Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The only Who cosplay I’ve ever done was 7 a few years back, but I’d absolutely attempt a 12 costume if it wasn’t 95° here pretty much year-round. My sister had a great 11 cosplay at one point too.

Do you live inside an oven? I'm pretty sure humans aren't supposed to live in places where it gets that hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cleretic posted:

I've been interested in getting a Thirteen cosplay together, but it strikes me as an outfit that you need just a bit more figure than I have to pull off. Otherwise I'd sorta get lost in the coat.

Just go for it! I mean, look at this 13th cosplayer:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Just go for it! I mean, look at this 13th cosplayer:

I will always treasure the fact that the one guy who would be completely blameless if he was bitter or held a grudge about how his time on the series ended so abruptly, is instead still supporting and boosting the show to this day. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’ve cosplayed TVMovie 7, a version of 8 (black velvet rather than green), 10 for Halloween, and I’ve done 12’s hoodie and a coat look just out and about many times.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I've done an 11 costume for Halloween at work a few times, but I was able to put it together out of my existing wardrobe and my hair is usually the right length, if the wrong colour.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

marktheando posted:

Do you live inside an oven? I'm pretty sure humans aren't supposed to live in places where it gets that hot.

Houston, so basically. I guess it’s more like a pressure cooker than an oven with the humidity.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

My mum's into knitting, so my sister once asked her to knit her a Tom Baker scarf. She's not a huge fan or anything, but is old enough to remember Tom's era and always liked the scarf. My sis underestimated how huge Tom's scarf actually was though and our mum already has a tendency to make things too big, so the result was predictably humongous. My sister ended up splitting it in half and having two perfectly good scarves left over.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jerusalem posted:

That's why you gotta thank heaven for the TV movie makeover :hellyeah:

it does kind of paint eight's regeneration with long hair in a different light

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve cosplayed TVMovie 7, a version of 8 (black velvet rather than green), 10 for Halloween, and I’ve done 12’s hoodie and a coat look just out and about many times.
        \

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://mobile.twitter.com/IanLevine/status/1160261880579010560

Anyone got IanLevine.gif?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Joe Staczynski. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’d actually love to see some Straczynski-written episodes. :allears:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I mostly was making fun of Ian Levine not bothering to actually Google the correct spelling.

Although I'm surprised he'd even enjoy a Gatiss-helmed program, considering he hated the whole of the revival, including the seasons where Gatiss was very much involved.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I mostly was making fun of Ian Levine not bothering to actually Google the correct spelling.

Although I'm surprised he'd even enjoy a Gatiss-helmed program, considering he hated the whole of the revival, including the seasons where Gatiss was very much involved.

That tweet reminds me of how I felt when the story got out that Karl Rove loved Babylon 5.

There is a cute moment in a video posted in response to Levine of Sylvester McCoy talking about 13: he is of course delighted by Jodie, and is especially happy that her sonic was built upon a spoon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Levine: The record ratings for the most recent season of the show is further proof of how reviled it is by fans!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Just lol that Levine thinks Neil Gaiman, of all people, would deliver the chud-adjacent version of the show he wants.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Levine: The record ratings for the most recent season of the show is further proof of how reviled it is by fans!
Star Wars making more money than ever by having women and black people matter is proof that the franchise is on the wrong track!

Captain Marvel making a billion dollars is proof that women shouldn't be superheroes!

I unabashedly love that these CHUDs keep getting proven wrong, over and over, though I'd be a lot happier if the media didn't treat the narrative as a "both sides" thing since one side is so clearly wrong.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

BF is doing Space: 1999

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/space-1999-breakaway-2127

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I wouldn't call Levine a CHUD, he's gay. Definitely a huge sexist though. And I say that to mean he is very sexist, and also fat.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

marktheando posted:

I wouldn't call Levine a CHUD, he's gay.

There have definitely been gay CHUDs. While not being cishet makes it less likely for a person to be a reactionary, it's not something that precludes a person from being one.

