Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

brian posted:

edit: i guess it's conspiratorial but like only in the literal sense that all premeditated murder is a conspiracy to commit murder

Only if more than one person is involved! :science:

Edit: 1991, Robert Maxwell offs himself. We all wish it had been the other newspaper baron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Ms Adequate posted:

The interpretation of events most charitable to the authorities is that they were unable to bring the most significant criminal defendant of the century to trial and failed catastrophically to properly handle an obviously huge suicide risk.

I think it's near certain some shady poo poo went down, but it's just as plausible that he did himself with the deliberate support of the screws than that he was done in by an all-star team of Ezio, 47, and Punished Snake.

We don't need to go ballistic over the specifics because there is absolutely no interpretation of events here that leaves the authorities looking good.

Fwiw I do appreciate that the absolute meltdown that has consumed USMT the last couple of days has spread to our shores

Pretty much this. Whether someone killed him or he killed himself, someone hosed up royally, probably intentionally, leading to his death before the information he contained could get any further out.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

namesake posted:

You can tell me was murdered because the really insane conspiracy theorists have come up with something vastly more crazy.

Conspiracy theorists are basically hipsters. The moment any given theory starts to gain traction they instantly switch to something crazier. This is how you end up with holograms bringing down the WTC and TFL staging 7/7 to avoid having to pay out for a mechanical failure.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Julio Cruz posted:

apart from Mr Flibble who believes that option A is more likely than option B

I believe alien time travelling ninja assassins are more likely than epstein up and killed himself and all the poo poo that allowed him to so was merely coincidence, yes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
supposedly bill barr, the US attorney general who's dad got Epstein his first job after he dropped out of college as a high school teacher, went to visit him in prison 2 weeks ago

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

HorseLord posted:

It really does not matter if the pedophile died because they coerced him into killing himself and looked the other way while it happened, or if they just went in the cell and did it themselves. Those two scenarios are literally the same thing.

What I want to know is why you think that a direct killing would require impossible magic powers but an indirect one wouldn't. To take your own option B as an example how it could work:

prison guard turns camera off, goes in cell, kills Epstien.

There. That's a direct murder that takes the exact same resources as the "suicide" one.

You're not a stupid person and so you likely already imagined the exact scenario I described, but you have a posting disease and don't know how to safely back down. It's okay, you don't have to admit you are wrong, you can just stop posting and come back later when your shame dies down.

lol an actual Stalinist is accusing me of being a bad poster

The two scenarios you describe may require similar resources but that doesn’t mean they have the same outcomes - someone willingly killing themselves and someone unwillingly being murdered do tend to look a bit different in terms of injuries to the body or signs of a struggle in the cell.

The reason I favour the idea that a guard gave him what he needed for the deed and looked the other way is it’s a lot simpler to buy off a single guard than to suppress an entire high-profile criminal investigation.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Haha yeah the rich and powerful having a problem person killed off is a nutty conspiracy theory.

Yeah. In 2019. Current year 2019 arguement. I said it.

Dude everyone around Epsteins cell was probably paid off. Also make sure to watch if any guards turn up dead.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

MrFlibble posted:

I believe alien time travelling ninja assassins are more likely than epstein up and killed himself and all the poo poo that allowed him to so was merely coincidence, yes

That's literally not what Option B is though, outside of your characterization of it. Option B is that the prison guards were deliberately lax because they were either paid off or just plain don't care if an incredibly vile paedophile offs himself. You're acting like people are arguing he succeeded in an unpromted suicide attempt despite the best and sincere efforts of the prison staff when literally nobody is arguing that outside of liberals on Twitter.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Conspiracy theorists are basically hipsters. The moment any given theory starts to gain traction they instantly switch to something crazier. This is how you end up with holograms bringing down the WTC and TFL staging 7/7 to avoid having to pay out for a mechanical failure.

That's why when you come across a moon landing doubter you say "Oh huh you're one of those people who believes in the moon? Alright..."

