Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Typically if something launches on Gamepass it has a decent population for a while, imo if a niche indie game with multiplayer goes up on the service beeline it because that will be its peak.

MCC has a decent population in general and KI has a small one that will wreck your poo poo most likely at this point although gamepass users might be around a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

Buy Panzer Dragoon Orta if you got a Bone. Its the least you can do.

This is one of my favorite video games ever. I am so excited for Panzer Dragoon Remake later this year for Switch.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Barudak posted:

Typically if something launches on Gamepass it has a decent population for a while, imo if a niche indie game with multiplayer goes up on the service beeline it because that will be its peak.

MCC has a decent population in general and KI has a small one that will wreck your poo poo most likely at this point although gamepass users might be around a bit.

I kinda have a spank me daddy attitude with fighting game communities i join way too late in the life cycle. It was that way when i started playing injustice 2 when it's pop had already tanked to the next mk. Tends to serve me well.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Yea i definitely have a spank me daddy attitude regarding fighting games too. lol wtf

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

heeheex2 posted:

Yea i definitely have a spank me daddy attitude regarding fighting games too. lol wtf

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

heeheex2 posted:

Its a hyperbolic way of saying i dont mind fighting against experienced players and losing you pearl clutching clod. Jfc. "I like to fight above my experience level" etc.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm also a pearl clutching clod.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
lmao alright dude.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Lambert posted:

I bought the Xbox 360 version of the Doom 3 BFG and it was in French. AMA

Were there berets?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Talkc posted:

Not gonna lie if i can get a copy with the poster that's a selling point.

13bux at Walmart my good dude

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Doom-3-B...V0aAksfEALw_wcB

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Talkc posted:

I kinda have a spank me daddy attitude with fighting game communities i join way too late in the life cycle. It was that way when i started playing injustice 2 when it's pop had already tanked to the next mk. Tends to serve me well.

KI in my opinion is one of the better fighters this generation, it just got saddled with a terrible console to launch on and didnt really hit its stride until it switched devs.

I said come in! posted:

This is one of my favorite video games ever. I am so excited for Panzer Dragoon Remake later this year for Switch.

Absolutely the same.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Nice. Sold. I remember having the steelbook edition of 3 for my OG Xbox. I have the steelbook put up somewhere but the disc got destroyed from play.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

KI in my opinion is one of the better fighters this generation, it just got saddled with a terrible console to launch on and didnt really hit its stride until it switched devs.

Absolutely the same.

Ki is tough to build a scene around because the only game not played on ps4 at most tournaments is smash and ki aint no smash in terms of popularity.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

El_Elegante posted:

Were there berets?

No, unfortunately.

I was weirded out by the fact the UAC apparently recreated the Eiffel tower on Mars, but I guess it was part of a recruitment drive.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Ki is tough to build a scene around because the only game not played on ps4 at most tournaments is smash and ki aint no smash in terms of popularity.

Yeah, the console its locked to, and the fact nobody uses PCs for tournaments, really hurt it.

Still hope they launch Scarlet with a new one.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Talkc posted:

spank me daddy attitude

New thread title plz

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The 4k X Enhanced Minecraft update has been cancelled. First shown in 2017.

How embarrassing.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
wow I can't believe Microsoft cooked up a bullshot trailer for some quick E3 hype without any real plan or prospects for making it real and then completely failed to deliver. That's unheard of.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Beastie posted:

The 4k X Enhanced Minecraft update has been cancelled. First shown in 2017.

How embarrassing.

