Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ive seen a buncha billboards around greater philly, begging folks to become cops

i think there might be recruitment issues for police in the mid atlantic region

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

against cancer, surely

No Lance Armstrong will never be happy until everyone on the planet has had as much cancer as him.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

lock her up

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
local pds are in a massive hiring crisis right now and its at least part of the problem that they end up with the most brain dead pieces of poo poo imaginable

also no one decent wants to be a cop

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Squizzle posted:

dont worry, axios lets us know that there will be eloi along w morlocks

What's next: Technological advancements such as 5G and automated vehicles won't directly make life harder for rural America, but instead will fuel inequality by making life that much easier for urban America.

we can give them more opoids to dull the pain of getting left behind again

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Donnie Jr. is a fraud and cheats himself too, so do not side with him ever or enable him thank u~

someone really needs to clock him square in the jaw for real, Trump Sr. tiny hands didn't do much to rattle his brain around when hitting him.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bert Roberge posted:

He switched sides at the end.

I'm voting for the pro-cancer candidate. Why fight the inevitable when you can lick its boots?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

TMMadman posted:

No Lance Armstrong will never be happy until everyone on the planet has had as much cancer as him.

He won't stop until he's the only guy on the planet with a working testicle.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Addamere posted:

you mean to tell me people who entertain for a living make themselves up to appeal to their audience :monocle:

im furious at the object i was objectifying for misrepresenting itself as an object with different properties

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1160679933435211776

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Squizzle posted:

ive seen a buncha billboards around greater philly, begging folks to become cops

I think the issue is that too many chud bootlicker would-be pigs are too fat/lazy/stupid to pass the entrance exams.

Obviously this means that the qualifications to be a fash enforcer will soon be lowered even more than they already are.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

good lord she won't go away

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Addamere posted:

I'm voting for the pro-cancer candidate. Why fight the inevitable when you can lick its boots?

The Trump administration gutting the EPA is about as close to this as you can get.

Maybe they'll repeal smoking laws and let kids smoke next.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Lance Armstrong cheated as thoroughly and often on the bike race as Donald Jr's dad cheated on his mother

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

im furious at the object i was objectifying for misrepresenting itself as an object with different properties

man you know seeing the word itself used as a pronoun to refer to a person reminds me of just how much I love Murderbot

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

John McCain is dead and that's okay

Him thumbs downing Mitch like a professional wrestler on the senate floor was pretty funny tho

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Squizzle posted:

I feel like everywhere is hiring more good guys with guns cops these days.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Bert Roberge posted:

The Trump administration gutting the EPA is about as close to this as you can get.

they also gutted the usda

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bert Roberge posted:

im not wasting my vote on some middle of the road centrist garbage like this

give me mandatory smoking laws

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Celebrating the anniversary of my relative's death like a normal person.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

can someone probate McMeghan for diaryposting

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

the prper response is
“Don Jr. opened the door, wearing a Yankee jersey,” Scott Melker, one of his former classmates, wrote on Facebook last year, describing what happened on one occasion when Trump came to take his son to a Yankees game. “Without saying a word, his father slapped him across the face, knocking him to the floor in front of all of his classmates. He simply said “put on a suit and meet me outside,’ and closed the door.”

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Schnorkles posted:

local pds are in a massive hiring crisis right now and its at least part of the problem that they end up with the most brain dead pieces of poo poo imaginable

also no one decent wants to be a cop

staffing shortages also lead to low morale and an inability to keep people on the job, not to mention the massive health problems it causes for people who stay, maybe the cop problem will solve itself :shobon:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

MysteriousStranger posted:

when u can't change the rules because you're complete idiots, just allow non-compliance by not staffing

that said that particular strategy tends to whiplash quickly when administrations change

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Videodrome is also a documentary

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Oh yeah. Let's all move to Kansas City! We'll be closer!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Helen13658222/status/1154372041576816641?s=19

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Squizzle posted:

They already get paid like double the median salary and they can't get enough pieces of poo poo to hire.
Probably getting harder and harder for the pigs to not hire out nazis who spontaneously contort their bodies into swastikas.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

when u can't change the rules because you're complete idiots, just allow non-compliance by not staffing

that said that particular strategy tends to whiplash quickly when administrations change

no it was worse than that. it's hard to fire feds, but you can make them quit, so when they announced they were going to move them and a whole ton of them quit they got their wish of firing all the staff without having to do it.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Videodrome is also a documentary

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/IzXNLFL.mp4

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

magiccarpet posted:

“Don Jr. opened the door, wearing a Yankee jersey,” Scott Melker, one of his former classmates, wrote on Facebook last year, describing what happened on one occasion when Trump came to take his son to a Yankees game. “Without saying a word, his father slapped him across the face, knocking him to the floor in front of all of his classmates. He simply said “put on a suit and meet me outside,’ and closed the door.”

toxic masculinity is bad, but drat if you can't handle the impact of tiny hands wet noodling you across the face

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Jfc

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Al! posted:

staffing shortages also lead to low morale and an inability to keep people on the job, not to mention the massive health problems it causes for people who stay, maybe the cop problem will solve itself :shobon:

the best bet would be to actually have people staffing police offices that believed in good things (lmao thats never gonna happen) but i am heartened that millennials really don't want to be cops

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Addamere posted:

im not wasting my vote on some middle of the road centrist garbage like this

give me mandatory smoking laws

I want to move to one of those third world countries where Phillip Morris sells loose cigarettes outside elementary and middle schools.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cops bad millennials less so

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Donnie Trump Jr. played with those sticky hand toy from the gumball machine with the plastic egg and it stuck to wall, then when he tried to peel it back with the string end, the sticky hand rubberbanded back into Trump Jr.'s face and knocked him the gently caress out for 3 hours.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

no it was worse than that. it's hard to fire feds, but you can make them quit, so when they announced they were going to move them and a whole ton of them quit they got their wish of firing all the staff without having to do it.

Yeah, they had some kind of "BY DECLINING THIS RELOCATION YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE QUITTING" form letter bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Can she only put "John McCain's daughter" as the only thing on her resume up until one year after his death?