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Ms Adequate posted:

That's literally not what Option B is though,

My statement here

quote:

If you think Epsteins death is completely unconnected to his pedophile circle of friends and he committed suicide 100% because of fear about his future/moral panic at what he did then I think you are a moron of a caliber higher than I have words to describe.

Is that a clear enough summation of my loving point?

Is the point I have stuck to. If I am mischaracterising option b in your mind, its because of the guy/gal I was responding to, not me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this got posted in the cspam epstein thread and is a great conspiracy lol

https://www.salon.com/2002/05/07/students/

[quote]In some cases, the Israelis visited locations not known to the public -- areas without street addresses, for example, or DEA offices not identified as such -- leading authorities to suspect that information had been gathered from prior surveillance or perhaps electronically, from credit cards and other sources. One Israeli was discovered holding banking receipts for substantial sums of money, close to $180,000 in withdrawals and deposits over a two-month period. A number of the Israelis resided for a period of time in Hollywood, Fla. -- the small city where Mohammed Atta and three terrorist comrades lived for a time before Sept. 11.

Officials began dealing more aggressively with the "art students." According to one account, some 140 Israeli nationals were detained or arrested between March 2001 and Sept. 11, 2001. According to the INS, the deportations resulted from violations of student visas that forbade the Israelis from working in the United States. (In fact, Salon has established that none of the Israelis were enrolled in the art school most of them claimed to be attending; the other college they claimed to be enrolled in does not exist.) After the Sept. 11 attacks, many more young Israelis -- 60, according to one AP dispatch and other reports -- were detained and deported.[ /quote]

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
It's 2019 and Trump is president, India and Pakistan are near open war, the US tried and failed to coup Venezuela, there is a concerted effort to prevent Jeremy Corbyn from becoming prime minister and almost all of the UK press is involved and there has been a massive paedophile ring operated by the elite for decades right under our noses and the only person that could spill the beans just turned up dead. I suppose you think the second Iraq war was based on lies made up by intelligence services.

It's 2019 and everything is fine and we cannot, CANNOT hear the endless howling of insanity.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

. I suppose you think the second Iraq war was based on lies made up by intelligence services.

It's 2019 and everything is fine and we cannot, CANNOT hear the endless howling of insanity.

watch this until the end

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1160921378763075584?s=20

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MrFlibble posted:

If you think Epsteins death is completely unconnected to his pedophile circle of friends and he committed suicide 100% because of fear about his future/moral panic at what he did then I think you are a moron of a caliber higher than I have words to describe.

Is that a clear enough summation of my loving point?

I don't believe in ninja assassins or whatever you braindead loving loaf, I believe the nonce ringleaders death is related to the loving nonce ring.

I really don’t know how you can read “it’s likely a guard was paid off to give him the means necessary to kill himself and then look the other way” as something entirely unconnected to his paedophile buddies

the reason this doesn’t happen to the vast majority of people on suicide watch is that they generally don’t have hundreds of wealthy powerful people who want them dead in case they decide to spill the beans

“his enemies wanted him dead” and “he wanted to kill himself” are not mutually exclusive

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
You dismissed what I was talking about as assassins first dickloaf.

And he didn't kill himself.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Wasn't that because of her mob exposé rather than the massive financial crimes nobody cared about?

Who would you pay to whack a journalist?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

This checks out being as the closest thing to an 'official story' is whatever Trump has tweeted about it before there's even been a verdict on the corpse, so they'd have to go one further. Or maybe 'the man in the hellhole solitary cell with the guards that didn't give a poo poo because Trump cut BoP funding killed himself' will become the wild new conspiracy theory because all the others are taken.

Some of the 7/7 conspiracy theories start to make sense when you look at all the evidence, like inspectors turning up unannounced and messing around under the trains, or one of the backpack guys having links to security services, but that's mostly because 'all the evidence' includes a bunch of random poo poo like sometimes people do just turn up places and sometimes parts just fail.

e: ^^^ Barry George

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MrFlibble posted:

you realise that just repeating “Epstein didn’t kill himself” without any reason or logic doesn’t make it any more true, right

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The problem with the idea of how you give Epstien the means to kill himself is that he then would have to do it.

