Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

bagrada posted:

Luna Snow, Iron Hammer, and Minn-erva may be the best bet for selectors.

Don't use selectors on them but Winter Soldier and Captain America are great now with uniforms from Infinity War or Endgame. Hawkeye, Black Widow, Miles Morales and Spiderman 2099 all have costumes that make them pretty good as well.

A lot of the other amazing new guys are either mutants or are mutants and purchased directly like Psylocke, Iceman, Sabertooth and Emma Frost.

Jean, Captain Marvel and Deadpool are probably the top three in the meta usable in every game mode, at T2/T3 and with their uniforms, but those will take you a while. If you don't have Captain Marvel at T2 because she sucked until her movie came out, then she is definitely worthwhile now if you can get her movie or Endgame costume since she is relatively easy to gear up.

Thanks!!!! This is perfect

Edit: Applied to my old alliance Marble Hebrons

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I have around 5500 crystals and I don't know what to spend them on. I was thinking of saving them to get Psylocke (I guess two eventually but that's a long way off) but that's only one character, whereas I could get two of the crystal characters or buy a bunch of uniforms for people I already have so i"m not sure.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thechalkoutline posted:

Thanks!!!! This is perfect

Edit: Applied to my old alliance Marble Hebrons

youre in, welcome back grummun

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Stanfield posted:

I have around 5500 crystals and I don't know what to spend them on. I was thinking of saving them to get Psylocke (I guess two eventually but that's a long way off) but that's only one character, whereas I could get two of the crystal characters or buy a bunch of uniforms for people I already have so i"m not sure.

I think only the fantastic four uniforms are on sale at the moment so be sure to wait for a good general uniform sale. Downside to the crystal chars like Saber tooth and Iceman is you have to buy them multiple times to get them to T2. The package gets cheaper after the first buy but still adds up. Without knowing what you have already I'd just say Psylocke and Stryfe are worth it but not so much you can't aim for the characters you like best.

Good luck to everyone gunning for Silver Surfer today in the Saturday Galactus battle.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

While I'll say first buy who you want, it does feel like the best character to buy with crystals is Emma especially if you also spring for her uniform.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Psylocke does get you Stryfe as well if you have the rest of the X-Force people and you get back enough crystals to be near 2K again. I saved up for Psylocke, grabbed Stryfe, and then after another week had enough to grab Nick Fury. In a few days I should be saved up enough again to get Iceman, Sabertooth, Ghost, or Wave. I think I've just decided to grab everyone before I spring for more uniforms, but we'll see how long that holds up.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Galactus is rough but I think I've got the patterns down, at least until he goes right side. It's hard keeping a team with enough damage and know how together through the disconnects. Best so far was 40% and my last several was me soloing him down to ~50%. Giving it just one more go this morning.

fake edit: Got him down to 20x after the best damage guy left at 55x (he still had more damage than me at the end) and the other guy left at 35x. Wish this was a solo challenge instead of a group one.

real edit: If you can get a win in the trick seems to be to dump in boost points at the start. A reddit post says 280 boost points should guarantee surfer in one shot. It's not used up unless you win so its worth a shot if you can. Taking a break to let my battery recharge. I used CM lead, Sharon for alt dps and Coulson for damage buff. Haven't tried Jean yet. The best dps guys I've seen were using Sharon and would just mow through his bars but they'd ignore mechanics like sitting right outside safe zones eating all the attacks and then they'd just leave once their Sharon died around 50%.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 10, 2019

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

bagrada posted:

Galactus is rough but I think I've got the patterns down, at least until he goes right side. It's hard keeping a team with enough damage and know how together through the disconnects. Best so far was 40% and my last several was me soloing him down to ~50%. Giving it just one more go this morning.

fake edit: Got him down to 20x after the best damage guy left at 55x (he still had more damage than me at the end) and the other guy left at 35x. Wish this was a solo challenge instead of a group one.

real edit: If you can get a win in the trick seems to be to dump in boost points at the start. A reddit post says 280 boost points should guarantee surfer in one shot. It's not used up unless you win so its worth a shot if you can. Taking a break to let my battery recharge. I used CM lead, Sharon for alt dps and Coulson for damage buff. Haven't tried Jean yet. The best dps guys I've seen were using Sharon and would just mow through his bars but they'd ignore mechanics like sitting right outside safe zones eating all the attacks and then they'd just leave once their Sharon died around 50%.

this sounds like a nightmare

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I gave it a couple of goes with Captain Marvel and I was just punching a wall. I figured the patterns out enough to stay alive but I never got any help and it was just an exercise in 10 minutes of pointlessness.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

this sounds like a nightmare

What's great is when he glitches out. The camera will freak out briefly as he ports into a corner at like a 45 degree angle instead of 90. Sometimes easier to dodge his attacks, sometimes harder. After about 5 runs perfectly ducking behind his arm to avoid the attack where he sends out a ton of massive beach balls, the latest run they clipped right through his hands and went right at me. Once it zoomed in on his head hiding the field which made frogger a lot more fun to dodge.

