Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Speaking of Bernadetta, her paired ending with Raphael is extremely :kimchi: and they ended up being my favorite pairing in my Golden Deer run. He helps her become "outgoing and authoritative" and that's an unbelievable achievement for both of them. And then she takes on "a very muscular husband."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Harrow posted:

That would be extremely good, yes. Maybe if the next game has only one route they can put resources into making an expandable base and a bunch of optional recruitable characters or something. That's such a satisfying part of Suikoden and it'd fit right into a Fire Emblem game.

You've received the True Fire Rune Crest of Flames.

And Edelgard is kinda SIII's Luc.

Heart Attacks
Jun 17, 2012

That's how it works for magical girls.

Super No Vacancy posted:

the game is easy you really dont need to

good practice for lunatic

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
I’m hellbent on doing Dimitri and Dedue for this run because I’ve already seen their paired ending and it is wonderfully gay

Also Raphael and Ignatz’s paired ending was p much Raphael’s younger sister runs away from home and hooks up with Ignatz, and years later comes home and with support from Raphael’s family they become the most preeminent artists of their generation

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 12, 2019

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I’m hellbent on doing Dimitri and Dedue for this run because I’ve already seen their paired ending and it is wonderfully gay

They’re very cute and probably my favorite 3H pairing so far.

I also enjoy Felix and Sylvain but their A+ support got toned down in English. :(

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Tired Moritz posted:

Bernadetta has lines for eating with Alois, the gently caress. What a strange pair.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but OK.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TurnipFritter posted:

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but OK.

Some people get unique dialogue when you invite both of them to eat with you in the dining hall instead of their generic responses. Some of the pairs are obvious (Manuela and Hanneman, Annette and Mercedes etc) and some are just kind of bizarre like Alois and Bernadetta.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Lysithea and Linhardt ending has Linhardt removing her crests, letting her live a long and normal life

I’m not even using Linhardt, I’m just having the two of them dine together all the time.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Zore posted:

Some people get unique dialogue when you invite both of them to eat with you in the dining hall instead of their generic responses. Some of the pairs are obvious (Manuela and Hanneman, Annette and Mercedes etc) and some are just kind of bizarre like Alois and Bernadetta.

i was quoting a line from their C rank support :(

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TurnipFritter posted:

i was quoting a line from their C rank support :(

I never got it because I didn't use Alois :negative:

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I managed to somehow have Seteth marry Leonie and it was very awkward.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Endorph posted:

the annette/mercedes ending slide is really sweet

I expected something more tbh. It felt very 'innocent' and not at all like an actual couple.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

I managed to somehow have Seteth marry Leonie and it was very awkward.

Seteth looks and sounds/acts like he's 40, is he younger????

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Seteth spoiler: He's actually a dragon and like 1000+ years old

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Seteth looks and sounds/acts like he's 40, is he younger????

They don't hook up right away, for what it's worth.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Chocolate Bunny posted:

Seteth spoiler: He's actually a dragon and like 1000+ years old

He's anime as hell and he shouldn't be dating anyone

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

They don't hook up right away, for what it's worth.

ehhhhhhhhhhh

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

ROFL Octopus posted:

Lysithea and Linhardt ending has Linhardt removing her crests, letting her live a long and normal life

I’m not even using Linhardt, I’m just having the two of them dine together all the time.

It also happened with Byleth sometime between their A and S support! i don’t like that it just happens and I was left out of the loop with particulars on how Byleth helped her get rid of her crests but i liked that she gets to live a long life, never has to worry about what becomes of her parents or subjects after, and gets to live out the rest of her restored lifespan and play a role where she never needed her crests to excel in

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
It is kind of interesting that Leonie's only paired endings that are actually romantic are with Byleth, Lorenz and Seteth.