Epstien was a narcissist with a massive amount of money and influence even in the face of his arrest. The last time they arrested him they gave him the lightest sentence for child rape. He got to go home on the weekends and come and go to work, and his work was pimping children.

He wasn't going to kill himself.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

you realise that just repeating “Epstein didn’t kill himself” without any reason or logic doesn’t make it any more true, right

You realise that he didn't kill himself?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Julio Cruz posted:

you realise parroting the wealthy nonce rings version of events makes you a simpering credulous bootlicker, right?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well yes, that's why Trump retweeted their version.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Julio Cruz posted:

I really don’t know how you can read “it’s likely a guard was paid off to give him the means necessary to kill himself and then look the other way” as something entirely unconnected to his paedophile buddies

the reason this doesn’t happen to the vast majority of people on suicide watch is that they generally don’t have hundreds of wealthy powerful people who want them dead in case they decide to spill the beans

“his enemies wanted him dead” and “he wanted to kill himself” are not mutually exclusive

MrFlibble posted:

Him being purposefully allowed/forced/coerced to kill himself and him being offed by somebody else are functionally the same. Maybe you can both stfu cause you're really making GBS threads up the thread.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
^ fair point I’m done with this tinfoiler moron now

MrFlibble posted:

you realise parroting the wealthy nonce rings version of events makes you a simpering credulous bootlicker, right?

for someone who’s keen to bring up the precedent of the number of previous suicides in a certain prison as justification for your opinion you’re surprisingly eager to ignore the literally hundreds of paedophiles who’ve killed themselves rather than end up in jail

hmm maybe they were all killed by their wealthy client list too, makes u think

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Julio Cruz posted:

yeah but if you accept the former, why do you need to assume he cooperated? And if it just comes down to the method used to kill him, why does it matter if he did?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Julio Cruz posted:

for someone who’s keen to bring up the precedent of the number of previous suicides in a certain prison as justification for your opinion you’re surprisingly eager to ignore the literally hundreds of paedophiles who’ve killed themselves rather than end up in jail

hmm maybe they were all killed by their wealthy client list too, makes u think

The fact that you think this is a burn has made things clearer to me now.

I am also done.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Narcissism is positively correlated with suicide risk. Long odds, and foul play is plausible, but I would laugh real hard if he offed himself because the entire world found out about his weird egg penis and his plan to become the human genetic baseline.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Jose posted:

this got posted in the cspam epstein thread and is a great conspiracy lol

https://www.salon.com/2002/05/07/students/

[quote]In some cases, the Israelis visited locations not known to the public -- areas without street addresses, for example, or DEA offices not identified as such -- leading authorities to suspect that information had been gathered from prior surveillance or perhaps electronically, from credit cards and other sources. One Israeli was discovered holding banking receipts for substantial sums of money, close to $180,000 in withdrawals and deposits over a two-month period. A number of the Israelis resided for a period of time in Hollywood, Fla. -- the small city where Mohammed Atta and three terrorist comrades lived for a time before Sept. 11.

Officials began dealing more aggressively with the "art students." According to one account, some 140 Israeli nationals were detained or arrested between March 2001 and Sept. 11, 2001. According to the INS, the deportations resulted from violations of student visas that forbade the Israelis from working in the United States. (In fact, Salon has established that none of the Israelis were enrolled in the art school most of them claimed to be attending; the other college they claimed to be enrolled in does not exist.) After the Sept. 11 attacks, many more young Israelis -- 60, according to one AP dispatch and other reports -- were detained and deported.[ /quote]

I love this because the actual reason tons of Israelis are deported and denied visas to the US (especially "art students") is because they all go there to work those lovely sales kiosks in malls and earn a ton of money (I know someone who made 100k in 2 years) by aggressively selling 'dead sea salts and mud' to helpless old ladies.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

guys if he was talked into doing it or someone did it to him it doesn't change the fact that a ruling class conspiracy to sexually exploit and/or enslave poor and vulnerable people, especially children, is currently in operation and being protected and facilitated by a network of intelligence agencies, private military contractors, law enforcement and media. i mean that still exists however he actually died.

also inmates have said there is nothing in those cells you can use to kill yourself so unless he chewed into his own wrists someone slipped him a weapon or noose or whatever.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Whatever happened, the line that is most useful to the international pedo cabal is that he was killed but there's absolutely no way to prove it, keep both the suicide and targetted killing theories going.