I look forward to a rerelease of beta edition Minecraft on consoles later, after they fire everyone involved with this much to fans dismay. At least thats what the Phantom Dust debacle taught me.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This has to be a thing they just didn't give them any budget for at all. If you can manage the miracle of getting janky rear end Minecraft cross-playable on all formats (besides the one that refused it) you can probably make it look nicer, at least within the Trailer-to-Crackdown 3 margin of error.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
What's the general thinking of Scarlett being based on Ryzen? I know it's better than the Jaguar stuff the current gen is running on, and that Jaguar was weak even by 2013 standards, but I'm wondering if Ryzen is considered a poo poo choice for next gen.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im more skeptical of ms making meaningful use of any power upgrades than said upgrades being the wrong choice for a hypothetical good games publisher

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm likely being hella naive here, but I don't think Microsoft will make the same mistake twice and launch a new console that cannot keep up with whatever Sony ends up releasing. Microsoft has already confirmed they want Scarlett to be an 8K gaming console, so it's going to have to be very powerful to meet that expectation.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It will be 8k the way ps3 was 1080p in that it theoretically can do it but only the racing game tries

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

I said come in! posted:

it’s multiplatform afaik

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nah it's Switch only and looks like a 3DS game. I doubt it gets ported to other platforms.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

I said come in! posted:

I'm likely being hella naive here, but I don't think Microsoft will make the same mistake twice and launch a new console that cannot keep up with whatever Sony ends up releasing. Microsoft has already confirmed they want Scarlett to be an 8K gaming console, so it's going to have to be very powerful to meet that expectation.

I thought the 360 was pretty similar power to the PS3 when it came to gaming because the ~Cell Processor~ was such a clusterfuck to make games for

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Yeah the 360 was more powerful than the PS3 unless you had certain hyper-specific features in a game that worked with the Cell design perfectly. The Cell method of one regular core plus 6 or 7 available special dedicated cores that run totally different code was a dead-end design. The 360 also allowed developers to be more flexible in allocating memory space between CPU and GPU tasks which was helpful.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

reminder that the ps3 was originally going to have no gpu because sony are massive loving idiots

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What's the general thinking of Scarlett being based on Ryzen? I know it's better than the Jaguar stuff the current gen is running on, and that Jaguar was weak even by 2013 standards, but I'm wondering if Ryzen is considered a poo poo choice for next gen.

They're pretty much restricted to whatever AMD can provide within their budget, which was why they were stuck with the Jaguar for current gen.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

both sony/ms hedged on 8th gen power/cost too much.
They were spooked about all the end of consoles stuff at the time

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Not to get too console warriory but it's going to be interesting seeing the pricing of this next generation and the timing of the announcements. Sony has been not so secretly prepping people for what I'm guessing will be a $599 or higher price tag with all their talk of state of the art SSD. Wonder if they'll go all-in on a premium model or if they'll offer a closer to regular priced scaled back version as well.

Either way it will be interesting. I doubt you'll see anything for the next 2-3 years that is noticeably more impressive than what we're currently seeing. Developers aren't going to just abandon 150m+ install base between the two consoles and develop next gen exclusives, so I feel like we're going to get a ton of cross generation games this time around, which will further prolong people's holding out of buying a newer console.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm more interested in how backwards compatibility will affect cross gen stuff.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They will talk big game about power so you think it will cost a lot and then be happy when its announced as the same price as before

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

reminder that the ps3 was originally going to have no gpu because sony are massive loving idiots

My understanding is that Sony wanted to rush the PS3 out for a 2005 launch. It was going to use an XPU instead, but it was found to be a terrible idea for what Sony wanted to do. The system would perform worst than the PS2. A GPU was added almost at the last minute.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
4k minecraft sounds real stupid.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Did someone say Phantom Dust? I loving loved that game on the OG Xbox. The one x version has updated textures and is in 4k if I remember right. I played it a while back and it looked really nice.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

American McGay posted:

Not to get too console warriory but it's going to be interesting seeing the pricing of this next generation and the timing of the announcements. Sony has been not so secretly prepping people for what I'm guessing will be a $599 or higher price tag with all their talk of state of the art SSD. Wonder if they'll go all-in on a premium model or if they'll offer a closer to regular priced scaled back version as well.

If this is true, I can't wait to hear why it's actually a good thing to spend $600 on a console this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Very excited for the even-better-looking PS3/360 games with even-more-predatory business models coming next gen