Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ForgetMeNot ended up being a key puzzle piece of Si Spurrier's X-Force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Edge & Christian posted:

The Official Marvel Try-Out Book in 1984

R O loving L it's 2019 and I just realized I must have crapped out of that competition.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Have Storm and Thor interacted much? Wasn't Storms thing that she was worshipped as a weather Goddess? Did she ever have a memorable reaction to meeting the actual God of Thunder? That must have been a bit humbling.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Have Storm and Thor interacted much? Wasn't Storms thing that she was worshipped as a weather Goddess? Did she ever have a memorable reaction to meeting the actual God of Thunder? That must have been a bit humbling.
I think they did when the X-Men went to Asgard and Loki gave her her own magic hammer.

They dated for a bit in Marvel Adventures Avengers.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Yvonmukluk posted:

They dated for a bit in Marvel Adventures Avengers.

Was that the digest added comic? I loved that.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think they did when the X-Men went to Asgard and Loki gave her her own magic hammer.

I'm afraid not in this case. That story took place in the middle of Simonson's run and Thor was missing from Asgard at the time because he was a frog. The What If based on this arc has Throg fight Thorm and it's a decent, though abrupt, follow up to that arc.

The general isolation of the X-Men line has kept Storm away from Thor and in the cases where Storm starts getting used in the wider Marvel Universe, there's usually a case of bad timing with Thor out of the picture at that moment.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 11, 2019

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

What is the most Cyclops has interacted with Captain America?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

bessantj posted:

What is the most Cyclops has interacted with Captain America?

He shot him on a beach in AvX.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

10 Beers posted:

He shot him on a beach in AvX.

That'll put a dampener on any slash fiction. Always thought they'd make a good team for a one issue story.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Scott the fascist and Steve the progressive. I'd read it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The last six issues of A+X featured a six part Cap and Cyclops team up that was pretty good.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

There was also a What If where it turned out that Cap was helping Wanda when Disassembled happened. When the heroes went after them, it was decided that Cyclops was the only one who could match Cap in terms of tactics.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's barely come up ever but if I remember right, Scott is a closet Cap fanboy. I bet you could have fun with that.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Who would win in a game of pool between Cap, Cyclops, and Daredevil?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Are they only allowed to shoot from a distance using their shield/optic blasts/baton?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Whoever goes first...?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean theoretically any game of pool in the MCU would include 8-Ball and he'd win.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

It doesn't matter because they all get sharked by Taskmaster

Unmature
May 9, 2008

kustomkarkommando posted:

Though the placement of the balls is entirely random, so would his ability to replicate skills and movements actually be useful if every show is theoretically entirely ne-oh dear I've gone cross eyed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the answer is longshot as long as money isn't on the table or if he's doing it to help keep an orphanage stay open

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Could Scott tell the difference between the red and yellow balls.

This is important

Edit: also based on daredevils past costumes his ability to discern yellow from red is also in question

kustomkarkommando fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 12, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

This is important

No it isn't, they have numbers on the balls.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I'm forgetting that about American pool - British pool is eight-ball with numberless red and yellows

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

you can't always see the number on the ball! that's why they're colored in the first place!!!

I'm forgetting that about American pool - British pool is eight-ball with numberless red and yellows

is that what they call "snooker"

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Alaois posted:

is that what they call "snooker"

Snooker is all different colours - with pool it's just red and yellow and a player picks up a colour, pots all there is of it, then the black.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Fake him out by completely whiffing the first shot

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Unmature posted:

Though the placement of the balls is entirely random, so would his ability to replicate skills and movements actually be useful if every show is theoretically entirely ne-oh dear I've gone cross eyed

His power should allow him to easily perfect hitting the cue ball in various ways but I'm fuzzy on how his power works with marksmanship and aim. Because it's one thing for your form to be perfect and another for your aim to be. Hitting the cue ball in the exact dead centre and sending it forward in an exact straight line would be easy for him to do each time, but I dunno how good he'd be at picking which straight line is the right one for what he wanted to do. And it'd be the same for different spins and jumps on the ball.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I also just imagine taskmaster spends his off days sharking at pool halls anyway

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I also just imagine taskmaster spends his off days sharking at pool halls anyway

Darts would be a lot easier. Notwithstanding having to shoot around other darts in the same scoring sections, he'd only need to memorize a repertoire of 82 shots to utterly master the game.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Alaois posted:

the answer is longshot as long as money isn't on the table or if he's doing it to help keep an orphanage stay open

What if he's playing against Domino or the Black Cat?

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

A lot better than Daredevil could I imagine.

Although this is probably where someone tells me that Daredevil can tell numbered balls apart by smelling the colours or some such bullshit.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

prefect posted:

What if he's playing against Domino or the Black Cat?

according to Domino's narration in one of the last issues of her solo series, when multiple probability-based supers get together their powers bounce off each other in unexpected ways that causes things to veer wildly off course so nobody wins

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

A lot better than Daredevil could I imagine.

Although this is probably where someone tells me that Daredevil can tell numbered balls apart by smelling the colours or some such bullshit.

There’s a scene in Daredevil: Yellow where he ends up sinking every ball. It doesn’t make much sense.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hmm... assuming they're playing at a bar, Daredevil could definitely identify the cue ball by its deformations and the chalk that got rubbed off onto it. He might be able to identify the 8-ball since it's the ball that's been knocked around the least. It's a stretch, but I suppose he could tell the stripes and solids apart because of different temperatures on the ball or something goofy like that. Of course, all this goes out the window if it's brand new balls or they're rarely played with.

The real answer is that Daredevil just asks someone what each of the balls are before the break and then keeps track of them.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I got the mental image of smart sinking the 8 ball on his first shot but no one wants to tell him that.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

X-O posted:

The last six issues of A+X featured a six part Cap and Cyclops team up that was pretty good.

Gavok posted:

There was also a What If where it turned out that Cap was helping Wanda when Disassembled happened. When the heroes went after them, it was decided that Cyclops was the only one who could match Cap in terms of tactics.

Thank you, going to have to read those.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So I was wondering, how did anyone ever find out Superman can't see through lead? Like, I guess it's logical that villains would hear "x-ray vision" and attempt to stop it with lead like real life/actual science, but when or why did Superman confirm it? Because that seems like a weakness that Superman wouldn't want to let the public know about.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't know about modern versions but Golden and Silver Age Superman was just constantly yelling about his weaknesses and how his powers worked.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Chris Reeves Superman tells Lois Lane in their first interview and she probably printed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah probably a combination of self-declared power announcement and bad guys going "hmm he calls it x-ray vision but x-rays are blocked by lead so..."