That sows fear into the minds of any witness or survivor considering testifying that if they can do it to a well connected billionaire in a solitary cell and get away with it then they can do it to you too.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Guavanaut posted:

Whatever happened, the line that is most useful to the international pedo cabal is that he was killed but there's absolutely no way to prove it, keep both the suicide and targetted killing theories going.

That sows fear into the minds of any witness or survivor considering testifying that if they can do it to a well connected billionaire in a solitary cell and get away with it then they can do it to you too.

i was thinking the same thing, can you imagine how terrified and isolated they must feel right now

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

gh0stpinballa posted:

guys if he was talked into doing it or someone did it to him it doesn't change the fact that a ruling class conspiracy to sexually exploit and/or enslave poor and vulnerable people, especially children, is currently in operation and being protected and facilitated by a network of intelligence agencies, private military contractors, law enforcement and media. i mean that still exists however he actually died.

also inmates have said there is nothing in those cells you can use to kill yourself so unless he chewed into his own wrists someone slipped him a weapon or noose or whatever.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Miftan posted:

I love this because the actual reason tons of Israelis are deported and denied visas to the US (especially "art students") is because they all go there to work those lovely sales kiosks in malls and earn a ton of money (I know someone who made 100k in 2 years) by aggressively selling 'dead sea salts and mud' to helpless old ladies.

lol but if you read the article it was definitely way more than that. They doorstepped tons of DEA agents

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I killed jeffrey epstein with a surgical online own

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

its pretty much the same as these except way more ridiculous because of his first arrest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_Murders

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Dutroux

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Epstein was killed by 30-50 wild hogs and he lacked an AR15 to defend himself.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Deleter posted:

Epstein was killed by 30-50 wild hogs and he lacked an AR15 to defend himself.

this mental image gets even funnier if you assume by "hogs" that guy was talking about a bunch of huge swinging dongers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

now he's dead they should show us all his egg shaped dick

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Jose posted:

its pretty much the same as these except way more ridiculous because of his first arrest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_Murders

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Dutroux

yep, no way you can know about that stuff and think this is just a lone paedophile with some powerful friends.

what i'm realising, perhaps later than everyone else, is that the more the connections sprawl, the clearer it becomes that epstein is actually the least important figure in the epstein scandal.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

this mental image gets even funnier if you assume by "hogs" that guy was talking about a bunch of huge swinging dongers

Beaten to death by penises. An ironic fate.

Jose posted:

now he's dead they should show us all his egg shaped dick

Post it all the way to the loving islands. Let everyone know about his secret egg dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Jose posted:

lol but if you read the article it was definitely way more than that. They doorstepped tons of DEA agents

lol the University of Jerusalem definitely exists it's just called The Hebrew University. Most of it still sounds like the sales thing I know except someone bought a painting and now everyone goes to the same place to try and sell them. Like, I'm willing to believe it's actually a mossad thing piggybacking off the actual salespeople but :shrug:. I'm pretty sure the IDF doesn't send people to do overseas espionage and it said some of them were in the army as if that means anything. It doesn't make any sense other than they are draft dodgers or on vacation (and overseas leave is VERY hard to get). Oh the israelis lived in Fort Lauderdale? I wonder if that place is known for anything else? Like, again, this COULD be mossad, but it sounds super standard from everything I can tell.

e okay I read further it does sound like Israeli intelligence was piggybacking on the art thing which is very funny