Here's what I've noticed.
Phase 1 he'll sit there and alternate left and right arm pound attacks, trivial to dodge and they don't do much damage.

Phase 2 he should be on the left. He'll use the same left and right arm attacks but he'll also sometimes do a knockback. He can charge up and cause purple portals to appear at your feet which you can dodge by just moving a bit each time, its only difficult if your group gets in your way and blocks your path. He'll send out tons of tiny dark orbs which you can weave your way through, they only do a bit of damage but can daze you which is bad when he starts charging up his tri-beam at the same time. The tri-beam has a safe spot in the left corner closest to your screen. He'll repeat various combinations of those attacks for up to several minutes depending on your DPS. I've blown through it in seconds and I've soloed it for a long while as a dead teammate spammed YOU GOT THIS!

Phase 3 he's back to the center. He starts sucking everything in. You just don't want to be right in front of him attacking which is where most of my teammates park. Orbs in 3 streams, one meant for each player, start slowly moving towards him and I think they heal him a very small amount if they get to him. 1 decent player can get one stream and 3/4 of another. The orbs do heal you which is great if you aren't playing a self healing character. Near the end of this part, Dr Strange will cast an illusion on someone. They then need to move up to Galactus, which stuns him for a few seconds so you can just lay into him. Next he can cover the whole area in a red target then do a massive death beam from left to right. You can avoid the damage inside a shield dome that appears around front and center. He will also do the purple portals at your feet but in several large clumps instead of one at a time. Finally he'll charge up and fire several haduken massive energy balls. I haven't figured out yet if they home in on you or just come out at different angles. The first five times I ducked behind his arm and sat there safely, the sixth time they all went right through his arm and killed me.

Phase 4 he's off to the right. I only got here twice so I haven't seen all of it or if there is a phase 5. He does left and right arm attacks again, plus the purple portals and the tri-beam with corner safe zone. Instead of shooting out the dark orbs for you to frogger around, he vacuums them in so you get to dodge them while being pulled toward him if you are too close.

He'd be fun if it were solo, or if the connections were more stable, or if there was reason for most people to keep running him after you get surfer unlocked.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Lol T3 jean does great damage to Galactus but you can't see the mechanics with the fire everywhere.

edit: turned graphics to low and got him. Captain Marvel lead, White Fox, Jean Grey. 3 T3 Jeans just destroyed him. I lost both my Jean's lives at 2% when he sent out a ton of the big orbs. I got guard broken in the center of them I think and couldn't swap or get out. Was able to finish with Captain Marvel and the other jeans still standing. Spending 270 boost points, I got the 10 bios for the week with 2 rewards to spare, so with luck you don't need that much. I had +100 boost from hitting level 60 with Namor, and bought 100 more boost for 150 crystals totaling 300 boost. Heh I didn't even look at what other rewards I got.

I'm at 10/20 to recruit Surfer so I guess I get to do this all over again next week.

To add to what I said above, for phase 5 after right side he moves back to center and does the phase 3 stuff again. Only thing I saw that I thought was new was that he raised his arms above his head and roared but I didn't notice anything come of it, either it was freebie punching bag time or the jean triplets shrugged it off.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 10, 2019

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I gave it a couple of goes with Captain Marvel and I was just punching a wall. I figured the patterns out enough to stay alive but I never got any help and it was just an exercise in 10 minutes of pointlessness.

the secret i think is to check the damage totals to make sure the other players are at least pressing their buttons, and force closing the app if they arent

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That's awesome. Because I can't get 10 wins in two days on Arena I think I'm not going to be able to complete Wave's quest in time. And that's on top of the obnoxious roadblocks they keep throwing up on the Heroic Quests. This game doesn't feel much fun anymore.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I ain't down on the game but this was a disappointing update given the high cost/difficulty of all the new characters. And how anticipated Surfer was.

Do other people have trouble connecting to GBR? Like I'll get a team, the loading screen will come up, and then when the fight starts i just get a "Disconnected" message. I'm trying to figure out if that's a server problem or my phone/internet? I've got a pretty cheap phone so maybe I'm just running it too slow?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Luckily I got on a solid team and we crushed galactus. Only was able to squeeze 3 bios out of it though.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i really really wanted silver surfer and i will never get silver surfer and i think i am at peace with that

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have hopes that if Surfer/Galactus proves too difficult for people to get they'll eventually bow to complaints and adjust it or put in some work around like making him available through the pay bios or one of those short term quests X-23 and Luna got.

