Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Kela De Thaym needs to be the new Lotus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
The buoy is easier to jump onto IMO

Edit:
Dog Days: very bad(in practice; concept is fine)

High Kela: very good

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Dog Days is fine and fun, running it a million times because otherwise your OCD kicks in and you get the shakes and you start hearing voices urging you to kill, kill, KILL is not good and against praxis.

I hope next year they add a pool noodle melee weapon, and make the squirt guns and the pool noodle purchasable weapons.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Yeah, I played to the main reward in the alert and it was a fun little diversion. What possesses people to beat a dead horse, then beat the guy who threw out the body and his son too, is utterly beyond me and not really a fair criticism of the horse.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tulip posted:

What possesses people to beat a dead horse, then beat the guy who threw out the body and his son too, is utterly beyond me and not really a fair criticism of the horse.
hopefully we will find out soon, in the duviri paradox

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Upon arriving in the paradox you are granted max reputation, all weapons and mods, and all the new Warframe blueprints, and then you have to stay in the paradox and grind until you earned them or else a Corpus researcher on a K-drive screams at you about your family all fading away and Biff Tenno marrying your mother and there's cowboys everywhere for some reason.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Is the Hek worth using my first Catalyst on? I switched to it after levelling the Boltor and it just deletes things.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Dr Snofeld posted:

Is the Hek worth using my first Catalyst on? I switched to it after levelling the Boltor and it just deletes things.

Yes, absolutely.

Both because catalysts aren't really that scarce of a resource in the long haul and because the Hek is the best gun you'll have access to for a long time (and a good gun period).

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Why people endlessly grind for completionism and fashion in this game about grinding for completionism and fashion is beyond me.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
This video explains a lot of it, or at least a parallel issue to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5pDEuXp_Ns

I'm sure the Duel Toxocyst and Knell are great guns when you can headshot like a champ, but uh...

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Awesome! posted:

weird. i have specifically looked before and after a run and my count did not change. yes i started the fight.

They show up in rewards if you get one back. It's inconsistent, I've seen them refunded and I've seen completed runs with no refund.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

oh boivan

dual tox all day every day

when I feel like because clearly that's too much effort in this game with kinda jerky enemies if you have a halfeay bad host

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

v1ld posted:

They show up in rewards if you get one back. It's inconsistent, I've seen them refunded and I've seen completed runs with no refund.

Did a run earlier.

https://imgur.com/a/DLvJSRG

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!
Does anybody know how much longer Nightwave is going to last? I'm at 20, and i have the option of doing a bunch of the catchup missions, but the reason i skipped them in the first place is I didn't want to do them

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We’re almost at the half way point

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!
Oh, dang. well, I guess I can be choosier now.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Which ones are you having issues with?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
With the exception of conservation and dailies, you can get rushed through any NW task on clan/Discord.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I just stopped playing the event after getting to 200 :shobon:

I just really actually like playing the mode. v:shobon:v It rewards my favorite birb zephyrs passives and aimglide movement, doesn't have armor, and rewards headshot skill with projectile weapons which i'm a sucker for (though i wish you could recolor the water projectile to improve its visibility).

There are a few rough edges that unfortunately mean you get better rewards - even outside of afk jesus spots - solo 1v3 over a frantic pub squad tdm - mostly bad netcode messing up the reliable timing of the initial headshot stun you can use for easy quick takedowns, and scoring only counting last hits instead of rewarding assists which leads to kill-stealing frustration. Pablo said on his stream yesterday that they actually wanted to reward assists on kills with pearls, but that would've required a core engine patch instead of just scripting updates and those have to go through console cert, meaning it couldn't make it in this year. Thanks consoles. Thonsoles.

On a sidenote: If you get lucky and get 2+ afk leechers in your pubsquad to boost spawnrate you can pretty easily grab 50+ kills, so 100 pearls per match. So DE accidentally made a scoring system that makes me actively happy to see idle farmers. A working assist reward or /players 4 command would still be preferable tho.

