Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

At the moment is all he’s accused of is having gross feet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wasabi the J posted:

We have a loving Futurama quote in our wedding bands.

GODDAMN IT.

Ahhhwooowoowoowoowoowoowoo

*click* *click*

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Wasabi the J posted:

We have? a loving Futurama! quote, in our wedding bands.

GODDAMN IT?!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Wasabi the J posted:

GODDAMN IT.

Futurama was far more David X. Cohen's work than Groening's, for what it's worth.

hobbesmaster posted:

Yeah, compared to the other accusations that are very explicitly "I was directed to have sex with this person," a weird and gross foot massage is practically tame and certainly not on the level of anything else that's been discussed.

Of course, merely showing up in the documents at all is pretty good evidence that he's a horrifying sexmonster regardless.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If you’re involved with Epstein you’re a piece of poo poo and just because there may be levels to it you still at least meet the bare minimum to be considered a piece of poo poo.

“Not as bad as actual child rapists” is a really lovely bar to set.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

He's in the same story as a shitload of monsters, and there's no protagonist. It's monsters all the way down.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Just a totally normal footrub.

From a kid that he didn't know.

In a sex billionaires mansion.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Just a totally normal footrub.

From a kid that he didn't know.

In a sex billionaires mansion.

No, in a billionaire's airplane on a flight from NYC to LA. There actually is a possible innocent explanation for that given that hes famous

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

colachute posted:

If you’re involved with Epstein you’re a piece of poo poo and just because there may be levels to it you still at least meet the bare minimum to be considered a piece of poo poo.

The guy preyed on the academic and intellectual elite though–I could see pre-2008 going to a fundraiser or event with him, and then leading to a flight on his private jet and getting coerced into weird massage stuff, but post-2008 there's really no excuse, people have had to know.

e: you really think these top experts in their fields had the time to do comprehensive due diligence? They probably thought it was a meeting with just another science-curious philanthropic finance guy that could lead to funding opportunities so they could do more research. Academics can be really focussed and single-minded, that's nothing new. I'm not saying all of them are innocent though, because here are some horny gullible professors:
https://www.thecut.com/2019/07/bruce-hay-paternity-trap-maria-pia-shuman-mischa-haider.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/magazine/the-professor-the-bikini-model-and-the-suitcase-full-of-trouble.html

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 10, 2019

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

colachute posted:

Same thought here. There's been an awful lot of prominent scientists etc who sat down and had lunch with him, I have no loving sympathy. I remember rumours about Epstein going around when I was a teenager in the 90s, you should have known the score.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Marcellus Wallace about to go on rampage

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Wasabi the J posted:

GODDAMN IT.

Post the quote.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Suicide Watch posted:

The guy preyed on the academic and intellectual elite though–I could see pre-2008 going to a fundraiser or event with him, and then leading to a flight on his private jet and getting coerced into weird massage stuff, but post-2008 there's really no excuse, people have had to know.

e: you really think these top experts in their fields had the time to do comprehensive due diligence? They probably thought it was a meeting with just another science-curious philanthropic finance guy that could lead to funding opportunities so they could do more research. Academics can be really focussed and single-minded, that's nothing new. I'm not saying all of them are innocent though, because here are some horny gullible professors:
https://www.thecut.com/2019/07/bruce-hay-paternity-trap-maria-pia-shuman-mischa-haider.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/magazine/the-professor-the-bikini-model-and-the-suitcase-full-of-trouble.html

Don’t care. I’m not taking chances. If you knew him and spent time with him, you’re a pedo. I don’t give a gently caress about due diligence or due process on this one. This is where I draw the “well, actually...” line.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

colachute posted:

Don’t care. I’m not taking chances. If you knew him and spent time with him, you’re a pedo. I don’t give a gently caress about due diligence or due process on this one. This is where I draw the “well, actually...” line.

Before 2000? Would you have declined meeting the president of the US too?

Be careful applying current knowledge to those that could not have known this in the past.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

hobbesmaster posted:

Before 2000? Would you have declined meeting the president of the US too?

“Well, actually, here is why he’s not a pedo....” isn’t going to work on me dude. I don’t give a gently caress.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

hobbesmaster posted:

Having a minor give him a foot massage. The Pulp Fiction Lemma is the problem.

[Insert pedocure joke here]

Also,
1. Now that he's dead, Epstein is legally not guilty of the (new) charges.
2 The civil lawsuits can proceed, they're just now going to be against his estate.
3. Absent some extremely weird fact pattern, only Epstein could object to the evidence from the search of his properties as being the result of an illegal search. Even if he won a motion to suppress the evidence, it would still be admissible (WRT the illegal search) against anyone else. This applies whether he's live or dead.
4. Civil forfeiture is still 100% legal. It's only excessive forfeitures that might be illegal. Such cases are against property, not people, so Epstein's death won't change anything there. Under the new excessive forfeiture case, the government's case will be harder to make. And if the government won, it would reduce the assets available to pay victims in the civil suits (if they win)

e: drat you and your footblocking, EBB.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 10, 2019

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

colachute posted:

Better 1000 innocent men be locked up than one guilty one go free, right?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

colachute posted:

“Well, actually, here is why he’s not a pedo....” isn’t going to work on me dude. I don’t give a gently caress.

