Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's not even the funniest bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Oh god are they really having that date still printed on them?

Amazing. Just an every day, eternal 'fukkin owned lmao' to May.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/marinahyde/status/1160238610920169472?s=21

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I hope all of the current Tory cabinet get pelted by said coins.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

namesake posted:

Oh god are they really having that date still printed on them?

Amazing. Just an every day, eternal 'fukkin owned lmao' to May.

And on the coinage, these words appear:
We leave the EU, March 29 2019;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

Failed Imagineer posted:

If you're an NYC billionaire in Federal lockup in NYC, and the main player in the most scrutinized federal investigation of the moment which implicates dozens of celebrities, oligarchs and heads of states, AND you've been found in the fetal position with strangulation marks on your neck within the past week, it would be reasonable to expect 24/7 surveillance

Yeah probably, just that suicide watch can mean a lot of different things. Apparently including 'watch a guy kill himself because money/power' (allegedly)

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Ms Adequate posted:

Look on me, wonks of Blighty, and despair!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Robot Mil posted:

Yeah probably, just that suicide watch can mean a lot of different things. Apparently including 'watch a guy kill himself because money/power' (allegedly)

It can also mean 'not being on suicide watch'.

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1160236193679892486?s=21

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

WhatEvil posted:

My wife's sister and her fella have just moved into a £1.2m house in West Suffolk and we just had a video call with them. She was telling us about how every house around has a "Say no to the solar farm!" sign on it.

Wife's sis and man do not seem particularly Tory to me - the fella owns a business but they made most of their money from making an indie Facebook game popular with middle-aged American women, so little exploitation of workers going on, but they have moved to like, central Toryville. Their constituency has App Mancock as their MP and Tories got 61% of the vote in 2017.

Like I have fantasies of winning the lottery and moving out to some house in the country somewhere (wouldn't need to be massive, and gently caress living next to other people if I can avoid it) but I loving hate the idea of living near a load of (Canadian) Tory cunts.

Nimbys in Toryville, who'd have thunk it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpRPYrUIJX0

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The arrogance of minting coins to celebrate something they know full well half the country doesn’t want to happen is infuriating.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

baka kaba posted:

I guess :tif: wasn't available (that would be a good coin though)

THIS IS FINE SILVER 1 OZ

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Comrade Fakename posted:

The arrogance of minting coins to celebrate something they know full well half the country doesn’t want to happen is infuriating.

Wasn't there some grand plan for national street parties too?

:cry:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

made this so you remoaners can understand why coins are essential to makin britian grate again

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Definitely plans for National Parties on the street.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this is a washington post reporter

https://twitter.com/CarolLeonnig/status/1160214835503738882?s=20

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Ratjaculation posted:

Nimbys in Toryville, who'd have thunk it.

Yeah I mean it's obvious, it just hadn't clicked for me that buying a massive house = Toryville.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Also "peace prosperity and friendship with all nations" yes, this perfectly encapsulates Brexit hmmm yes

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
On the subject of peace and friendship, I found out something really cool the other day. You know the 1977 Voyager probes? On board, each has a Golden Record, with a bunch of music, songs, speech etc. The first track is a greeting from Earth, you know the stuff, we come in peace and friendship and so on; it was spoken by a dude called Kurt Waldheim, the then-secretary-general of the UN.

It was discovered in the 1980s that Waldheim had lied about his military service during World War 2 - he'd actually been part of the bureaucracy managing "population shipments" in Eastern Europe, had been awarded a medal by the fascist Croatian government during the Second World War for services in "resettling" parts of the Serbian population, and almost certainly knew about the Jasenovac camp. America then put him on a no-entry list as federal statute prohibited anyone who participated in Nazi war crimes from entering the country.

So, in millions of years, when the sun expands and burns all trace of our species from this blighted planet, our last testament and legacy will be an unprosecuted Nazi war criminal saying "We step out of our solar system into the universe seeking only peace and friendship". Sweet dreams!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

Yeah I mean it's obvious, it just hadn't clicked for me that buying a massive house = Toryville.

