Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

Raised bathtub to attract the :females:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

My uncle's bathroom is pretty great.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Permanent piss towels.....

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

wesleywillis posted:

Permanent piss towels.....

...nailed to the entire wall?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Load bearing piss towels

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Uhhhhh

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Javid posted:

Hand washing unnecessary

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Javid posted:

At first glance I thought the toilet seat was covered with mould.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

uvar posted:

At first glance I thought the toilet seat was covered with mould.

I mean, it probably still is.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Yay! Spent a week away from home and came home to this. The drywallers must have done it as they were the only contractors in for the past few days.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

This picture makes me understand what Orwell meant by "doublethink" because I know for a fact that is not me on the right but I SWEAR that is me on the right.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

H110Hawk posted:

Yay! Spent a week away from home and came home to this. The drywallers must have done it as they were the only contractors in for the past few days.

They cracked your driveway enough to leave a six-inch gap in the garage door? It sure doesn't look like the ground is flat there.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

They cracked your driveway enough to leave a six-inch gap in the garage door? It sure doesn't look like the ground is flat there.
I think the ground settled and cracked the driveway?

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
He said the contractors did it so they clearly had a white knuckle, concrete-cracking kung fu fight on his property, duh.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

They cracked your driveway enough to leave a six-inch gap in the garage door?
No they moved the bball rim a foot to the right.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

19 folds, think that's anatomically correct.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

I think it's an optical illusion. The top left of the garage is hosed up and pulled part of the door off the ground

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Left and middle bottom pic need to be swapped so it's now - in 4 weeks - in 6 months

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Moatman posted:

I think it's an optical illusion. The top left of the garage is hosed up and pulled part of the door off the ground
Also, if you look a little further left of that, there are some shelves in the corner of the fence and garage that appear untouched and actually have a can of paint or whatever on it. So it doesn't seem like they screwed up the garage structure itself because that would presumably have messed up the shelf and/or knocked that can off the shelf.

Seems like the contractors just hit the corner of the garage door somehow hard enough to jar it out of alignment/bend it.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MagusofStars posted:

Seems like the contractors just hit the corner of the garage door somehow hard enough to jar it out of alignment/bend it.

This is my take as well. I haven't been inside yet to verify. I am quite sleep deprived so sorry about the picture being wonky.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

No they moved the bball rim a foot to the right.

Not gonna lie, now that you pointed it out the off-center bball hoop makes me angrier than any other possible thing in that picture.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

Not gonna lie, now that you pointed it out the off-center bball hoop makes me angrier than any other possible thing in that picture.

I know what sort of monster installs a basketball hoop. (The previous owners did it. It is centered more or less on the "playable" portion of the driveway, which was less when our patio cover of structural dry rot and illegal span lengths was overhanging that fence.)

Also our driveway is indeed a patchwork of crap, 2 different sections of concrete and some asphalt which is itself poorly laid and patched. It rarely freezes here so it doesn't matter too much outside of aesthetics. It's basically somewhere off the bottom of the list of things I care about. When it becomes a hazard to walk or drive on I will fix it properly several years later.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Blue Footed Booby posted:

:lol: also :magical:

A while back, I read about a construction team whose boss explained they were working near a buried fiber optic line that connected Europe with Africa, and that damaging it would cause a zillion dollar per minute Big loving Deal. Sure enough, a guy in an excavator managed to sever the line. When he realized it, he got out of the cab, walked off the site, was never seen again.

A former coworker used to work with a snow plow company and one of their coworkers did that after hitting a body in a snowbank.

On the upside the autopsy found the guy had died before being hit by the snowplow.

From what I've heard about the fighting game community they'd hold a entire event in there. I recall hearing about one tournament being forced out of a venue by fire marshals because the building was partially collapsing.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Wait wait wait... No place to put it... Five more to go... Next one inside the bowl?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

In the shower, duh. It’s just unused space otherwise.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Saw this the other day.

I guess they didn't want anyone to turn out the lights?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Here's some Finnish prefabricated Groverhauses for you. It's Google translation but seems readable.

https://translate.google.com/transl...mo-ovat-pulassa

This is what quality looks like:

This bathroom's tiling cracked so the company's repairmen tore them off and also broke the waterproofing, revealing that the waterproofing was directly on the wooden frame that is going to shrink and grow over time, oh and this is also a load bearing wall so rot is doubly undesirable:

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 12, 2019

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

H110Hawk posted:

Progress!

Our GC is having a garage door repair company come out to assess what happened.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Yo the contractors also stole all of the concrete from your garage floor.

stupid puma
Apr 25, 2005

Looks like the cable snapped on one side. If you live in a place with winter and they use salt on the roads, rust was probably the culprit.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Whatever caused it DO NOT gently caress with those return springs unless you know what you're dealing with.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

No ring.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

My money says someone left something blocking the door from closing at that one end but without tripping the optical interrupt. For example, a sawhorse does this perfectly. And since it’s off to one side, the torque shutoff doesn’t kick in until it’s good and fuckered off the track. Don’t ask me how I know this, it’s none of your drat business.

On the plus side, it’s generally relatively easy to fix.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

My money says someone left something blocking the door from closing at that one end but without tripping the optical interrupt. For example, a sawhorse does this perfectly. And since it’s off to one side, the torque shutoff doesn’t kick in until it’s good and fuckered off the track. Don’t ask me how I know this, it’s none of your drat business.

On the plus side, it’s generally relatively easy to fix.

This is my guess as well. The track on the dickered side is a bit bent and there is fresh wood installed behind it. I also bet they were operating it manually. The wiring to the button and sensors are also a bit dickered but it was like that when we bought the place.

And yes, gently caress those potential energy bombs they put above the door.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Followup

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

:stonk:

LSD is a hell of a drug.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

God dammit I hate the 20th century.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

mycomancy posted:

God dammit I hate the 20th century.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

This one is the least bad. Maybe it's the window with air and sunlight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
I swear, my house has 5 of those carpet colors in it, which is saying a lot because those are the five carpets in my house.