Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Caper posted:

730 was hilarious. Jonathan's story about almost hooking up with an older woman and his body shutting down on him was classic. "I ended up having to diss her" :lol:

Are there a bunch of audio glitches for anyone else in the recent eps? It's been happening for a bit but this live episode had a ton.

How much do you need to pledge for live episodes now? I'm giving $1/month and I have 729 but not 730 available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

How much do you need to pledge for live episodes now? I'm giving $1/month and I have 729 but not 730 available

Are you looking in a podcast app? It should just download the newest episodes as they're available. Check that you're using the right link?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I think 730 is only up as video for now, and it's at the $5 tier. The audio that goes in the Patreon RSS feed available at the $1 level usually comes a while later (it's been days for a last few, but like weeks for some of the previous ones -- you know how they operate).

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I think 730 is only up as video for now, and it's at the $5 tier. The audio that goes in the Patreon RSS feed available at the $1 level usually comes a while later (it's been days for a last few, but like weeks for some of the previous ones -- you know how they operate).

I have 730 in my podcast player- it says it was published the 11th.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I'm using the apple podcast app and an RSS link dated October 2018. It shows up as UYD Bonus Listening

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Patreon does allow creators to tag individual episodes of the RSS feed for a specific contribution level, entirely possible they just started doing that and forgot to tell everyone?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
731 is so loving good. This rant about nostalgia is just incredible. And it's true, good god, it's so true.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

731 is so loving good. This rant about nostalgia is just incredible. And it's true, good god, it's so true.

I was just listening to that today, great stuff.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I really hope the Cowboys have a good year, Seth deserves it.

"Not an act common to the game" is a top 5 bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZHfmbUGCng

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Apparently a guy just opened fire at the Gilroy Garlic Festival :(

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Riptor posted:

Apparently a guy just opened fire at the Gilroy Garlic Festival :(
Jesus Christ I finished listening to that ep ~45 minutes ago, opened my PC and saw the news notification about a shooting at a "food festival", thought about that for half a goddamn second and dismissed it.

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 29, 2019

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Bizarre.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Extremist podcast fans?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

Someone recommended 594 and holy gently caress this opening Seth rant on Kiefer Sutherland's country music career is loving terrifying just how all-in he goes on this dude

lmao that's a fantastic opening

deepspace.io
Aug 5, 2015
Mothers watching sons.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

These "themed" episodes are usually hit or miss for me but 733 was a banger the whole way through.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The pajama story in 734 reminds me of when I was a 14 year old camp counselor and one of my friends called a parent “dude” and the guy exploded ragefully with “Young man, do you know what that word means?? It’s an elephant’s butt hair”. No better way to lose control of a group of 10-14 year old kids

Beat it, old man

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

The pajama story in 734 reminds me of when I was a 14 year old camp counselor and one of my friends called a parent “dude” and the guy exploded ragefully with “Young man, do you know what that word means?? It’s an elephant’s butt hair”. No better way to lose control of a group of 10-14 year old kids

Beat it, old man

Jonathan identifying with a bunch of Girl Scouts and getting so angry at that woman is amazing.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I loving lost it at "imagine all the girls in what the letter-writer is probably wearing"

god, the mental image :xd:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQF1koYzl4c

Mizu chilling

mcvey fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 9, 2019

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

It's so good. It's up there with Boo-B-Trap for me

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
What I love about UYD is how easy it is to dive back in. I stopped listening for about 6 months but recently became absorbed again. It's like reconnecting with old friends - I love this podcast. It's crazy to realize I've been listening to them for more than 10 years.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

sharkbomb posted:

What I love about UYD is how easy it is to dive back in. I stopped listening for about 6 months but recently became absorbed again. It's like reconnecting with old friends - I love this podcast. It's crazy to realize I've been listening to them for more than 10 years.

One hundred percent, it's god drat crazy I've been listening to these two dudes since 2008 and it's always kept the same vibe. First ep I downloaded was in the mid-100s where Jah told the story about stealing his school's groundskeeper's blessed weed and lying like a punk bitch

"I am a Rastafarian and lying is against my religion!"

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I wish I could remember how I even got into it. Somewhere close to 300, and it wasn't anyone I knew IRL who introduced me. Actually could have been this thread going by the date on the OP. Once I was in I made my way through the catalog in the craziest way -- I listened to new ones as they came out, and went all the way through the archive backwards from whenever I came in, downloading groups of five at a time and listening to those in order (like 285-290, then 280-284...)

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I remember someone posting about it in FYAD in 2007 and that's how I got into it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
When I first joined SA I listened to loads of the podcasts that had big threads. I think I listened to the first 5 mins of their first episode and just turned it off. Then a few years later I took another listen and was hooked.

You have to be in the right head space though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Seth go on Chapo

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Whoolighams posted:

One hundred percent, it's god drat crazy I've been listening to these two dudes since 2008 and it's always kept the same vibe. First ep I downloaded was in the mid-100s where Jah told the story about stealing his school's groundskeeper's blessed weed and lying like a punk bitch

"I am a Rastafarian and lying is against my religion!"

NAH MAN, NAH MAN

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

sharkbomb posted:

Same, it fell out of my weekly rotation just before 700. I'm currently going through the backlog to get caught up. Every episode is a treat and makes me wonder how I let myself fall so far behind..

I'm on 714 and just heard the Ask Amy about dealing with a neighbor's difficult kid. Seth slipping into the kid's character and just destroying Jonathan during the "roleplay a one-on-one with this awful kid" segment is amazing.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The Puntcaster

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

C-Euro posted:

Seth go on Chapo

Only if they can get him on TV

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Catching back up; it’s been a long time since I’ve laughed so hard I cried at UYD. Didn’t expect a long form episode to be the one, but Seth’s “can’t stand up” spin on Can’t Touch This in 727 (about the testosterone study) did the trick.

Oh my goodness. The boys still got it.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Woga, by Roma

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I refuse to believe that anyone playing in the Little League World Series knows what Gray's Anatomy is, let alone considers it their favorite TV show.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 21, 2019

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The boys were on fire this week.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Seth needs to read the descriptions for the new XFL teams. I could only read them in his calm faux-marketing voice and imagining Jonathan laughing in the background.

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1164219954457133058

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
BattleHawks

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

I have a long road trip planned this weekend; I have 7 episodes to listen too. I'm stoked.

e: (sorry, that was my cool story bro contribution to the thread; i suck)

deepspace.io
Aug 5, 2015
Love the bit where Seth plays the cop and meth head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

Seth needs to read the descriptions for the new XFL teams. I could only read them in his calm faux-marketing voice and imagining Jonathan laughing in the background.

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1164219954457133058

Every single one of these looks like an overwatch league team