There was a plan to build a single small wind turbine near my old work, and an old couple in their manor house (with stables) complained that it turbines emit carcinogenic radiation... they lived 2km away. The turbine was not installed.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

CGI Stardust posted:

On the subject of peace and friendship, I found out something really cool the other day. You know the 1977 Voyager probes? On board, each has a Golden Record, with a bunch of music, songs, speech etc. The first track is a greeting from Earth, you know the stuff, we come in peace and friendship and so on; it was spoken by a dude called Kurt Waldheim, the then-secretary-general of the UN.

It was discovered in the 1980s that Waldheim had lied about his military service during World War 2 - he'd actually been part of the bureaucracy managing "population shipments" in Eastern Europe, had been awarded a medal by the fascist Croatian government during the Second World War for services in "resettling" parts of the Serbian population, and almost certainly knew about the Jasenovac camp. America then put him on a no-entry list as federal statute prohibited anyone who participated in Nazi war crimes from entering the country.

So, in millions of years, when the sun expands and burns all trace of our species from this blighted planet, our last testament and legacy will be an unprosecuted Nazi war criminal saying "We step out of our solar system into the universe seeking only peace and friendship". Sweet dreams!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Ngqhe3y-Y

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

CGI Stardust posted:

No worries, if there's any spacefaring alien civilisations out there they'll just get our radio wave broadcasts and mark Sol as a no-go area

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

CGI Stardust posted:

tbf there's a certain unintentional honesty about who we are in that.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

CGI Stardust posted:

I think any aliens would be more surpirsed by the intergalactic dick pic attached to the probe

loving cool fact tho, nice share.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ratjaculation posted:

There was a plan to build a single small wind turbine near my old work, and an old couple in their manor house (with stables) complained that it turbines emit carcinogenic radiation... they lived 2km away. The turbine was not installed.
Bakunin gave good reasons why the STEMlord fantasy of rule by panels of disinterested scientists is a terrible idea, but gently caress me they should at least be able to shoot down complete bullshit during consideration.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Cerebral Bore posted:

tbf there's a certain unintentional honesty about who we are in that.

it's so, so good; unironically cheered me up no end

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I've fixed the typo on the coin....

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Spotted in Hackney Wick.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Can diggers hate jews?

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:lol:

quote:

x
Brexit enforcer Cummings’ farm took €235,000 in EU handouts

Boris Johnson aide, a strident critic of Brussels, is accused of hypocrisy over payments
Boris Johnson’s controversial enforcer, Dominic Cummings, an architect of Brexit and a fierce critic of Brussels, is co-owner of a farm that has received €250,000 (£235,000) in EU farming subsidies, the Observer can reveal.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So we can take that but not the money for tackling child poverty or disaster relief.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Thread title

Ratjaculation posted:

made this so you remoaners can understand why coins are essential to makin britian grate again

As a reader of grocery store Disney comics when I was a kid, I am far more familiar with Scrooge as a straight up villainous rich sociopath as opposed to the grandfatherly figure presented in the capitalist propaganda known as "DuckTales" that brainwashed the English speaking world, but I'm pretty sure Scrooge would have much better business sense than to vote leave. If only for the prospect of having to pay tariffs.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 10, 2019

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Necrothatcher posted:

Spotted in Hackney Wick.

They're a pretty big construction company in London and Essex. TBH I'm surprised that some wag hasn't taken a pic of one of their tipper trucks and made some funny, funny joke about it being used to transport certain people. The fact so many luxury apartments going up around Canary Wharf have "CORBYN" plastered over them is pretty funny though.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/Cornish_Damo/status/1160238676691095553?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Ratjaculation posted:

Ben noooo

wonder if tipping point has made it onto the international circuit or if it's just too british to export

e- lol of course australia is interested

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

baka kaba posted:

Ben noooo

wonder if tipping point has made it onto the international circuit or if it's just too british to export

e- lol of course australia is interested

Yeah, it was on in New Zealand along with the Chase. Then it was Coro Street

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Ratjaculation posted:

Yeah, it was on in New Zealand along with the Chase. Then it was Coro Street

the commonwealth will import all our tv shows this is how we're gonna make it!

did yuo know tipping point runs clip shows where it's no questions, literally just the best of the best counters dropping for half an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dick Braine