Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

nothin like bombin bath salts with the bros

That was actually a "get hookers to poo poo through a hole in the hammock onto his face" reference.

Wasn't that MacAfee? I don't actually want to google this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

that's called a deli slicer btw

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you need to swing back and forth as you do it

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Sorry about earlier. I’m stressed, angry, and frustrated. And I I’ve finally realized we are just in a hopeless situation. This is just the world we live in. If we are lucky, we might figure it out just in time for us to finally kill the planet. But I doubt it.

This is all affecting me on a more visceral level than anything else since 2015. I’ve been getting angrier and angrier about it every day. Sexually abusing children is the quickest way for me to go nuclear, probably because of my own history.

I’m going to take a break for a bit.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

colachute posted:

Sorry about earlier. I’m stressed, angry, and frustrated. And I I’ve finally realized we are just in a hopeless situation. This is just the world we live in. If we are lucky, we might figure it out just in time for us to finally kill the planet. But I doubt it.

This is all affecting me on a more visceral level than anything else since 2015. I’ve been getting angrier and angrier about it every day. Sexually abusing children is the quickest way for me to go nuclear, probably because of my own history.

Hey man it’s cool. Give Monty a hug for me.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LingcodKilla posted:

Hey man it’s cool. Give Monty a hug for me.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

colachute posted:

Kedah says feel better and relax

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Pet the kitties

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

colachute posted:

stop reading the trump thread lol it breaks your brain

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Melthir posted:

Pet the kitties

This is a trap

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

not caring here posted:

This is a trap

Nah, he thinks hes a dog. Like legit. Him growing up side by side with Ratchet has broke his little cat brain.

Melthir fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 11, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

long ear moo dogge loves you

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Lando loves you and everyone else posting ITT

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Luca loves this jerky almost as much as he loves you

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
This grumpy bastard wants everyone ITT to hug your dogs or cats. It will be ok.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’m going to avoid current events but I’ll contribute to the pet posting.

colachute fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 11, 2019

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

colachute posted:

I appreciate the dog rocking the red rocket with a fry in his nose.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

colachute posted:

Is Monty a specific breed or is he a mix? I’ve always wondered, thought I’d ask. He has very soulful eyes. A+ pupper.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

That whole klan is as rotten as they come and wholly representative of the typical american christian

I'll say it. Christianity has to go away. Religion has to go away. Sky wizard is not coming to save us.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Tell attentive cat about your day. She's here to listen and later will sleep on your lap.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

EBB posted:

I'll say it. Christianity has to go away. Religion has to go away. Sky wizard is not coming to save us.

Unfortunately, until you have something better than the sky wizard's offer of "eternal paradise", the rubes are going to keep believing in them.

This is where my pet would go, if I had one :shobon:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Beans doesn't care about your problems.

Frank's down for a hug. And pets that help shed hair, because the furminator strikes fear in his heart for no reason.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm really just imagining last week's cabal meeting. "Look people, one of you jumped the gun and I'm not gonna name names Jeff, but we can't kill him yet. We don't need to Walter White this."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

god dammit matt groening better not have anything else besides weirdo footrub

i just remember i quoted homer for my high school yearbook

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwUk19cWarI

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

wtf awful app weirdness

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Weirdo footrub by a captive teenage sex slave

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

right? jfc i hate everything

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don’t know what the hell the deal is with this foot rub business, but I honestly hope for the sake of those girls that if true only that foot rub happened. That’s awful and weird enough. Of course this is the worst timeline sooooo.. :(

Weirdly enough though he pulled an episode of the simpsons from syndication and online platforms that featured Michael Jackson after he watched leaving neverland. This was recently, too. The episode was 27 seasons ago, and nobody was demanding it disappear to my knowledge.

Hopefully, maybe, possibly, most likely very unlikely, Epstein’s confederates weren’t all pedophiles.

I’m not gonna lie there’s a significant part of my brain that’s just going “Goddamit Matt Groening is a pedophile isn’t he?” just because he got on a private jet with Epstein and underage girls. That alone is sufficient for me to pop off tbqh. But then I’d expect some kind of accusation or evidence that he diddled girls, and that just doesn’t really exist yet. Key word is yet, I guess.

Man gently caress 2019.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

I've been reading these threads forever, and only just put together that your pets are 'Frank and Beans.'

I have nothing else to contribute, save to say that that realization provided a nice, if temporary oasis for the amount of time it took to figure it out.

EDIT:

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I’m not gonna lie there’s a significant part of my brain that’s just going “Goddamit Matt Groening is a pedophile isn’t he?” just because he got on a private jet with Epstein and underage girls. That alone is sufficient for me to pop off tbqh. But then I’d expect some kind of accusation or evidence that he diddled girls, and that just doesn’t really exist yet. Key word is yet, I guess.