That's a trio that's just a giant mass of warning lights.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

This can also happen with Byleth or Hanneman. Lysithea's paired ending with Hanneman is totally non-romantic and has to do with her becoming his research assistant, them working together to remove her Crests, and then she continues his research after he dies and becomes the world's best Crest researcher. During their support chain, Hanneman talks about how much he hates what Crests have done to people, and is heartbroken to learn the truth about Lysithea's paired Crests and the fact that they're going to shorten her lifespan. It's actually a pretty nice paired ending.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Aug 12, 2019

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Zore posted:

Some even have their dialogue together change based on their support rank. Lysithea/Hanneman get a new conversation at B-support.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Claude and Lorenz have several unique dining dialogues that change depending on their support rank. Flayn and Seteth, too.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Hanneman rules and is low-key one of my favorite 3 Houses characters

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

McTimmy posted:

Some even have their dialogue together change based on their support rank. Lysithea/Hanneman get a new conversation at B-support.

Yeah I was really surprised when a lunch conversation changed because of a support I just watched for the first time. The amount of unique dialogue in this game continues to impress me.

Like, what are even the changes that a player comes across that specific lunch pair at that exact time?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Zore posted:

His voice sounds so much like Rene Auberjonis as the inventor in Avatar: The Last Airbender that I'm still secretly convinced it's really him.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zore posted:

Hanneman's personal goals are really interesting, too. I know they come up during his supports with Lysithea but I don't know about the other supports he has. He hates the effect that Crests have on people and on society and his research goals are to find a way to basically add or remove Crests from people at their wish. If someone wants a Crest, he thinks they should be allowed to have one; if they don't want their Crest (or Crests, in Lysithea's case), they should be able to have them removed. Much like a lot of the characters, he wants to fix the Crest system, but his approach is just to make them available to everyone and only if they want them.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

the annette/mercedes ending slide is really sweet
speaking of annette and mercedes, I thought the japanese script in their A support was way sweeter. in the japanese script mercedes teases annette by asking if she's professing her love while the english version she just says "you're so sweet" and the final line in english is "well, I'm always happy to bake for you" when the japanese one is "is that so? well, I love you An" :kimchi:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Taear posted:

His voice sounds so much like Rene Auberjonis as the inventor in Avatar: The Last Airbender that I'm still secretly convinced it's really him.
It's this man https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0199965/

I can never ever not hear him as Shuji Ikutsuki. He has a very distinctive cadence.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zore posted:

It is kind of interesting that Leonie's only paired endings that are actually romantic are with Byleth, Lorenz and Seteth.

That's a trio that's just a giant mass of warning lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV8S_2lwDkQ

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I want so badly for some kind of redemption for what a sullen stuckup twig Lorenz is. So far the Golden Deer's resident's "kind of lovely attitude" people are Lorenz and Hilda but Hilda quickly becomes endearing in her support convos and weekly assignments with people like Marianne.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
So I hosed up my main character and now I can't decide on the best way to go forward from here. Currently a mercenary and I just mastered that class. I was wanting to go into swordmaster, and I kinda just assumed I would get there naturally since all I ever use is swords. Alas, my sword is C+ and I need A to get into swordsmaster. So what would the best way forward from here be?

1. Just stay mercenary, cram all resources into swording up, probably get A rank in 1 or 2 chapters and then switch to swordmaster?

2. Switch from merc to thief or some other job in the same tier for now and cram up on swords. If I do this should I stay thief/whatever until I master it? Maybe go mage since I think I need reason for the master class.

3. Go backwards and become a soldier and still cram up on swords, since the mastery costs or lower and I don't have the worst odds of mastering it before I get swords to A than I would thief?

4. Go forward into the one class I have open: Bishop. Which I have no interest in and doesn't suit my master class plans at all.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Byleth and the lords will automatically get an advanced equivalent class regardless of how low your stats are.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

I want so badly for some kind of redemption for what a sullen stuckup twig Lorenz is. So far the Golden Deer's resident's "kind of lovely attitude" people are Lorenz and Hilda but Hilda quickly becomes endearing in her support convos and weekly assignments with people like Marianne.

Lorenz's supports with Leonie and Marianne are pretty sweet.

Lorenz's thing is that he believes nobles and commoners have very specific roles but also actually believes in the whole noblesse oblige thing. He fully believes that nobles and commoners have a mutually-beneficial relationship and that it is his duty to be kind and generous to commoners. It's very weird and backwards but at the same time he absolutely does have the best of intentions.