I don't mind a challenge but plugging away once a week hoping you get lucky with teamups and connections is a BIG challenge.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

That's awesome. Because I can't get 10 wins in two days on Arena I think I'm not going to be able to complete Wave's quest in time. And that's on top of the obnoxious roadblocks they keep throwing up on the Heroic Quests. This game doesn't feel much fun anymore.

you should have 4 days to do that one, not two. where did you get slowed down, the 'beat 3 world boss' missions?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I have hopes that if Surfer/Galactus proves too difficult for people to get they'll eventually bow to complaints and adjust it or put in some work around like making him available through the pay bios or one of those short term quests X-23 and Luna got.

I don't mind a challenge but plugging away once a week hoping you get lucky with teamups and connections is a BIG challenge.

at the moment, if you get a whale on your team, they can solo it damage-wise, so i feel like just one or two notches of power creep should let regular beefy-roster people solo it, at which point itll be fairly easy to just tag along on

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

punchymcpunch posted:

you should have 4 days to do that one, not two. where did you get slowed down, the 'beat 3 world boss' missions?

Nah, 'win 10 Timeline battles.' I've been running into a lot of teams where even with Wasp as the leader, I just get locked down and annihilated.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

What's the best team for Galactus? Silver Surfer is literally why I came back, he is my favorite :) and I want something to shoot for but I don't know who to work on T3'ing or whatever

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

What's the best team for Galactus? Silver Surfer is literally why I came back, he is my favorite :) and I want something to shoot for but I don't know who to work on T3'ing or whatever

Jean Grey is the best but also longest to farm up.

Sharon Rogers and Captain Marvel with uniforms are next and easier. Sharon may be better than jean if built and played as best she can be. Cap Marvel is just slow and steady.

If you are learning take two of them and a support and practice galactus' attack patterns. You can keep going with the other if you mess up and die, and if you're lucky a whale or two will carry you to victory.

Support: white fox, shuri, ancient one, Coulson, nick fury, probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Thankfully everyone is great in all modes, ultimate world boss, abx, time line, so its worth it. And if you don't have t3s maybe by the time you do they will put in another way to get surfer since a lot of people are having connection trouble with the event.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I've been slowly getting back into this, what should I be putting my agent bonus into? Apparently I have nearly 50 levels of this stuff since I last played.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I put my bonus into Gold because that crap will keep you from advancing more than anything else for a while.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

bagrada posted:

Jean Grey is the best but also longest to farm up.

Sharon Rogers and Captain Marvel with uniforms are next and easier. Sharon may be better than jean if built and played as best she can be. Cap Marvel is just slow and steady.

If you are learning take two of them and a support and practice galactus' attack patterns. You can keep going with the other if you mess up and die, and if you're lucky a whale or two will carry you to victory.

Support: white fox, shuri, ancient one, Coulson, nick fury, probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Thankfully everyone is great in all modes, ultimate world boss, abx, time line, so its worth it. And if you don't have t3s maybe by the time you do they will put in another way to get surfer since a lot of people are having connection trouble with the event.

I disagree. Rage CTPs make quick work of bosses and beat are the best bet against Galactus. Jean is great for PVP so I wouldn't waste one of those on her. I used Luna Snow with one and Galactus was pretty manageable, even teamed with two crappy randoms. I get that those CTPs are tough to come by, especially just coming back, but if you want Silver Surfer quickly, building up the enhancement type of Thanos or Spider-Man and spending the crystals on legendary battle to get one is absolutely worth it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

bobmcdynamite posted:

I disagree. Rage CTPs make quick work of bosses and beat are the best bet against Galactus. Jean is great for PVP so I wouldn't waste one of those on her. I used Luna Snow with one and Galactus was pretty manageable, even teamed with two crappy randoms. I get that those CTPs are tough to come by, especially just coming back, but if you want Silver Surfer quickly, building up the enhancement type of Thanos or Spider-Man and spending the crystals on legendary battle to get one is absolutely worth it.

you can even get one without bothering with type enhancement if you grab the ctp selector from the antman & wasp legendary battle

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Fair enough, I shouldn't have said best when what I meant was, what worked best for me to get my 10 bios this week with what I had (which does include a CTP energy on my Jean). I'll have to look into the extreme LBs again, I haven't bought any since Black Panther.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What does Type Enhancement have to do with getting CTP Rage?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

What does Type Enhancement have to do with getting CTP Rage?

if you buy the spiderman legendary battle and max out spidermans type enhancement, you can get one there. same deal for thanos.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

bobmcdynamite posted:

Thanks for this, I didn't know type enhancement existed, I'll prob grab the Thanos one if it's all the same.

