Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
I can't wait to replace my life with living in the 'verse among all these wonderful people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
It's easily worth several thousand dollars to me

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Bootcha posted:

By golly gee, if I were working in CIG's Marketing division, I'd refund that guy and say "You are not the backer nor influencer this project needs".

Then my boss would come into my office and shout at me about how we can't afford to refund people right now, plus nothing he said warranted a refund, and that my rear end would be in a sling if I wasn't careful.

And then she'd walk out.

You forget to add, "you regain consciousness slowly and notice ligature marks around your neck followed by an immediate resignation."

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/Drawnder/status/1160636058012401665

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Bootcha posted:

By golly gee, if I were working in CIG's Marketing division, I'd refund that guy and say "You are not the backer nor influencer this project needs".

Then my boss would come into my office and shout at me about how we can't afford to refund people right now, plus nothing he said warranted a refund, and that my rear end would be in a sling if I wasn't careful.

And then she'd walk out.

Poor Lethality :negative:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Bootcha posted:

And then she'd walk out.

But then you'd encourage every backer to start being super racist and that's not how I want to get my refund. :(

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

It's a scam so blatant that only the kind of people who buy into white supremacist ideas are susceptible to it.

To the people ITT saying stuff like "He's not representative of the average Citizen," let me assure you that he absolutely is. He's saying the quiet parts real loud but the SC fanbase has been a hog-farm level cesspit of instant death toxicity towards trans people, women, people of color, and so on for 7 years now. It's only gotten more vehement and awful as the general tone of the culture war has changed, but it was always this bad. They may not straight up call you a "Slave-worthy" n-word but they will absolutely hang out with this guy and slap him on the back and say "Boys will be boys, did he make you salty?"

Burn it all to the ground

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

It's a scam so blatant that only the kind of people who buy into white supremacist ideas are susceptible to it.

To the people ITT saying stuff like "He's not representative of the average Citizen," let me assure you that he absolutely is. He's saying the quiet parts real loud but the SC fanbase has been a hog-farm level cesspit of instant death toxicity towards trans people, women, people of color, and so on for 7 years now. It's only gotten more vehement and awful as the general tone of the culture war has changed, but it was always this bad. They may not straight up call you a "Slave-worthy" n-word but they will absolutely hang out with this guy and slap him on the back and say "Boys will be boys, did he make you salty?"

Burn it all to the ground

Calling out racism when using "people of color" which is literally "colored people" which is racist.

Joking aside, is skadden gonna win?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Quavers posted:

Poor Lethality :negative:

Can he feel grief?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Colostomy Bag posted:

Can he feel grief?

He can't. But Lazrin can.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

RGO got a quick look today. The Giant Bomb crew are gaga over it. If SC "Releases" in the next year, direct comparisons to this are inevitable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufxx1p0HtGY

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Miribot got a really good hit here. Let's all congratulate the programmers.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1160682613620822016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Take notes, kids- this is what video game fandom does to your brain.

"Hey, person who's likely to be the next Wal-Mart shooter. I really like your position on this video game that I'm a fan of. Maybe tone down the part where you think all dark skinned people are subhuman slave races, because it's making it awkward to stand right next to you. But I will. Keep standing right next to you, I mean. Because you like Star Citizen."

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Gamers are human garbage, and I'm not real sure about that "human" part

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Foo Diddley posted:

This has been one of my bigger takeaways from the Star Citizen saga, tbh

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...
Beet Wagon, please stop exposing yourself.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
How many people do we think are actually working at CIG?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
What is working anyway

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

How many people do we think are actually working at CIG?

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1158101761309073408

hi MoMA

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

why engage with this

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I would like to know what twisted perverted logic he is using to insist that nothing he is saying is racist while calling repool "too black" to enjoy star citizen.

But that might involve asking and I don't need that kind of crazy in my life.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

phosdex posted:

why engage with this

Thread has a poop touching problem.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/appabend451/status/1160531053024432128
https://twitter.com/SimonSmellmont/status/1160644580108378114
https://twitter.com/Clouvas/status/1160648978171682817

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Both games still suck, but at least No Man's Sky isn't a scam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

He uses massively offensive racist slurs, nine times in there.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Just ironically typing up pages and pages of racist screeds to get more clicks

Burn down the loving internet

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

Foo Diddley posted:

He used to be a gamer, but now he's a Star Citizen.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Willow > racist assholes.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy posted:

And their mocap was better and less expensive :eng101:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Sarsapariller posted:

RGO got a quick look today. The Giant Bomb crew are gaga over it. If SC "Releases" in the next year, direct comparisons to this are inevitable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufxx1p0HtGY

Space Bowie looking fab.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Also :lol: at Squadron 42 being in any fit state to release next year

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Quavers posted:

Also :lol: at Squadron 42 being in any fit state to release next year

Dude, have you not seen the Morrow Tour demo and heard the song "Full Burn"?

That poo poo is tight and so good to go, Chris Roberts is just being a nice guy and letting other game makers catch up abit.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dementropy posted:

OAG. Good guy.

Went to see if the guy could be reported for his blatantly racist comments.

Apparently no report category covering it.

That's quite something.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Aren't the comments on his own site anyway? I'm not sure if Disqus does moderation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

...Oh dear. Is SC a horror game now, because ewww.