I also really like his support chain with Claude. They never come to like each other, but they do respect one another, and Lorenz even turns down Claude's offer to make him leader of the Alliance because he's come to believe in Claude as a leader.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Zore posted:

I never got it because I didn't use Alois :negative:

you should. he's a brawler that comes with a free 50% self-heal for some reason. Also he comes with rally luck+strength so he's an easy to pick up rallybot too.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

So I hosed up my main character and now I can't decide on the best way to go forward from here. Currently a mercenary and I just mastered that class. I was wanting to go into swordmaster, and I kinda just assumed I would get there naturally since all I ever use is swords. Alas, my sword is C+ and I need A to get into swordsmaster. So what would the best way forward from here be?

1. Just stay mercenary, cram all resources into swording up, probably get A rank in 1 or 2 chapters and then switch to swordmaster?

2. Switch from merc to thief or some other job in the same tier for now and cram up on swords. If I do this should I stay thief/whatever until I master it? Maybe go mage since I think I need reason for the master class.

3. Go backwards and become a soldier and still cram up on swords, since the mastery costs or lower and I don't have the worst odds of mastering it before I get swords to A than I would thief?

4. Go forward into the one class I have open: Bishop. Which I have no interest in and doesn't suit my master class plans at all.

By all means do everything you can to skill up Byleth's sword skills, but don't worry about it too much. Swordmaster is a great class for Byleth to spend some time in for the bonkers Speed growth, but even if he doesn't get there, he'll get a unique class eventually that doesn't have any skill requirements.

If your Byleth's stat growths are going well, just hang out in Mercenary and don't even worry about it until his personal class becomes available.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I love how Felix is just like in one of Ashe's japanese animes epics of heroism

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

Lorenz's supports with Leonie and Marianne are pretty sweet.

Lorenz's thing is that he believes nobles and commoners have very specific roles but also actually believes in the whole noblesse oblige thing. He fully believes that nobles and commoners have a mutually-beneficial relationship and that it is his duty to be kind and generous to commoners. It's very weird and backwards but at the same time he absolutely does have the best of intentions.

I also really like his support chain with Claude. They never come to like each other, but they do respect one another, and Lorenz even turns down Claude's offer to make him leader of the Alliance because he's come to believe in Claude as a leader.

so Lorenz is a worse Ferdinand?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Anyone else kinda actually dislike how many A supports are romanticish? Don't really get why they should remove the S Support concept. I feel robbed of one more platonic support event.

Yeah

I know the previous s rank system had the issue of "we went on 3 mostly-related semi-dates and now i'm proposing" but you only ever saw one per pairing and you still had 3 mostly-platonic supports. It was awkward but there was enough segregation that it was just a goofy quirk

Now almost all a supports are quasi-romantic so it has all the awkwardness of a sudden s rank but with one less platonic support andwithout any of the actual follow through because none of them can commit to it because you can have as many a ranks as you want with the paired ending determined by points.

The actual supports were generally cute and had some nice stuff to wrap up their arc but also it was really funny burning through 25 supports last night (edelgard is levl 50 now....I should have planned this better) and seeing social butterfly hubert:
-trade coffe beans and tea bags (side note this one was my favorite but i dont think i can rig their paired ending together)
-get proposed to by dorothea
-get a very fancy corsage from bernadetta that, quote, "looks like something you would give to someone you love"
-have petra declare that one day hubert will be comparing to her to edelgard and win

over the course of about 15 minutes.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

so Lorenz is a worse Ferdinand?

ah, my two least favorite characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

This my first FE game, even my first tactics game since FFT. I kinda love it. I just finished the Battle of Eagle and Lion. The story so far is suitably batshit and I have no idea what's going on. I didn't think I was going to like the support videos but I do.

I picked the golden deer house despite Lorenz's weird face. Black Eagles were an obvious first pick but Hubert, Linhardt, and Caspar combine to be worse than three Lorenzes, and the Blue Lions don't have Hilda, Leonie, and Lysithea the Murder Princess.