Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (Jan. 17, 2008)

Arlo and Janis Classic (Jan. 17, 1998) (he wrote the wrong date on the strip)

Garfield Classic (Jan. 17, 1988)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield makes dated reference

Heathcliff makes reference

Overboard

Monty

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Please don't doxx me.

The Dinette Set does its part.

Working Daze puts a lot of work into being lazy.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is the change it wants to see in the world.

Cul-De-Sac has a new goal in life.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

oops I forgot to tell a joke

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
This edit seemed too easy to pass up...

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
My Dad is Dracula (2/4/19)

Pickles

Zits

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Dec 12, 1950)

Calvin and Hobbes (Mar 9-10, 1986)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2015 Spiderman

1977 Spiderman

Dick Tracy

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Star Wars is oh well so much for laser hats

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Not to drag the whole discussion up again but it's gonna be kind of weird if you spoiler every single Dilbert from now on even when it isn't super racist or sexist. Cause if it's not about the content of individual strips but generally about Scott Adams existing, the big empty space when I scroll down absolutely screams DILBERT and reminds me of Adams waaay more than if you just had the Dilbert strip right there.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Oh gently caress off with this lovely-rear end boomer opinion. People dressing up their dogs or playing video games are pretty harmless things.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

amigolupus posted:

Oh gently caress off with this lovely-rear end boomer opinion. People dressing up their dogs or playing video games are pretty harmless things.

Yeah, and we see Dustin working to find jobs/get interviews pretty dang often! There's nothing wrong with having fun as long as you do the appropriate amount of work inbetween.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Haifisch posted:

Footrot Flats

:lol: this owns

amigolupus posted:

Don't you see? They're not conforming. They do things different than you might do, so they deserve to be either ridiculed and considered lesser beings or feared and considered lesser beings depending on the tint of their skin.

The boomer opinion isn't that it's harmful, it's that it's different and therefore shameful/terrifying/both.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

It may be a cheap shot, but I laughed. :allears:

Also they sell umbrellas specially made for self defense. They're expensive as hell naturally.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Rip Haywire's kind of spinning its wheels. This is like the third or fourth time he's backed off on doing any material with Breezy and a family. And this time makes less sense than the last few escapes from suburbia when he got tired of those jokes because I thought Breezy's whole thing was she was a daring helicopter pilot who was actually a great match for an action man. It does feel very One More Day but probably worse because it keeps happening.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Now it's goon approved:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kennel posted:

Now it's goon approved:

Still wouldn't deserve all the scorn he gets

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Kennel posted:

Now it's goon approved:

Dude works hard to find job interviews and such, he can do whatever he wants in his downtime.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Dude works hard to find job interviews and such, he can do whatever he wants in his downtime.

No no, Ed in drag the career counselor arranges everything for him and has to nag and cajole him into taking another one of the cornucopia of jobs in various industries that are made available to him whenever he wants, which is totally a realistic thing that happens all the time.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

"White Raven" sounds like an 80s hair-metal band.

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Popeye's Cartoon Club

I really like the look of this, but I wish there was a better joke.

Flash Gordon May 1964

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kennel posted:

Now it's goon approved:

Considering that one of the best Fighting Game tournament players is Sonicfox (yes, he has a fursuit), this isn't as much as a burn as you think it is.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Technowolf posted:

Considering that one of the best Fighting Game tournament players is Sonicfox (yes, he has a fursuit), this isn't as much as a burn as you think it is.

Trap strung!

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Phew.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

amigolupus posted:

Dustin's sister is a wretched little toady who willingly participates in the abuse of her older brother to curry favor with their father.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

...How is he alive, though?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
The knife keeps the blood in!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Thin knife of lovely metal. Slid in under his aorta and above his pulmonary artery, just pushing them aside rather than cutting in because the edge had been ruined getting through his ribs.

Probably bought it from budk

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
He is dead and is now literally the Ghost that Walks. His animal companions can either sense his ghostly spirit, or they're tugging at his corpse and in his dazed state he misunderstands.

Also it was all a dream.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Sec hasn't updated today. If it starts a new storyline tomorrow, I'm dropping it.

Heart

HaJ

Docks bundle, to get Sundays lined up right. We're now on May 2nd, 1999.

Zip

Rip

Dick June 26, 1932

Tracy demonstrating his little-advertised teleportation abilities.

And a few new additions, two of which we'll run through in short order.
These first two, Bo and All in a Lifetime, are both pulled from the comic book Skyman #3 (1947). They reminded me so much of Out Our Way that I couldn't pass them up.

And then we have Captain Midnight, via a digital archive. It may be missing some strips, and scans may be imperfect (I'll do color correction when it seems warranted), but it's something I don't think has appeared in the threads before. We start with this hype strip, from (I think) August 30th, 1942.

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 11, 2019

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Kennel posted:

Now it's goon approved:

shortspecialbus posted:

Don't you see? They're not conforming. They do things different than you might do, so they deserve to be either ridiculed and considered lesser beings or feared and considered lesser beings depending on the tint of their skin.

The goon opinion isn't that it's harmful, it's that it's different and therefore shameful/terrifying/both.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Lovely Horse posted:

Not to drag the whole discussion up again but it's gonna be kind of weird if you spoiler every single Dilbert from now on even when it isn't super racist or sexist. Cause if it's not about the content of individual strips but generally about Scott Adams existing, the big empty space when I scroll down absolutely screams DILBERT and reminds me of Adams waaay more than if you just had the Dilbert strip right there.

If people don't wanna look at Dilbert, then they don't have to. That was the idea. It was just about Adams being generally terrible.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Johnny Walker posted:

I really like the look of this, but I wish there was a better joke.

New thread title?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I'm enjoying how Boondocks is Jamal but with even less chill.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

"White Raven" sounds like an 80s hair-metal band.

With their hit single "More Raven Than Raven"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Classic Cat

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

Seeing Herb and Jamaal next to Boondocks is a very polarizing experience in tone and art style.

Gatley Heathcliff

Also, I don't know if this is the same for y'all, but my the print size of each comic in my paper's Sunday comic section is huge! Look how big Zits is. I don't really think that comics like Born Loser are really benefiting from the extra detail of large print.

Here's my Sunday selection. (TIMG'd since they are huge. Also Dilbert's in there.)

Also I get them on the weekdays but no Mega Tinkersons on Sundays! :mad:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Luxrage posted:

Gatley Heathcliff

the next level of cats making you look at their butthole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

Classic Cat