Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Neorxenawang posted:

One time when I was about ten, I pretended to be Saddam Hussein in a giant robot, destroying buildings in a city (kicking over dandelions). The flying dandelion seeds were all the innocent people parachuting to safety.

(This was about the time of the first Gulf War, so it's not that weird, right? Right?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Jesus Christ:

Devils Affricate posted:

Have they even released the apparent cause of death? All I'm seeing anywhere is just the vague term "suicide"

Vashro posted:

hanging right? not sure what with

bee eater posted:

apparently w children

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
im actually a pretty good neighbor except for that one time i got so drunk i thought i was the guy from streetcar named desire and went to the parking lot and kept screaming "Sandy!!!!" at random people's balconies. yes i am aware her name is stella

neighbors still asking who Sandy is and it's like man gently caress if i know you tell me

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Jesus Christ:

“Devils Affricate” is a hell of a username.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Subjunctive posted:

“Devils Affricate” is a hell of a username.

I love linguistics jokes.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Brolander posted:

how about fleshlight sesh then a halcion.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

and on and on

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Outrail posted:

What says 'I don't give a poo poo what anyone thinks'? I mean really, truly, honestly don't give a single flying gently caress.

I like to think cumshitter is a lovely 87 year old grandmother of six who got bored when the grandchildren moved away and one day fell into the internet like a pig in poo poo.

Cumshitter is obviously the mirror universe Three Olives.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Subjunctive posted:

and on and on

I got that reference dot gif

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

cumshitter posted:

im actually a pretty good neighbor except for that one time i got so drunk i thought i was the guy from streetcar named desire and went to the parking lot and kept screaming "Sandy!!!!" at random people's balconies. yes i am aware her name is stella

neighbors still asking who Sandy is and it's like man gently caress if i know you tell me

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Cumshitter is obviously the mirror universe Three Olives.

mirror universe three olives is a poor straight person who everyone loves to see post

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

mirror universe three olives is a poor straight person who everyone loves to see post

Living in a subterranean bunker out in the woods.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

sebmojo posted:

I got that reference dot gif

It's direct and in context, too.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I wonder why he's so bitter and unpleasant

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Outrail posted:

Living in a subterranean bunker out in the woods.

With a deteriorating spine

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mm, two out of three ain't bad.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tango alpha delta posted:

Holy loving poo poo, the entire "Space Marine" genre was invented by a not so obscure science fiction writer way back in the 1950's, you illiterate clod. The book I'm referring too is so incredibly influential that it's on the reading lists at Colorado Springs, Coronado and loving West Point.

That's right, motherfuckers, most of our favorite video games were inspired by one man from Missouri.

Holy gently caress, this level of stupidity makes me ashamed to be a gamer. gently caress.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's what makes him ashamed to be a gamer?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

The worst part of being a gamer has been telling my parents I'm gay.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"illiterate clod" is a good one. Any opportunity to call someone a clod.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Doubtful, it's impossible to have a sense of shame and be a gamer.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Bertrand Hustle posted:

"illiterate clod" is a good one. Any opportunity to call someone a clod.

"Inconsiderate clod" used to be a meme on slashdot like 20 years ago, that poster is probably 40 while identifying as a gamer lol

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It was actually "you insensitive clod," you insensitive clod!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

drat, It Feels Good To Be A Gamer

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

Oh yeah

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The only difference between this song and the original is that that every N word now has a hard R

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The B side of that joke:

Surprisingly that version uses the n word more

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Posting for the quotes thread:

Spanish Manlove posted:

The only difference between this song and the original is that that every N word now has a hard R

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Both space and marines have been around longer than the USA has, and for most of that time any sort of theoretical warship imagined to sail the skies or voyage between worlds was assumed to function somewhat like a naval vessel, with a captain and bosuns mate and decks and poo poo like that, so it would drat well have a few marines on board if there was going to be any possibility of like, boarding action, marching prisoners around, alien space men, occupied ground targets etc.

Unless I'm missing something its an intuitive response to having space, ships, and marines available. Like nobody had to invent space pirates or space hulks, WH40K may have defined these things but they're among the first ideas anybody would have when presented with the concept of ships that fly thru space.

Thats just how humans do war stuff. That's what our species brings to the table, storm troopers & huge explosions.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

like these guys are prob. a lot tougher than they look

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bump_fn posted:

i started chernobyl it’s really good

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Y'know to be fair he's responding to Rutibex who consistently has the worst opinions about every game (video games and board games)

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

canyoneer posted:

Y'know to be fair he's responding to Rutibex who consistently has the worst opinions about every game (video games and board games)

It's also the roughly Ten Billionth argument about if Starcraft and various other 'grizzled marines fighting aliens' games were ripoffs of 40K instead of, you know, acknowledging all the other things that aren't 40K that they could pull from.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

Calm down, Peridot.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Torchlighter posted:

It's also the roughly Ten Billionth argument about if Starcraft and various other 'grizzled marines fighting aliens' games were ripoffs of 40K instead of, you know, acknowledging all the other things that aren't 40K that they could pull from.

Having worked at Blizzard, they had StarCraft concept are painted on the wall almost identical to the big art for the 40k set I got in 1991.

It wasn't an original idea on the part of games workshop, but there is no way that artwork being so close was an accident.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not everything is Warhammer but Warcraft and Starcraft definitely are.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RFC2324 posted:

Having worked at Blizzard, they had StarCraft concept are painted on the wall almost identical to the big art for the 40k set I got in 1991.

It wasn't an original idea on the part of games workshop, but there is no way that artwork being so close was an accident.

This is a very fuzzy recollection, but wasn't StarCraft originally a Warhammer game that lost the license, or am I thinking of something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This is a very fuzzy recollection, but wasn't StarCraft originally a Warhammer game that lost the license, or am I thinking of something else?

Warcraft tried to be a Warhammer game.

They were making it anyway, and tried to get the rights to make it sell better but couldn't.