Yes thats my point. Would you have declined meeting the sitting president of the united states in 1997-2000 time frame? Even if you received federal funds?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Chichevache posted:

Better 1000 innocent men be locked up than one guilty one go free, right?

1000 rich white men? 950 of them are probably guilty of some poo poo. Im cool with it.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

hobbesmaster posted:

Yes thats my point. Would you have declined meeting the sitting president of the united states in 1997-2000 time frame? Even if you received federal funds?

Would I have declined to fly on the pedo plane to meet the pedo prez?

If im in the situation to have that option, I probably know. So yeah, I would.

You have zero chance of convincing me that anyone associated with him didn’t know, so don’t even try.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

colachute posted:

Seems like a rational and well thought out decision making process.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

You have as much chance convincing me that people associated with Epstein has no idea as you do convincing me that all trump supporters aren’t racist.

You know, you’re probably right. There’s probably a few that are good people (both sides, both sides).

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Yeah the Simpsons is truly the greatest show that just wouldn't die. There is no denying the cultural influences it had on an entire generation but I don't know anyone who has watched an episode in the last 20 years.

I watch every new episode when it airs. :shobon:

I’ve been watching for 30 years.

This Epstein stuff is loving... well Wasabi The J said it best.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

A not very good simpsons is still better than 99% of the crap you could spend that half hour watching :)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I’ve been watching for 30 years.

This Epstein stuff is loving... well Wasabi The J said it best.

I catch one every once in a while and the newer ones seem pretty solid. There was probably like a solid 15 year rough patch though.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

ugh nvm

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Unless more comes out about Matt Groening grabbing that sweet-sw-sw-SWEET CAN I’m gonna say that having gross feet is like a full .01 on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is “I’m totally on board with raping teenagers.” If anything else comes out putting him beyond a 1 I’d say he deserves to be in the same ditch that Epstein and everyone else closer to his orbit should be buried in. Wealth and power breed strange bedfellows, some of whom deserve the loving guillotine and others who find themselves in their orbit with no idea how they got there.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i'm so livid about this whole thing. i understand some people think it isn't fair that someone who created a loving television show they like is implicated in this whole thing, so you gotta jump through hoops to justify why he isn't a piece of poo poo, but i don't buy it.

if trump had only hung out with epstein until 2008 and then never again, and only got foot massages, you wouldn't buy it either. you would jump through hoops to justify why he was involved. or even someone who doesn't have a rapey reputation, like kushner or someone. you'd connect dots that weren't there to say why he's a pedo.

i don't change my loving mind because someone made a loving tv show i like. stop doing what loving republicans about obama vs someone they like and apply your principles evenly.

jesus christ, these are kids that matt groening makes his loving tv show for.

gently caress you.

colachute fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 10, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

gently caress it, probate me. i'm too angry to post. sorry for snapping at everyone, but i mean what i said, i just can't say it without wanting to punch a hole through someone. i haven't been this angry in a long long loving time.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

colachute posted:

i'm so livid about this whole thing. i understand some people think it isn't fair that someone who created a loving television show they like is implicated in this whole thing, so you gotta jump through hoops to justify why he isn't a piece of poo poo, but i don't buy it.

if trump had only hung out with epstein until 2008 and then never again, and only got foot massages, you wouldn't buy it either. you would jump through hoops to justify why he was involved. or even someone who doesn't have a rapey reputation, like kushner or someone. you'd connect dots that weren't there to say why he's a pedo.

i don't change my loving mind because someone made a loving tv show i like. stop doing what loving republicans about obama vs someone they like and apply your principles evenly.

jesus christ, these are kids that matt groening makes his loving tv show for.

gently caress you.

I understand you're really upset and frustrated right now. Today is saturday. You should probably go outside and try to enjoy your weekend. Maybe smoke some weed or something.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hexyflexy posted:

A not very good simpsons is still better than 99% of the crap you could spend that half hour watching :)

This isn't remotely true and hasn't been for years. Source: I also watch every new Simpsons episode

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That said at the very best if it was kept to foot massage, don't have children rub your feet Matt, you gross weirdo. God that's weird

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Chichevache posted:

Post the quote.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The bit where he draws Bart for her or whatever is really fuckin sordid

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The entire chapter around that is wild it starts on page page 721. https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6250471/Epstein-Docs.pdf
This is in 2001 if I'm following correctly.

This occurred almost twenty years ago - thats how long Epstein was getting away with this.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Suicide Watch posted:

Holy poo poo those two crazy cunts in that first story have some serious issues. How the hell aren't they bankrupt from lawsuits, god only knows.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

But Clinton is gonna survive this...

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If some creepy rich guy pressures you to do creepy poo poo with a young looking girl you say NO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm kind of struggling with how I feel about his co-conspirators getting off. On the one hand, several of them were recruited into the sex trade by him as young women and are victims in their own right. On the other hand, turning around and helping to grow and operate that enterprise later on as a willing participant and thus knowingly contributing suffering of other young women is pretty unforgivable regardless of your past.