Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
This was taken mid day yesterday during the hottest summer on record

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow. They invented the only thing worse than making them wear a costume and spinning a sign

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Rotate your pictures if you want them to be seen.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Maybe those are air conditioned suits

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

The Nastier Nate posted:

Looks like a sex thing.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Accretionist posted:

Looks like a sex thing.

I’m sure their kink is baking in the August sun for $8/hour

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

If there's one thing that won't make me want to use your business it's having it be advertised by a gimp in full body suit baking in the summer

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Rotated as a public service

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

other people posted:

Fine, I'll be that guy.

I DON'T EVEN OWN A TV.
i assume computer monitors are eventually gonna fall to the advertise literally everywhere phenomenon unless you pay a huge markup

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

comedyblissoption posted:

i assume computer monitors are eventually gonna fall to the advertise literally everywhere phenomenon unless you pay a huge markup

TV with special offers

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

billion dollar idea: smart tv that detects when commercials are playing and inserts its own ads in place of the ones playing on the tv channel

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Just use a VPN with built in ad blocking

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Power users are always going to use a VPN or install gentoo on their phones or whatever, what matters is that all the olds and the non-computer nerds are going to suffer so that rich fucks get more money funnelled into their ad scams.

I'm looking forward to self-driving cars that make you watch commercials (with eye tracking) or they pull over.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

comedyblissoption posted:

Idiocracy was right again

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

T-man posted:

I'm looking forward to self-driving cars that make you watch commercials (with eye tracking) or they pull over. crash and kill you

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

bike tory posted:

I'm looking forward to self-driving cars that make you watch commercials (with eye tracking) or they pull over. crash and kill you

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Guys, Tesla is already a thing that exists

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

billion dollar idea: smart tv that detects when commercials are playing and inserts its own ads in place of the ones playing on the tv channel

tv that pauses your netflix to show ads

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I am very happy with the $15 TV (42" LG LCD) I bought at a charity furniture sale at my workplace. It's from 2010, so no stupid ads or "smart" nonsense or anything.

It goes well with my $75 receiver and $60 speakers.

And my $400 subwoofers :ssh:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Stevie Lee posted:

tv that pauses your netflix to show ads
Thank God Netflix already does that on its own.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

Municipal governments should have less restrictions on signage so there is less reliance on sentient, mobile signage

Alternatively, imo ditch car culture and pedestrianize everything

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Man Musk posted:

Municipal governments should have less restrictions on signage so there is less reliance on sentient, mobile signage

Alternatively, imo ditch car culture and pedestrianize everything

or just restrict all signs of any kind

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

It took me a while to figure out what seemed weird about old pictures from the Soviet Union but then I realized it's that there's no loving ads. Big cities like Kiev or Moscow, there's the occasional propaganda banner or mural or whatever, but not a single ad in sight, you can actually see the architecture and poo poo without having a layer of Coke ads plastered over it.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

:smith:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it's been over a decade since são paulo heavily restricted all outdoor advertising and banned billboards and it looks outstanding now

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

What the gently caress is this?

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1160464599734296577?s=21

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

To put it quite simply Blockchain Mama© will allow you to privitize your DRM balanced digital assets with an enhanced secure online event through cryptographic key management. Dual Expression reward recognition using the game's internal wallet storage system will allow players a subtley different experience using unique IDs managed directly through the third party certificate system included in the games Private-Key Enabled Balanced DRM so that participation can be tracked while maintaining privacy.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

now I can dry fruit using my rig in game as I get brain damage in real life!!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean we're already basically getting the brain damage, right?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

failed state

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
today a security guard told me to not lock my bike up against a pole against a wall against a building he didnt guard and all i did was laugh

he repeated himself louder and i kept giggling

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siljmonster posted:

today a security guard told me to not lock my bike up against a pole against a wall against a building he didnt guard and all i did was laugh

he repeated himself louder and i kept giggling

i kind of miss being a security guard because i just straight up actively did the opposite of my job and would gladly tell the rich people in el dorado hills that whatever they're talking about isnt my job and that im on my lunch break so can you gently caress off? boss made me kick a homeless guy out of the park while it was open even though he was doing nothing but charging his phone, on an outdoor outlet that literally had a sign saying to use it if you needed it. he said it was because one of the parks board members told him to but you know. anyway some lady at an auction fundraiser for some bullshit horse rally (lmfao) got VERY pissed at me for that and it was like. jesus i cant win with you loving rich people, im either a bastard for not doing my job or i'm a bastard for doing it.

anyway i dont recommend working as even a minor class traitor, its not fun

Larry Parrish has issued a correction as of 06:42 on Aug 12, 2019

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

sorry honey, I could only afford the handgun insert.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Larry Parrish posted:

i kind of miss being a security guard because i just straight up actively did the opposite of my job and would gladly tell the rich people in el dorado hills that whatever they're talking about isnt my job and that im on my lunch break so can you gently caress off? boss made me kick a homeless guy out of the park while it was open even though he was doing nothing but charging his phone, on an outdoor outlet that literally had a sign saying to use it if you needed it. he said it was because one of the parks board members told him to but you know. anyway some lady at an auction fundraiser for some bullshit horse rally (lmfao) got VERY pissed at me for that and it was like. jesus i cant win with you loving rich people, im either a bastard for not doing my job or i'm a bastard for doing it.

anyway i dont recommend working as even a minor class traitor, its not fun

Being a barback/security is fun but only the petite borgeiousie (and upwards) lose their smooth brained poo poo in bars for minor things

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

got any sevens posted:

or just restrict all signs of any kind

They did that in my hometown and peeps just bought cheapo vans with a really loud wrap for their nude cleaning service/crappy retail/etc businesses and parked it along busy streets for days at a time so thinking that humans are quite adaptable to their environment

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
is it illegal to tow vehicles where you live because if a car parked for several days where I live it'd be in a crusher by day 3

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
that reminds me that the Uber/Lyft jitney cabs have gone full taxi as I saw one the other day with an electronic ad display on the roof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

CommonShore posted:

I have a non smart TV which gets used maybe once per week. This thread has made me realize that Roku is gonna go out of business and brick all of their devices before long, so my options will be to a) get cable, b) get a new tv, c) get one of those illegal streaming ghost box things.

:filez:

Get a streamy stick like the goog one or the amazon one (or I'm sure some slightly less evil company probably makes one too, idk) and then just stream stuff from a computer