'Yet' is always the unfortunate key word in all of this. It's a lot easier to deal with the backlash of that kind of thing privately, and pray that you never have to give your story. Women and men dealing with the backlash of having been sexually abused by a public figure need only look to the response to Trump/Cosby/etc's accusers and realize that coming forward just isn't worth it. If there's a story out there, it'll surface-- eventually. But it might end up being some death bed confession put forward by a woman that just does not want (and should not have) to deal with being Public Enemy #1 for weeks on end, with her lifestyle, motivations, and sexual history constantly questioned and torn apart for signs that she might be a gold-digging liar.

So, yeah, like-- 2019 sucks. But, on this front, poo poo's always sucked. 1999, 2009, 2019-- same story, different year.

Thing is, yeah, bottom line, just being on the plane is bad enough. It's still enabling(/accepting/tacitly approving) behaviour that, in the back of their minds, they know is dead loving wrong. Even the most empathy-deficient fuckhead in the world can identify that 'something about this situation is amiss,' especially if they chose to stay silent about their participation in its existence. The correct answer, on Groening's part, would have been to decline any and all offers throughout the flight, and get immediately on the phone to anyone who cared to listen that poo poo is loving weird on the pedo express. But he didn't. Chalk it up to fear, chalk it up to the dead and blunted sense of humanity that comes with a windfall of cash and some stardom, chalk it up to whatever you like-- even the most 'innocent' of recipients had a chance to do the right thing, and didn't.

I won't go on some tear about what means with regards to the overall view of women and teenage girls - the reports speak for themselves, in that regard - but I will say that it speaks worlds of Groening's character that he saw this, participated in it, and chose to maintain his silence.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 11, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

p. much

after roseanne got the boot i was pretty angry with her, then angry at myself bc she's talked openly about her schizophrenia before, it its like of course she went nuts on twitter.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/roseanne-personalities-tough/story?id=103650 was the closest, Esquire did an interview w/ her in 2001 about it, just had to make sure it wasnt something i attributes to her mistakenly.

my family grew up watching the old show together, and I still love it. Simpsons was the same way- my parents were big fans of the tracy ullman show, and we watched it as a family.

i remembered growing up that there were tons of kids not allowed to watch the simpsons, and always felt cool that I was allowed to, and had a Bart-Man poster on my wall.

my parents were massive letterman fans too, so Mike Judge got a pass when Beavis and Butt-Head were controversial too.

only show my mom had issues with was ren and stimpy, weirdly enough. then again john k turned out to be a pedophile too so yeah gently caress everything

but yeah idk how the heck im gonna feel if im gonna have to do with the simpsons what i've already had to do with roseanne

and of course teenage girls got raped by billionaires which makes me feel lovely for caring about any of that stuff

so yeah gently caress 2019

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 11, 2019

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Here's Mochi and Colby looking at some ducks that landed next door. Jindo get huge, BTW.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

What

Are there more white shepherds in gip?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Not exactly, Colby on the left is mostly Jindo (South Koreas national dog) , Mochi on the right is Pungsang (North Korean breed) Jindo mix.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

p. much

after roseanne got the boot i was pretty angry with her, then angry at myself bc she's talked openly about her schizophrenia before, it its like of course she went nuts on twitter.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/roseanne-personalities-tough/story?id=103650 was the closest, Esquire did an interview w/ her in 2001 about it, just had to make sure it wasnt something i attributes to her mistakenly.

my family grew up watching the old show together, and I still love it. Simpsons was the same way- my parents were big fans of the tracy ullman show, and we watched it as a family.

i remembered growing up that there were tons of kids not allowed to watch the simpsons, and always felt cool that I was allowed to, and had a Bart-Man poster on my wall.

my parents were massive letterman fans too, so Mike Judge got a pass when Beavis and Butt-Head were controversial too.

only show my mom had issues with was ren and stimpy, weirdly enough. then again john k turned out to be a pedophile too so yeah gently caress everything

but yeah idk how the heck im gonna feel if im gonna have to do with the simpsons what i've already had to do with roseanne

and of course teenage girls got raped by billionaires which makes me feel lovely for caring about any of that stuff

so yeah gently caress 2019

Multiple Personality Disorder != Schizophrenia. Very different illnesses that require different interventions, treatment, therapy, and medication.

Roseanne has MPD. She cray cray.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

nullscan posted:

Not exactly, Colby on the left is mostly Jindo (South Koreas national dog) , Mochi on the right is Pungsang (North Korean breed) Jindo mix.

Oh man they're like scaled down Luca's

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

nullscan posted:

North Korea South Korea unity dog family

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Multiple Personality Disorder != Schizophrenia. Very different illnesses that require different interventions, treatment, therapy, and medication.

Roseanne has MPD. She cray cray.

she is

i did feel for Norm MacDonald, whose first job in show business was writing on her show. He tried to come out after it all and try to calm it down a bit, but maybe trying to replace calling something "retarded" with "have to have down syndrome" in an attempt to be more PC is.....flawed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Laverne and Shirley send their love to whoever wants it.