Granted, being able to expand my orbiter cockpit interior design kavat ballpit is a pretty nice bonus

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Aug 11, 2019

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I just really actually like playing the mode. v:shobon:v It rewards my favorite birb zephyrs passives and aimglide movement, doesn't have armor, and rewards headshot skill with projectile weapons which i'm a sucker for (though i wish you could recolor the water projectile to improve its visibility).

There are a few rough edges that unfortunately mean you get better rewards - even outside of afk jesus spots - solo 1v3 over a frantic pub squad tdm - mostly bad netcode messing up the reliable timing of the initial headshot stun you can use for easy quick takedowns, and scoring only counting last hits instead of rewarding assists which leads to kill-stealing frustration. Pablo said on his stream yesterday that they actually wanted to reward assists on kills with pearls, but that would've required a core engine patch instead of just scripting updates and those have to go through console cert, meaning it couldn't make it in this year. Thanks consoles. Thonsoles.

On a sidenote: If you get lucky and get 2+ afk leechers in your pubsquad to boost spawnrate you can pretty easily grab 50+ kills, so 100 pearls per match. So DE accidentally made a scoring system that makes me actively happy to see idle farmers. A working assist reward or /players 4 command would still be preferable tho.

Granted, being able to expand my orbiter cockpit interior design kavat ballpit is a pretty nice bonus

This would make my computer poo poo itself.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I have read several pages about getting toroids from the caves in Vallis, but I have yet to see one myself. Do they not appear any more? Are they that rare? Or am I just unlucky?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
They are very out of the way in the caves when they do spawn. I'm sure there's youtube or reddit things googlable if you want help on how to try and find them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's not a reliable way to farm them.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've been farting around the void for forma and profit grofit, are there any decent argon sinks before they decay? Just incubator cores?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you've got a number of basic focus lenses it's a good thing to dump spare argon into greater focus lenses imo

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
How do you get to the helm?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Arsonide posted:

How do you get to the helm?
Joyfully :kimchi:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

I've been farting around the void for forma and profit grofit, are there any decent argon sinks before they decay? Just incubator cores?

someone itt ages ago recommended searching for 'argon' in your.foundry to filter it to just blueprints which require ACs if you find yourself with a surfeit.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

The gently caress is this game anymore?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mesadoram posted:

:allears:

The gently caress is this game anymore?

No-one actually knows, we're just going along for the ride at this point.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Steve's Fever Dream: The Game

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Warframe is Star Wars made by Canadians on all the drugs (which is how I describe it to people who never heard of it)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

njsykora posted:

No-one actually knows, we're just going along for the ride at this point.

Warframe: Come for the Ninjas, Stay for the Beach Balls

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice
Logged in yesterday AGAIN after a year long hiatus. How this game manages to pull me back... My 383 hours played I'm sure is low compared to some of you guys.

Put in a new app for the goon clan.

Whats the current hotness for weapons? My Boltor Prime still seems to kill em pretty good but always gotta chase whatever the new thing is right?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Numinous posted:

Logged in yesterday AGAIN after a year long hiatus. How this game manages to pull me back... My 383 hours played I'm sure is low compared to some of you guys.

Put in a new app for the goon clan.

Whats the current hotness for weapons? My Boltor Prime still seems to kill em pretty good but always gotta chase whatever the new thing is right?

The Opticor got a Vandal that you get from the fractures event on Fortuna (the Fortuna equivalent of Ghouls basically) that does slightly less damage but fires way faster.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Warframe is Star Wars made by Canadians on all the drugs (which is how I describe it to people who never heard of it)
The Kela / gas leak reference is actually a cry for help from the dev team. They have been so high for so long they can't remember if they even have faces, let alone feel them.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I just hope you can't have all those beach balls on the railjack ship or else I'll be stuck at single digit FPS.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Numinous posted:

check out the fulmin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

hopping back in myself after a long time away, looks like i picked up a trinity prime at some point somehow? :shrug:

trying to remember what the heck i was doing and what the heck all this new open-world stuff is. plains of eidolon is very pretty and full of stuff that kills me.