Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

duckfarts posted:

so what kinda switches this thing use

most likely browns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
Grimey Drawer

OSU_Matthew posted:

most likely browns

Could be green if it's only recently been installed

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong

duckfarts posted:

so what kinda switches this thing use

cherry mx granite

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

I have a vortex race 75% with clears and a wasd TKL with blues. The WASD is uk layout which is loving annoying

that’s my post

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Gentle Autist posted:

I have a vortex race 75% with clears and a wasd TKL with blues. The WASD is uk layout which is loving annoying

that’s my post

here there are, op

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Those are some real beauts.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

whats up with the kinesis freestyle2 being domes. p hosed up

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Any keyboard without a 10-key block is literal trash for babbies to poop on.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

yep some p big chunks missing from both of those boards

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Skim Milk posted:

it's 1/3rd the price of the regular kinesis, that's what's up

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i'll tell you what's up, nerds. my dinger whilst im showing off an elite keyfeel to a cooing big titty broad (WASD V2 ABS Doubleshot w/ clears)

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

i'll tell you what's up, nerds. my dinger whilst im showing off an elite keyfeel to a cooing big titty broad (WASD V2 ABS Doubleshot w/ clears)

tell us more

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

:hellyeah:

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
Keyboard update: switched to the new DSS Dolch set from PMK. Also propping up the front of the keyboard to add a -5 degree tilt that feels good on my wrists.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Skim Milk posted:

get the pro or edge, op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
took my WASD with blues to work today. I think it is going down well. we use the keyboard as much to drive the software as much as type in poo poo, so its satisfying

not prepared to leave my home keyboard at work tho

still rocking this CODE v2 w/ clears and PBT :smugmrgw:

if you dont like clears then you are wrong. back to the OG

Dielectric
May 3, 2010
I acquired a new-in-box Lexmark-built Model M at Goodwill last night for $3.99. Who wants to touch me?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:worship:

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
I should have got the dampeners on my clears.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Dielectric posted:

I acquired a new-in-box Lexmark-built Model M at Goodwill last night for $3.99. Who wants to touch me?

dang

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Fib posted:

Keyboard update: switched to the new DSS Dolch set from PMK. Also propping up the front of the keyboard to add a -5 degree tilt that feels good on my wrists.

What the gently caress is this poo poo

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Why would you ever buy something like this

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

rear end posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo

how the gently caress does pedophile pete feel like he gets to call anyone out for literally anything

:getout:

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

how the gently caress does pedophile pete feel like he gets to call anyone out for literally anything

:getout:

Your probate history is littered with hosed up racist takes. You haven't learned anything yet so I'm giving you a month to think about it. User loses posting privileges for 1 month.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
For the sake of this thread's discussion I installed my pbt keycaps and it's a night and day difference, surprisingly it turns out my spacekey isn't supposed to wobble.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Fib posted:

I support your right to have a bad keyboard with bowls. Keep doing you and don't let the haters get you too far down.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
kinesis advantage is the best keyboard, i don't even know why y'all fuckin around with the rest of this split bullshit or some 3d printed horsecrap or whatever.

Just pay the $350 and get the good keyboard and fuckin move on with your lives.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

rotor posted:

kinesis advantage is the best keyboard, i don't even know why y'all fuckin around with the rest of this split bullshit or some 3d printed horsecrap or whatever.

is it still good with half the key caps missing?

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

rotor posted:

What's wrong with using a regular rear end fuckin keyboard. Why would I pay $350 for a parted keyboard with a tiny rear end spacekey? Is it really that much extra work to move your hands around? It's a horrible expensive gimmick.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

rotor posted:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

rear end posted:

What's wrong with using a regular rear end fuckin keyboard. Why would I pay $350 for a parted keyboard with a tiny rear end spacekey? Is it really that much extra work to move your hands around? It's a horrible expensive gimmick.

dsyp

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rear end posted:

lol I know

I'll come into the nerd keyboard thread and complain about people's keyboards

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

What I'm saying is go back to gbs

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

rear end posted:

seriously?

for many people non-split keyboards compress their ulnar nerve, resulting in pain, numbness, muscle degradation, etc

the bowl design minimizes finger movement which helps many people as well

the modifier keys being under the thumbs is good for people with weak/damaged pinky fingers i.e. emacs pinky

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Captain Foo posted:

lol I know

I'll come into the nerd keyboard thread and complain about people's keyboards

No, dumbass. I understand the desire for a keyboard that's nice to type on, is ergonomic, and hell even all the rainbow LED poo poo makes sense. I'm aware this keyboard is designed to practically force your arms into a comfortable position or something, but I can save $250 by practicing good positioning and using any other keyboard ever.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rear end posted:

who the gently caress is this dipshit

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

akadajet posted:

is it still good with half the key caps missing?

for you yes because you can only post half as much!!!! :supaburn:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rear end posted:

No, dumbass. I understand the desire for a keyboard that's nice to type on, is ergonomic, and hell even all the rainbow LED poo poo makes sense. I'm aware this keyboard is designed to practically force your arms into a comfortable position or something, but I can save $250 by practicing good positioning and using any other keyboard ever.

then do it and shut the hell up

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
lol how the gently caress does "good positioning" mimic a bowl design with modifier keys moved to the thumbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

rotor posted:

who the gently caress is this dipshit

A butthurt anime fan who is definitely not a pedophile.