Besides what punchy mentioned, how else would I farm a Rage CTP? Do I need that for Thanos?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

if you buy the spiderman legendary battle and max out spidermans type enhancement, you can get one there. same deal for thanos.

Is the Thanos one Infinity War?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

Is the Thanos one Infinity War?

Endgame for the Thanos stage 6 type enhancement CTP selector. You'll have to run a bunch of coop Giant Boss Raids against Master Mold to get your type enhancements up. Dump speed into Spider-Man and universal into Thanos, then whichever hits stage 6 first, buy the Spidey Mysterious Vacation LB extreme (if its spidey) or the Endgame Whatever It Takes LB extreme (if its Thanos). Beat the final stage on extreme and you get the CTP selector.

edit: like punchy said you can also get the extreme ant-man legendary battle, get the Ultron Pym uniform for Giant Man, then rank it up to Mythical. Clear the second legendary fight and you get a CTP selector as well. This is easier depending on your luck with the type enhancements, which I have no experience with. I haven't tried master mold since disconnecting too much the first week, though I may try it again now that I have more T3s .

bagrada fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 13, 2019

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
GBR is definitely worth it for universal types alone. The damage bonuses they get to every other type when they're enhanced is pretty significant.

One tip; Try to have at least 70 boost point when you do it. You can manually press the plus sign and raise the amount of rewards you get from each run. It helped me a lot.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thechalkoutline posted:

Thanks for this, I didn't know type enhancement existed, I'll prob grab the Thanos one if it's all the same.

Besides what punchy mentioned, how else would I farm a Rage CTP? Do I need that for Thanos?

bagrada posted:

edit: like punchy said you can also get the extreme ant-man legendary battle, get the Ultron Pym uniform for Giant Man, then rank it up to Mythical. Clear the second legendary fight and you get a CTP selector as well.

i only have one CTP rage, and this is how i got it. you can also farm em from galactus gbr or get em from wbu chests but lol good luck

bagrada posted:

This is easier depending on your luck with the type enhancements, which I have no experience with. I haven't tried master mold since disconnecting too much the first week, though I may try it again now that I have more T3s .

type enhancements fail a lot (and seem to fail even more post-patch but that could be coincidence), ive been trying to get captain marvel to type enhancement 6 for a few months now and failing every time. thanos needs double mats, so four max level purple type enhancers per attempt. i really would NOT recommend going for the thanos one unless youre really feeling lucky. the ultron pym costume only costs 750 when its on sale and will get you a guaranteed ctp rage, no rng

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

In news you guys already knew, Luna Snow with her costume and at Tier II is amazing.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Is there a best order for how to upgrade characters? I mostly been focusing on getting people to 6*/Tier 2 and I've got nine, plus good enough tier 1s to get to Shadowland 15. When should I start caring about obelisks and iso-8 sets and urus etc.?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Stanfield posted:

Is there a best order for how to upgrade characters? I mostly been focusing on getting people to 6*/Tier 2 and I've got nine, plus good enough tier 1s to get to Shadowland 15. When should I start caring about obelisks and iso-8 sets and urus etc.?

whenever you feel like you wish your characters did more damage. if youre crushing world boss at the moment, itll be when you try world boss ultimate, id say. (and if you arent doing world boss at all, probably its world boss normal)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I’m really kicking myself for not buying more boost last Saturday so I’d be sitting on 10 surfer bios now. Definitely going to prioritize getting 10 tomorrow but will still be locked out another week.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

The Dave posted:

I’m really kicking myself for not buying more boost last Saturday so I’d be sitting on 10 surfer bios now. Definitely going to prioritize getting 10 tomorrow but will still be locked out another week.

On the bright side, building him up is going to loving suck so you've got an extra week to build up chaos stones, black matter, extra bios, and gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I almost fed my surfer bios to a level 63. Wish you could lock bios.

Stanfield posted:

This is just what I do, it works for me but may not be optimal. Roll for an good iso-8 set on anyone you use as soon as you have enough gold to spare. It can suck if you are unlucky but usually you can get a good hawks eye, angry hulk or overdrive without much trouble. Fill that up with whatever isos you have, you can upgrade them later but the set bonus is key. I start with any appropriate custom gear. Immune to guard break or ignore defense for pve and immune to web for timeline, with helpful secondaries especially the increase damage as close to 200% as you can if the char doesn't have a built in version. You don't need to get too reroll crazy until you have resources to spare or hit a wall in what you want to do. I never bothered much with urus, but they could have helped before I had the meta native t2s ready.

A bigger roster is generally more important than shaving a few seconds off an easy kill but tweaking with skill upgrades, better isos and urus can definitely help if you are doing the speed runs to unlock Scarlet Witch for instance.