dunblane massacre how exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

was secretly dunblane

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

The Dunblane conspiracy I've heard a bunch online was about George Robertson having some connection with the shooter Thomas Hamilton. Possibly a freemason thing? I can't remember.

Never heard Brown's name brought up in connection with Dunblane or any suggestion he was a paedophile. The gossip about Brown was always that he was gay.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Regarde Aduck posted:

iirc the conspiracy theory about Dunblane was that the shooter, who ran a bunch of youth clubs for years, was supposed to be the pimp of a masonic paedophile ring, which presumably Brown is accused of being a part of. I think the massacre was supposed to be part of a cover up?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Look this recent recession is just a minor blip on the radar, UK has clearly had a robust recovery since the financial crisis and we can afford a slight backsli- Real pay cut for millions since 2010, TUC study suggests

BBC posted:

Pay rates have effectively fallen for the UK's lower and middle income earners since 2010, research suggests.

Workers in jobs paying between £9.56 and £12.73 an hour have seen their "real" wage fall 1% since 2010 after inflation is accounted for, analysis by the Trades Union Congress (TUC) found.

The pay rate analysis identifies middle income earners, those earning near the median wage rate of £12.73 per hour, as having their earning power eroded since 2010.

This 1% reduction in pay rates compares to a rise of 7% for this group of 7.7 million workers between 2002 and 2010, the TUC analysis argues.

For workers earning between the median wage rate of £12.73 and £25.45 per hour, pay rates have on average fallen 3% in the period.

The TUC analysis shows the 1.1 million highest income earners, banking above £25.45 per hour worked, saw average pay rates rise 4% since 2010.

But not to worry, Boris Johnsons' government response is to assure us that all is well in the fair land:

quote:

Ministers say all workers saw income tax cuts and real pay was now rising.

As a side note I also really like how BBC uses verbs like 'suggests' and 'argues' rather than, say, 'shows'.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Dance Officer posted:

It's not at the point of starvation they start handing out food to you. Way before that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Because I have no idea about this beyond the poo poo my gammon coworker says about people just taking advantage of free food being nasty bollocks, or any idea why the poster was actually probated for saying it beyond it challenging fragile reactionary communist mod Jose, can anyone expand on how all of this works and if it is a consistent process? Let's all bear in mind this is cspam though obvs

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Because I have no idea about this beyond the poo poo my gammon coworker says about people just taking advantage of free food being nasty bollocks, or any idea why the poster was actually probated for saying it beyond it challenging fragile reactionary communist mod Jose, can anyone expand on how all of this works and if it is a consistent process? Let's all bear in mind this is cspam though obvs

Lmao :frogout:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
when have i ever claimed to be a communist lol

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Jose will always be that hurricane surviver to me. Nothing more nothing less

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

What I am saying is you should visit more hurricanes

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Martin BadClixx posted:

Hurricanes visit him

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

There's one today, it's windy as gently caress in London and therefore I assume the rest of the uk

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Martin BadClixx posted:

i want to try a 6-7 scale earthquake next

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I love that people are literally going to be poorer and have less food on the table for their kids to entertain a hollow revenge fantasy against the EU by English Nationalists.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I think Dance Officer got probated for trying to concern troll the definition of starvation while moving the goalposts continuously after people answered their question. I'm no mod obv. they were also being a dick.

In short Dance Officer is a land of contrasts.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Martin BadClixx posted:

Jose will always be that hurricane surviver to me. Nothing more nothing less

i'll always remember when he survived through making the worst move possible at very turn, then someone who looks exactly like his avatar showed up on tv to talk about how incredibly good an idea staying in that hotel was

what i'm saying is jose is invincible and has forgotten more about not giving a gently caress than i will ever know

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Surprise Giraffe posted:

"Just asking questions"

Why indeed would someone who's trivialising the plight of people having to beg for food for their children get ban hammered. :iiam:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Surprise Giraffe posted:

fragile reactionary communist mod Jose

not sure that you "get" cspam

if you want to quibble about how kids without enough food are technically not literally starving, that's what d&d is for

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Ape Fist posted:

I love that people are literally going to be poorer and have less food on the table for their kids to entertain a hollow revenge fantasy against the EU by English Nationalists.

Who will end up blaming and taking it out on the non-EU foreign family down the street.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Surprise Giraffe posted:

it’s a sixxer for being a stupid pedant you gigantic baby

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Jose posted:

i want to try a 6-7 scale earthquake next

come to california, they're due

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

some good news for prince andrew out of the states this morning

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Raskolnikov38 posted:

:cawg:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://twitter.com/guardian/status...ingawful.com%2F

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

how is this the one piece of blackmail that escaped

I mean he 100% deserves to go to hell for this and i'm glad it's out, but still

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Reminder that prince Andrew hosted Epstein's homecoming party from prison the first time

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it doesn't matter

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
it doesn't loving matter. nothing in this loving forsaken earth matters

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

redleader posted:

it doesn't loving matter. nothing in this loving forsaken earth matters

There there, try to take a breather dude. World's hosed, we're hosed but don't let it get you down because...uhm...it just doesn't matter.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

is this brexit

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
brexit

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1160198083852087299

disappointed they couldnt work out how to build a countdown clock into every coin

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Should have made them £5 coins as that's likely to be the smallest usable denomination by the time Brexit happens.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Weird, how the UK was full on pedo panic a while back but suddenly speaks of a "young woman", if somebody with just enough incest ~royal blood~ shows up. :thunk:

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Randler posted:

Weird, how the UK was full on pedo panic a while back but suddenly speaks of a "young woman", if somebody with just enough incest ~royal blood~ shows up. :thunk:

Everyone has assumed he's a nonce for loving ages. Here's hoping he does an Epstein.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hexyflexy posted:

Everyone has assumed he's a nonce for loving ages. Here's hoping he does an Epstein.

Isn't it illegal to suggest a royal be assassinated?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

prefect posted:

Isn't it illegal to suggest a royal be assassinated?

Nope! I can quite happily suggest any member of the UK power structure should be dead, I just can't say how.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Taking advantage of free food when you need it is good, and it's good that people who aren't literally dying from hunger also have access to it. The €1 a day diet, while viable in terms of caloric intake, isn't exactly good for you long term.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i will take whatever precautions are necessary to prevent the rise of another fishmech, do not go down the road pedantry

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

poty posted:

brexit

disappointed they couldnt work out how to build a countdown clock into every coin
A Fistful of Brexits

For a Few Brexits More

The Good, The Bad, and The British

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

poty posted:

brexit

A good start but no