Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I find Flayn intensely irritating and hate being forced to have her on my roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Where can I find check the class mastery progress for my units? I've seen it in battle but I can't find it elsewhere. I'm at the "decide what to do for the day" screen.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

JBP posted:

I find Flayn intensely irritating and hate being forced to have her on my roster.

Flayn's actually pretty funny in her supports. She loves fish, shouting, and constantly hinting at her true identity.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Wildtortilla posted:

Where can I find check the class mastery progress for my units? I've seen it in battle but I can't find it elsewhere. I'm at the "decide what to do for the day" screen.
you can view your currently equipped class if you choose to open the certification menu or the reclass menu, it's at the very top of the list
you'd think it'd be on the status page proper, but no

Miftan posted:

What route engages with flayn/seteth/rhea the most? I just finished blue lions and got nothing but teases, which is all I expected from that storyline. I assume both the BE routes?
Golden Deer. Claude has a thing about discovering secrets.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
https://twitter.com/Ran_gut/status/1156732564113166337

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

JBP posted:

I have good news for you if you’re playing on Classic - you can trim your roster almost however you like :)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I have good news for you if you’re playing on Classic - you can trim your roster almost however you like :)

I think it's time for Flayn to test her mettle in the crucible of single combat.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm wondering if there's a JPN VA no commentary LP of this game other than the one w/Black Hawks route? I don't own a switch but I'm interested but so far every LP is ENG only :sigh:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Eimi posted:

So speaking of paired endings it's kind of poo poo for Lysithea. It sucks that you have to pair Lysithea up with specific people otherwise she dies early. >:| Her sad endings are touching but like, real dick move not helping her unless you marry her Lindhardt. At least her and Hanneman isn't romantic. Her endings with Felix and Ignatz are super touching but I don't want my girl to die young when it's preventable.

super late but for her S rank/paired ending with byleth it gets fixed? somehow? like she tells byleth she can feel that she no longer has either of her crests as a result of his efforts (which i, the player, was not privy to) in the S rank support convo, and then their ending says she got to live a long life with him

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Aug 11, 2019

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

My Blyeth might not ever grind sword up enough to pass the Swordmaster certification. I’m on month 12 and she is level 26. Everyone else is advancing to the level 20 classes but she is stuck on a 31% chance and failure for months.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Asnorban posted:

My Blyeth might not ever grind sword up enough to pass the Swordmaster certification. I’m on month 12 and she is level 26. Everyone else is advancing to the level 20 classes but she is stuck on a 31% chance and failure for months.

there's, uh, reasons you probably won't ever have to worry about the swordmaster certification for byleth

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I need advice:

I'm on my first playthrough of the game, Black Eagles. I'm coming up to The Choice.

When I was playing on my own, I decided that I would side with Edelgard without hesitation. I like her, and the idea of going against the church sounded really cool.

But then I'm seeing people say that the Church route is canon or whatever, and that I should play Edelgard last, if I do it at all. So now I'm at a crossroads. Should I just side with her since that was my first choice?

If I reload a save, how long will the second half of the game take? I'm not crazy about redoing support conversations on the other routes.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wait is there discussion of a “canon” route

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I need advice:

I'm on my first playthrough of the game, Black Eagles. I'm coming up to The Choice.

When I was playing on my own, I decided that I would side with Edelgard without hesitation. I like her, and the idea of going against the church sounded really cool.

But then I'm seeing people say that the Church route is canon or whatever, and that I should play Edelgard last, if I do it at all. So now I'm at a crossroads. Should I just side with her since that was my first choice?

If I reload a save, how long will the second half of the game take? I'm not crazy about redoing support conversations on the other routes.
I have no idea where you read this but it's dumb

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Just want to throw out a big gently caress you to Petra's paralogue mission.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Your Computer posted:

I have no idea where you read this but it's dumb

it's just like comments and some article or whatever, I realize it's pretty dumb, but I hate the idea of making the wrong choice. I would like to play through all of the routes eventually, but I'm worried I'll get tired of the game.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
There is no canon route, all routes have a viewpoint and reveal different things of the events leading up to what happens after time skip.

If you feel like getting bored with the game, pace yourself. There will be DLC and updates released every few months until April next year so play a route now and play more later when new stuff is published.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Smirking_Serpent posted:

it's just like comments and some article or whatever, I realize it's pretty dumb, but I hate the idea of making the wrong choice. I would like to play through all of the routes eventually, but I'm worried I'll get tired of the game.
there's no wrong choice

I went that route for the same reason you posted, and I definitely don't regret it (it did make me even more curious about the other routes tho, and I'm definitely playing through more)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I need advice:

Some big YouTube dude did a playthrough where he picked what you've read is the "canon" route and he was harassed for it, oh no you did the wrong thing, so just chill, there is no perfect golden ending to find.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

yeah you're probably right. I get that you can't see everything in one playthrough.

