Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Do the lesser provinces have an equivalent of ASIRT?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_Serious_Incident_Response_Team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what? like, the maritimes?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
i got gun violence fever and the only prescription is more gun control

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

imagine if people who 'liked soccer' spent this much time bitching about shin guards or cleats, but never actually talked about soccer.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

jfood posted:

imagine if people who 'liked soccer' spent this much time bitching about shin guards or cleats, but never actually talked about soccer.

imagine if sometimes people who liked soccer murdered dozens of people with a pair of cleats, or killed themselves with their shin guards

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

vyelkin posted:

imagine if sometimes people who liked soccer murdered dozens of people

...well, actually

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

vyelkin posted:

imagine if sometimes people who liked soccer murdered dozens of people with a pair of cleats, or killed themselves with their shin guards

incredibly lovely take. collectively, we are diminished.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jfood posted:

incredibly lovely take. collectively, we are diminished.

But I need to soccer ball on muddy fields occasionally and it is moderately more dangerous without cleats.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ocrumsprug posted:

But I need to soccer ball on muddy fields occasionally and it is moderately more dangerous without cleats.

And how else would you deal with 30-50 feral hogs?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

infernal machines posted:

who cares I don't live in Manitoba

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

file a complaint with asirt

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

jfood posted:

file a complaint with asirt

goddamn

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/andrew_leach/status/1160619699689779200?s=21

your daily reminder that if the globe and mail folded tomorrow nothing of value would be lost

if you haven't yet, cancel your subscription

https://twitter.com/andrew_leach/status/1160646748471042049?s=21

lmao

incontinence 100 has issued a correction as of 06:29 on Aug 12, 2019

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man I thought I had heard Wente retired, drat guess not.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Disband the precinct.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

priznat posted:

Man I thought I had heard Wente retired, drat guess not.

https://twitter.com/DrDebraSoh/status/1156330016881434624

I assumed it was a Debra Soh piece, she seems to be publishing all sorts of garbage bullshit lately

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Nazi's wouldn't be Nazis if we stopped calling them Nazis

BING BONG SO SIMPLE

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

"My latest column @Quillette"

ah, well, say no more

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Another Bill posted:

Nazi's wouldn't be Nazis if we stopped calling them Nazis

“Everyone I don’t like is Hitler” used to be a funny internet meme. But it’s become a fairly accurate description of intersectionalist rhetoric—a phenomenon that isn’t funny at all. This kind of rhetoric doesn’t mend divisiveness within society. And doubling down whenever anyone questions it only serves to alienate potential allies who oppose racism and reverse racism alike—myself included.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Please source your quotes

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Postess with the Mostest posted:

who oppose racism and reverse racism alike—

lol gently caress off

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

perhaps those who are intolerant of racism are the real racists, no? makes you think...

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
they could be waving that swastika flag for any reason, we don't know their story

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
they went to walmart and they had a coupon for swastika flags and thought 'hey what a deal' we all know how cheap and frugal canadians are

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Please source your quotes

The last paragraph of her article

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The last paragraph of her article

I figured, but I'm not giving Quillette any clicks

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

I figured, but I'm not giving Quillette any clicks

nobody cares about your clicks

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
in other news, postmedia decided that that their newspapers were not sufficiently loyal or committed as right wing propaganda outlets:

https://www.canadalandshow.com/the-conservative-transformation-of-postmedia/

quote:

What has happened, according to interviews with over 30 current employees and more than a dozen former employees — ranging from reporters to editors to corporate staff — is that Postmedia has given a directive for all of its papers to shift to the political right, in an unprecedented, centralized fashion. Many said that the changes have thus far been poorly executed and communicated inside the company, resulting in a cloud of uncertainty and confusion among reporters and editors across the chain.

In June, MacLeod — who assumed the role of CEO in January and did not respond to requests for an interview — tapped veteran National Post journalist and commentator Kevin Libin, considered by some at the chain to be among its most conservative editorial voices, to oversee federal and provincial political reporting and commentary across Postmedia’s newspapers.

His mandate is straightforward: to make the papers more “reliably” conservative. Fifteen current employees confirmed this was their understanding of his new role, and that it had been communicated to them by management or a superior.

Since Libin’s appointment was announced, one editor-in-chief was removed from his newspaper and reassigned to a newly created corporate role, after he raised objections that the company was not respecting the editorial independence of his newsroom and after he published an editorial board endorsement of carbon pricing, which upset management.

Responsibility for the National Post’s political bureau in Ottawa was taken away from the paper’s head of news, who also had to be informed by one of his own writers that he was no longer in charge of them.

Meanwhile, reporters and editors across the chain are perplexed by the seemingly opaque nature of Libin’s powers, which has left them uncertain about what kinds of stories they will or won’t control going forward.

As a columnist, he has taken a hard line on climate issues in particular, cheering on U.S. President Donald Trump’s withdrawal from the Paris Agreement and mocking the idea that carbon dioxide (which, Libin notes, is “produced by so many living organisms”) should be considered pollution. He has written that the “climate panic” is a kind of “big business” that could be harbouring “vested interests” among its “great slush of shekels.” As comment editor, he has given platforms to climate-change deniers (“skeptics”).

tl;dr Postmedia is handing over the reigns to an insane, AGW-denying anti-semite and working on a project with Jordan Peterson all with some ill-defined goal of becoming Canada's Fox News.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hand Knit posted:

in other news, postmedia decided that that their newspapers were not sufficiently loyal or committed as right wing propaganda outlets:

https://www.canadalandshow.com/the-conservative-transformation-of-postmedia/

tl;dr Postmedia is handing over the reigns to an insane, AGW-denying anti-semite and working on a project with Jordan Peterson all with some ill-defined goal of becoming Canada's Fox News.

He's not an anti-semite he's loves Israel's boot on the necks of Palestinian women and children!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

nobody cares about your clicks

i care postess, i care

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

“Everyone I don’t like is Hitler” used to be a funny internet meme. But it’s become a fairly accurate description of intersectionalist rhetoric—a phenomenon that isn’t funny at all. This kind of rhetoric doesn’t mend divisiveness within society. And doubling down whenever anyone questions it only serves to alienate potential allies who oppose racism and reverse racism alike—myself included.

lmao

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jehde posted:

Disband the precinct.

it's a good joke

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/msccust/status/1161120956548558848

Me, a victim bleeding out on the street from a mass shooting: Finally they'll have some *coughs up blood* hard data...........

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wOrK iN DaTa JoUrNaLiSm

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

guillotine every Canadian news person and opinion writer

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Congratulations Prime Minister Andrew Scheer.

https://twitter.com/CityNews/status/1161658684654727169

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Hand Knit posted:

Congratulations Prime Minister Andrew Scheer.

https://twitter.com/CityNews/status/1161658684654727169

There will be, uh, a small fine..

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Any big name Canadians outside of our beautiful royal ruling family named in the epstein thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

Any big name Canadians outside of our beautiful royal ruling family named in the epstein thing?

Conrad Black was in the black book I believe