Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Been a while since I have heard eddie do commentary and it’s still loving trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Been a while since I have heard eddie do commentary and it’s still loving trash.

He aint so bad, he doesnt really barrack for any specific side unlike that fuckwit Healy.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Stuv :allears:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Another drubbing

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

It's really gonna suck when he goes to Geelong next year :/

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 11, 2019

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

monolithburger posted:

It's really gonna suck when he goes to Geelong next year :/

Yeah but I kinda just want him to be happy at this point. He's given us a fantastic career and him playing great footy before he goes only increases his trade value.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Got the spoon pretty well locked up now. Up the Suns, bitch.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Weird how in order to make way for Jamie Cripps the Eagles dropped Cameron, who is good, instead of Jake Waterman, who is crap

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Liam Ryan owns and whoever said he was poo poo back at the start of the season is wrong on so many levels.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Umps giving the tigers a mark and goal after the siren is the perfect summery of the umpiring today.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hmm I expected the Crows to be losing by more in Perth. Are they playing well?

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Oh man Dermy is gonna cream his pants if Darling does another thing

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Chairchucker posted:

Hmm I expected the Crows to be losing by more in Perth. Are they playing well?

It's more that the Eagles aren't finishing great.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Adelaide played well though. Matt Crouch had 43 touches, 8 marks and 4 tackles.

But yeah, 63 Inside 50's should have been a bigger score but Adelaide managed to pick it up and run the other end and score a lot of the time.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Darlings been killing it the second half of this season

Allen and Waterman with 3 each as well

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Adelaide defended very well, and were generally efficient once they got forward. Fogarty had a great game, he should have been playing all year long.

Our problem was the usual defence-to-midfield transition that we always struggle with. If teams shut us down we either just bomb in hope, or switch endlessly with no effort made upfield to create an opportunity to break free.

Far from our worst effort though. Honestly, probably our best effort in over a month.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

snaeksikn posted:

Weird how in order to make way for Jamie Cripps the Eagles dropped Cameron, who is good, instead of Jake Waterman, who is crap

Probably giving him a rest before finals.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

cmndstab posted:

Fogarty had a great game, he should have been playing all year long.

I saw him play once early in the season and quickly decided he was my new favourite, and I've not seen him again. Hope he gets to stay on the squad now.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The main reason he hasn't been in all year is fitness, doesn't have the tank to keep making repeat leads while still chasing and making the second efforts, Pavlich pointed it out a few times during the game.

Otherwise he's great, throws himself and anyone in reach around, and has the purest goal kicking action

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 12, 2019

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Going to Rough's last game (in which we manage to lose to Gold Coast)

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
At least he's getting one last run. Fare thee well you magnificent beast.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Stringer has apparently hurt his hamstring at training to add to an already completely hosed injury list

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Probably did it chasing after a school bus

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
that's our basil!

https://twitter.com/patbcaruana/status/1160895715221991426

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Probably did it chasing after a school bus

lol

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Sandipants has retired

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-13/aaron-sandilands-retires-fremantle-dockers-farewell-ruck-veteran/11409516

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Nice to see he’s choosing to retire against Zac Clarke. Gonna be the most dominant last match by someone ever played!

Edit: well, not last match but last home match I assume

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

quote:

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan has urged Stephen Coniglio to stay at GWS.

Coniglio is out of contract at season’s end and has been strongly linked to a move to Carlton or Hawthorn.

However, the chief of the competition would like to see the midfielder remain with the Giants.

“Yeah I would (be disappointed if Coniglio left GWS),” McLachlan told Sportsday.

“Certainly myadvice is that’s not a given (reports that Coniglio is leaving).

“I think he is a star player and I know he’s a leader of that club and I know him a bit personally and he’s a fabulous person and I’ll be explicit, I want him there.

“I’d love him to stay.”

Channel Seven’s Mark Stevens reported last week that Coniglio was leaning towards leaving the Giants and joining Carlton.

Nah gently caress off Gil.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I mean I don't want him to go to Carlton or Hawthorn either because I don't want either of those clubs to have a modicum more success than where they're currently at. But jesus christ, Gill, you're not Vince McMahon writing the script to how you want your fake sport to unfold

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

thepokey posted:

I mean I don't want him to go to Carlton or Hawthorn either because I don't want either of those clubs to have a modicum more success than where they're currently at. But jesus christ, Gill, you're not Vince McMahon writing the script to how you want your fake sport to unfold

It's worked up until now, more or less

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

drunkill posted:

Nah gently caress off Gil.

Say no comment Gil, it’s none of your loving business

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

It's worked up until now, more or less

AFLX? GWS or GCS with no flag by 2019? 6-6-6 being a flop? Wouldn't really call any of those going to his script?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Has anything Gil done, or has been done under the Gil administration actually been a success? I can't think of anything. Vlad Dimetrio's reign is looking better and better...

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

thepokey posted:

AFLX? GWS or GCS with no flag by 2019? 6-6-6 being a flop? Wouldn't really call any of those going to his script?

I think he’s referring to 2017...

thepokey posted:

Nice to see he’s choosing to retire against Zac Clarke. Gonna be the most dominant last match by someone ever played!

Edit: well, not last match but last home match I assume

Z Clarke having to ruck against Sandi and Darcy, gonna end up with 0 hit outs.

Sad to Sandi retire, always loved watching him play especially when he had a good midfield around him. And to top it off he’s a good bloke whose gonna go run his landscaping business post footy.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

thepokey posted:

AFLX being mishandled has sucked, GWS certainly has gotten close (and to the final four) in recent years so I'd say that's not really his fault, but 6-6-6 being a flop is definitely underrated IMO. Scoring is down versus last year, which is a shame, and it's either coincidental or causal, and I think it's the latter.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Spedman posted:

Z Clarke having to ruck against Sandi and Darcy, gonna end up with 0 hit outs.

Excuse me? Whoa whoa whoa, lets not sell Clarke short here, he'll get plenty of hit outs of his own ..... all to Freo's midfielders

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

monolithburger posted:

Has anything Gil done, or has been done under the Gil administration actually been a success? I can't think of anything. Vlad Dimetrio's reign is looking better and better...

AFLW? Although that seems from some quarters to have been something they were pushed into.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Sacking Gil wont help. The whole place needs to be cleaned out for there to be any significant change in quality in the running and decision making of the AFL.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

gay picnic defence posted:

AFLW? Although that seems from some quarters to have been something they were pushed into.
AFLW was a no-brainer but they certainly haven't organised it well after the first season, at least AFLX is dead and the BBL finishes early February so the boys club don't have an excuse to sideline it next year.

(They will)

The Deadly Hume fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

harperdc posted:

t 6-6-6 being a flop is definitely underrated IMO. Scoring is down versus last year, which is a shame, and it's either coincidental or causal, and I think it's the latter.

Meh, its a decent sized structural change to the game. Its going to take coaches and players a few years to wrap their heads around it and work out how best to use it to win games. I think a lot of coaches immediately went more defensive and that dragged the scores down a bit, but teams will adapt. Just gotta give them some time to work it out.