Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
It’s winter in Australia but they don’t usually get snow.

Like it’s summer in Canada, but the thermometer in Kuujjuaq shouldn’t hit 27C. Ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Dinesh seems like the kind of guy who would be confused as to why an air conditioner would get hot.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

Dinesh seems like the kind of guy who would be confused as to why an air conditioner would get hot.
Even if he understood it he would lie about it.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

FrozenVent posted:

It’s winter in Australia but they don’t usually get snow.

Like it’s summer in Canada, but the thermometer in Kuujjuaq shouldn’t hit 27C. Ever.

They have ski resorts in Australia tho.

They suck, but they exist.

I guess the question is where in Australia is it snowing.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Same poo poo as the polar vortex this year or last or whatever, "IF COLD THEN WHY CLIMATE CHANGE?!?!"

"Umm, because this is all the cold air that is supposed to be over the north pole which is like 50 degrees hotter than usual right now you ignorant hog-fucker."

Not that it matters, it's fascist propaganda. The card says, "moops"

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
He'd probably tell everyone that an AC works by absorbing all the heat or some poo poo

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Smiling Jack posted:

They have ski resorts in Australia tho.

They suck, but they exist.

I guess the question is where in Australia is it snowing.

Supposedly NSW, which seems to get snow annually so :shrug:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

He'd probably tell everyone that an AC works by absorbing all the heat or some poo poo

Well it does

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
uhhh I dont think new south wales should be getting snow, my dad use to live there and he said it never snowed when he lived there, but that was 30-40 years ago

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

uhhh I dont think new south wales should be getting snow, my dad use to live there and he said it never snowed when he lived there, but that was 30-40 years ago

Large parts of NSW are at higher elevation. The Blue Mountains aren't super high, but high enough as to be a few degrees cooler than the coastal plane where you find Sydney. They're where the bulk of the snow fell.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Not to mention the ski resorts in Victoria all being like "CROIKEY M8 WE JUST GOT BLOODY NEAR A METRE AN'A-HALF-A SNOW IN LESS THAN A WEEK" currently

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

psydude posted:

Large parts of NSW are at higher elevation. The Blue Mountains aren't super high, but high enough as to be a few degrees cooler than the coastal plane where you find Sydney. They're where the bulk of the snow fell.

Yeah I got confused and asked about northern Australia and not southern, was thinking of Northern hemisphere and not southern

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Upbeat current event: Simone Biles is practically a superhero. She pulled off a physics-defying during a competition.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

holocaust bloopers posted:

Upbeat current event: Simone Biles is practically a superhero. She pulled off a physics-defying during a competition.

Watch Katelyn Ohashi from UCLA she was/is amazing too

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I have nowhere to put this and y'all seem to be kind of Virgina heavy so:

https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/1161016456588529666?s=19

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yeah it's loving insane:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1160722993682796546?s=19

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

jfc

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
That’s SO MUCH AIR

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

neil armstrong did something similar on the agena mission but he had a gyro helping

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Biles just being like she does that poo poo to sit down at breakfast nbd

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I haven’t seen that much disrespect to the laws of physics since the space shuttle.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

FAUXTON posted:

neil armstrong did something similar on the agena mission but he had a gyro helping

His name was Scott. Also, how the hell did she get that high, that's amazing.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hexyflexy posted:

His name was Scott. Also, how the hell did she get that high, that's amazing.

high power to weight ratio - I think one of the replies pointed out she was around 10 ft up at the peak of the jump, which is absolutely bonkers even with the floor being springy.

for comparison, regulation basketball hoops are 10ft high.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

high power to weight ratio - I think one of the replies pointed out she was around 10 ft up at the peak of the jump, which is absolutely bonkers even with the floor being springy.

for comparison, regulation basketball hoops are 10ft high.

Why aren't basketball courts made of this material? We could finally live out our NBA Jam fantasies.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Icon Of Sin posted:

I haven’t seen that much disrespect to the laws of physics since the space shuttle.

Physics eventually forced two shuttles to show some respect

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
The Mooch jumped ship

https://twitter.com/scaramucci/status/1160881304071749633?s=21

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Why aren't basketball courts made of this material? We could finally live out our NBA Jam fantasies.

Sounds like you haven’t heard of the short lived sport of Slamball

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Suicide Watch posted:

To no one’s surprise, changes in YouTube’s recommendation algorithm are suspected in leading to the rise in right wing nationalism in Brazil.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/11/world/americas/youtube-brazil.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

What’s ironic to me is how authoritarian regimes actively try to crush free speech/the media, but citizens in these struggling countries willingly eat up this right wing propaganda

It doesn't matter if it's left or right wing. The regime doesn't control it. It can easily be used against them (by another right-wing usurper), thus it must be suppressed. Rules for Rulers, yo.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Based on that pad for her landing, I'd venture that ballers knees would just explode on impact.

The floor routine is getting to the point that high jump reached decades ago, where the fall begins to border on fatal by the old standard of safety.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Tweets are easy and this guy's sleezy. Let me know when he starts humping the limelight with this new message half as hard as he did during his 11 days of attacking everyone screaming the truth in his face, then I'll maybe start caring. Converting only when you finally get cut off isn't exactly impressive. Want redemption instead of scorn? Put in the work.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
At least do it in the style of mooch that we love

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

How much of a height bonus does the springy floor add? Like, does it do a bit of a trampoline effect?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

bulletsponge13 posted:

How much of a height bonus does the springy floor add? Like, does it do a bit of a trampoline effect?

A little and maybe padding on landing.

Here’s one of Ohashi’s floor routines

https://youtu.be/4ic7RNS4Dfo

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/mhanham/status/1161045881220554753?s=19

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What an unbelievably stupid loving thing to put on Twitter gently caress me what the gently caress

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Fallom posted:

What an unbelievably stupid loving thing to put on Twitter gently caress me what the gently caress

Haha Russia could just blow something up and say " Ooops that was our cyber weapon that targets X and Y" and wait for the Trump tweet saying we have the same thing but better.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Fallom posted:

On the other hand, why would you assume anything he says on Twitter is accurate? He also said that the F-35 is an invisible plane.

E:f;b

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
in tech bubble news, yahoo just sold tumblr to the makers of wordpress for...3 million dollars

they paid 1.1bn for it like what, two years ago

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Vasudus posted:

in tech bubble news, yahoo just sold tumblr to the makers of wordpress for...3 million dollars

next Yahoo buys os2/warp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Vasudus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uIrAN4JneY