Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am interested to see how or if they will try to redeem the abusive girl.

Also the side characters need more chapters.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

chumbler posted:

I am interested to see how or if they will try to redeem the abusive girl.
I am not

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Count how many times each chapter the artist draws a girl as a talking pair of thighs.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sindai posted:

Count how many times each chapter the artist draws a girl as a talking pair of thighs.

Ace Ventura reboot getting real in on the genderswapped comedy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I went to the museum today and it was fun. Had the Jim Henson exhibit. Saw a Kermit.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsg5Ho5EYBY

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I haven't kept up on Banchou lady does he still not realize he's her boyfriend or did they finally get past that? Also did that girl just fuckin anime knockout chop him.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Glagha posted:

I haven't kept up on Banchou lady does he still not realize he's her boyfriend or did they finally get past that?
hahahahaahhahaahahaah

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I also saw these absolute legends

https://twitter.com/Waffleman_/status/1160926346274639872

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

I find it funny that I rarely ever see anything about the actual protagonist of SSSS.Gridman. it's always just the robot or the two main girls.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

its cool how well the old felt muppets keep compared to any latex based puppet or effect

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

those arent the original wilkins and wontkins though, they were remade for an anniversary special

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

gently caress yes

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I watched an hour those commercials back to back and now.I call all coffee Wilkin's. Having a Wilkin's right now in fact.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

I watched an hour those commercials back to back and now.I call all coffee Wilkin's. Having a Wilkin's right now in fact.

did you see defunctlands jim henson doc, its super good

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the final episode is this 3 story simultaneous narrative that details jim hensons final days and stress at dealing with disney and the jim henson hour, the procession of his wake, and the tv aired memorial special all at the same time and it was too much, i cried a bunch.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

I find it funny that I rarely ever see anything about the actual protagonist of SSSS.Gridman. it's always just the robot or the two main girls.

That's you seeing things about the actual protagonists.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

(Spoilers for the whole show, you've been warned!) While he is no doubt important to both Akane and Rikka's backstories, the Yuuta we see for almost the whole series is just basically Gridman himself hitchin' a ride on his body. Once Gridman stops that noise, that's the actual Yuuta Hibiki.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
rikka and akane are the main characters of gridman

almost literally all of the meaningful development in the story centers around them and their relationship is the driving force of the entire back half of the show

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 12, 2019

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

That makes sense then. It wasn't a show I was particularly interested in, and I never read enough to find that out.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's a good show, it's about teenage depression and isolation

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Besides him being kinda bland, he's not really the main character focus of the story-that would be Rika and especially Akane. It definitely would not be an exaggeration to say that it is Akane's story first a nb d foremost.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

GorfZaplen posted:

if you don't go with wilkins, you just don't go

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

did you see defunctlands jim henson doc, its super good

I'm going to watch it now

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm going to watch it now

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

the final episode is this 3 story simultaneous narrative that details jim hensons final days and stress at dealing with disney and the jim henson hour, the procession of his wake, and the tv aired memorial special all at the same time and it was too much, i cried a bunch.

It's real good and I recommend it even if you're not that into henson

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

lmfao, his face in the last panel

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

klapman posted:

lmfao, his face in the last panel

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

It's really time for a new av, yeah. I'm dropping the epic depression poster thing

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

disagree

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'd buy a new av (or a blank), if not for the word "buy" there

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
https://youtu.be/pfkBYHFZAt8

Chocomint Ice Ice Ice!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I love how this video reinforces Akane's Seyana as a self defense mechanism

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1161022873143861248?s=21

KT has trademarked an Isekai Musou. God help us.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm not sure I'd call it an actual fault of the show but yeah it's a bit of a bummer that Yuuta is such a non-entity in the story overall.

SSSS.Gridman was a show that I had a ton of thoughts about as a watched it (enough that I watched it all the way through twice over back-to-back), but overall in the end liked it a whole lot. I regretted not being there for the discourse at the time when it was airing.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Playable Ainz Ooal Gown please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cant wait for seieki musou