How have you guys enjoyed new game plus? Does it feel like a slog doing all of the supports and monastery stuff over again, or is it a lot quicker the second or third time around?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It goes by pretty fast for part 1 since you can just beeline to the quest givers.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Alder posted:

I'm wondering if there's a JPN VA no commentary LP of this game other than the one w/Black Hawks route? I don't own a switch but I'm interested but so far every LP is ENG only :sigh:

I can't imagine having the japanese voices on for the first fully voiced FE.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

super late but for her S rank/paired ending with byleth it gets fixed? somehow? like she tells byleth she can feel that she no longer has either of her crests as a result of his efforts (which i, the player, was not privy to) in the S rank support convo, and then their ending says she got to live a long life with him

My impression is that on the Edelgard route, Lysthea loses both her crests due to plot reasons. Is this the route you took?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Judge Tesla posted:

I can't imagine having the japanese voices on for the first fully voiced FE.

they're good, op

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There had to have been a way to have this monastery thing not take longer than most missions it's like an hour and a half school twenty minutes game play

At least the writing and voice acting is mostly good

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Your Computer posted:

they're good, op
I can't understand japanese

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Some voices are better in japanese (Ingrid), some are worse (Bernie, Flayn)

Dorathea doesn't sing in japanese

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I do wish the levels were a lot better in this. They're not full on bad, but a lot of them are unfortunately rather generic. The paralouges are all universally good in some fashion, but if the map doesn't have some actual non-rout/commander objective to it it tends to be an exercise in baiting the enemy pod with your sturdy unit, mercing it, continuing on. The biggest difficult spikes are when fliers come in simply because they can just appear anywhere and hit like trucks. Generic battles are, of course, super generic too as a result.

Coming off conquest's whacky bullshit, I do wish there were a few maps with more going on. Heck, Hilda's paralouge was simple but effective.

RBA Starblade posted:

There had to have been a way to have this monastery thing not take longer than most missions it's like an hour and a half school twenty minutes game play

hold b to run my dude

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Dorathea doesn't sing in japanese

turns out japan is bad

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Annette's creepity creep song remains the best.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Annette owns

Gamerofthegame posted:

I do wish the levels were a lot better in this. They're not full on bad, but a lot of them are unfortunately rather generic. The paralouges are all universally good in some fashion, but if the map doesn't have some actual non-rout/commander objective to it it tends to be an exercise in baiting the enemy pod with your sturdy unit, mercing it, continuing on. The biggest difficult spikes are when fliers come in simply because they can just appear anywhere and hit like trucks. Generic battles are, of course, super generic too as a result.

Coming off conquest's whacky bullshit, I do wish there were a few maps with more going on. Heck, Hilda's paralouge was simple but effective.

hold b to run my dude

I am!

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Skippy McPants posted:

Speaking of, can you decline someone's request to join your class and then still recruit them later?

Yes you can, but iirc you have to wait until the next month before it will let you recruit them again.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

I mean it’s as long as you make it

The quests are the same all month so you don’t have to do all of them the same day (some of them take time up anyway)

You could beeline for the lunchroom and eat 6 meals and do the one red quest at the end of the month

Right now where I am I have like... 3 quests that require me to devote a battle day too

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Arkeus posted:

My impression is that on the Edelgard route, Lysthea loses both her crests due to plot reasons. Is this the route you took?

Nope Golden Deer; I guess it builds on their A support but I’m still left out of the loop as to particulars as to how Byleth helps her get rid of her crests

here’s the ending for reference

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the fact that lysithea's battle to victory ratio isn't 1:1 there is a crime

also

https://twitter.com/hasuyawwn/status/1159703866377551872

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
between alois/shamir, raphael/ignatz and felix's paralogue, which gives the best reward? I can only do two, unfortunately.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Tired Moritz posted:

between alois/shamir, raphael/ignatz and felix's paralogue, which gives the best reward? I can only do two, unfortunately.

Felix iirc gets you a badass shield as its best reward, Raphael/Ignatz has an extra large bullion and weapons, Alois/Shamir gives Angelic Robe

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I’m just now realizing that there's essentially no reason to go Holy Knight over Dark Knight if you have the option. The Tomefaires only affect offensive spells, and every character's Reason spell list is better than their Faith one.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Zoran posted:

I’m just now realizing that there's essentially no reason to go Holy Knight over Dark Knight if you have the option. The Tomefaires only affect offensive spells, and every character's Reason spell list is better than their Faith one.

I don’t know if there’s much of a reason to go Holy Knight over Bishop tbh. Any healer worth their salt has Physic and Holy Knight loses out on White Magic Uses x2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ROFL Octopus posted:

I don’t know if there’s much of a reason to go Holy Knight over Bishop tbh. Any healer worth their salt has Physic and Holy Knight loses out on White Magic Uses x2.

+3 move mostly.