Although I don't know anything about Levine's politics, it's possible he's just reactionary when it comes to TV shows changing.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

There have definitely been gay CHUDs. While not being cishet makes it less likely for a person to be a reactionary, it's not something that precludes a person from being one.

Although I don't know anything about Levine's politics, it's possible he's just reactionary when it comes to TV shows changing.

I know they exist but being a Trump supporter seems very unlikely for an openly gay English guy with a big interest in soul music. Anyway I checked his twitter for mentions of Trump, he's very much not a fan.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Levine is a reactionary twit, which doesn't necessitate supporting Trump but is derived from the same attitudes.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

Levine is a reactionary twit, which doesn't necessitate supporting Trump but is derived from the same attitudes.

Well obviously, but CHUDs are specifically Trump supporters, I thought?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

marktheando posted:

Well obviously, but CHUDs are specifically Trump supporters, I thought?

Yeah, pretty much.

There's a very strong case to be made for gammonry, though

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Just think of all those republicans who are fervently anti-gay that get caught on Grindr or cruising in airport bathrooms or what have you.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Levine is mostly just an awful prick who almost certainly still harbours a grudge for Chibnall going on TV in the 80s to criticise Who when Levine was involved in production.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

marktheando posted:

I know they exist but being a Trump supporter seems very unlikely for an openly gay English guy with a big interest in soul music. Anyway I checked his twitter for mentions of Trump, he's very much not a fan.

Wouldn't the Brit equivalent be a Farage supporter?

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

Fil5000 posted:

Levine is mostly just an awful prick who almost certainly still harbours a grudge for Chibnall going on TV in the 80s to criticise Who when Levine was involved in production.

I thought Levine was gone by the time Chibnall criticized Who? IIRC Chibnall was complaining about the likes of Bonnie Langford which Ian (along with Eric Saward) also whinged about.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Gordon Shumway posted:

Wouldn't the Brit equivalent be a Farage supporter?

Yeah. In his Trump tweet he was also complaining about Brexit so he's not one of them. For all his faults Levine doesn't appear to be a racist.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheWomenOfWho/status/1160927966525833216?s=20

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Zaroff posted:

I thought Levine was gone by the time Chibnall criticized Who? IIRC Chibnall was complaining about the likes of Bonnie Langford which Ian (along with Eric Saward) also whinged about.

I could well be off by a couple of years, yeah. I might just be thinking this because of forktoss' comic that has him lumbering in the background while Saward and JNT are discussing Trial of a Timelord

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Narsham posted:

That tweet reminds me of how I felt when the story got out that Karl Rove loved Babylon 5.=

Babylon 5, as much as I love it, still has a hardon for the Great Man theory of history and military intervention solving problems. It's got a much easier far right read than, say, TNG - although that still happens.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The US equivalent of this is when ex-Presidents pal around after they're out of office. :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is loving awesome :3:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

This is loving awesome :3:

Had to dig this one up from the previous thread:

found this gem too:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

marktheando posted:

I know they exist but being a Trump supporter seems very unlikely for an openly gay English guy with a big interest in soul music.

I mean, has anyone asked Milo what he thinks of Northern Soul? :thunk:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

It's also pretty loving amazing that the fate of the show is in the hands of the Teen Contingent of the 70s and 80s DWAS...something no doubt even more galling for Levine!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Popped open Day of the Doctor, just intending to watch Eleven and Ten meet in the woods and wound up watching the entire rest of the special

I love how disturbed Ten looks

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Vinylshadow posted:

Popped open Day of the Doctor, just intending to watch Eleven and Ten meet in the woods and wound up watching the entire rest of the special

I love how disturbed Ten looks

John Hurt angerly saying "Timey Wimey" is one of my favorite Who moments ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

York_M_Chan posted:

John Hurt angerly saying "Timey Wimey" is one of my favorite Who moments ever.

Not even a minute with another Doctor and he's already done with their crap

"What are you going to do, assemble a cabinet at them?"

They chose well, and I'm glad we got as much from him as we did

He is sorely missed