Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pretty cool, and no doubt a fuckload of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jSrUh1FDxg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Slim Pickens posted:

Pretty cool, and no doubt a fuckload of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jSrUh1FDxg

You should play Siege with us sometime, dude.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I didn't think anyone in gip played it. I'll hop on Friday night.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Myself, UP THE BUM NO BABY, 45 ACP CURES NAZIS, and a couple others. Terrortroutzzzz (nongip) if you remember him from when we all played pubg.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Myself, UP THE BUM NO BABY, 45 ACP CURES NAZIS, and a couple others. Terrortroutzzzz (nongip) if you remember him from when we all played pubg.

None other than the King of GIP Anime, Crown Prince of the Coast Guard, and all around cool dude El Maligno also plays

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

None other than the King of GIP Anime, Crown Prince of the Coast Guard, and all around cool dude El Maligno also plays

That is true, it's just very infrequent. And there are a few who will Terry Hunt but not play casual/ranked.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Easily defeated.

Fitting.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Must be an echo main

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
What do you guys play Siege on?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
primarily PC I'm guessing? I think the standard version is $20 right now.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Steam specifically.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw comes out on Tuesday and it might finally get me to install that goddamn Epic launcher. gently caress.

I got Age of Wonders: Planetfall and I don't like it. The UI is bad and it probably needs a good round of tweaking.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Vasudus posted:

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw comes out on Tuesday and it might finally get me to install that goddamn Epic launcher. gently caress.

I got Age of Wonders: Planetfall and I don't like it. The UI is bad and it probably needs a good round of tweaking.

I can't wait for RGO.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Vasudus posted:

I am still loving around with Dragon Quest Builders 2. I probably have 20 hours in by this point and i am wrapping up the first of three islands. The game keeps the charm of all of the monsters and adds a pretty cool crafting system and simple arpg type combat.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

primarily PC I'm guessing? I think the standard version is $20 right now.

Ah, drat. I only play on my Xbox. The only online stuff I really do with any frequency is Halo, Siege, Forza, and Bad Co. 2.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

still rocking bad company 2? respect.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So I've pretty much just used my switch as my travel gaming platform and never have it docked to a TV.

Just hooked it up to my 55 inch OLED TV and drat does BOTW look good. I mean it looks good handheld but it's definitely impressive on a good TV.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im the opposite i leave mine docked forever

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Tower is the worst map. Three matches in a row and the third being Hostage led to some frowned upon play.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah tower sucks. When I play with my buddies they back out any time tower or favela pop up. (I like the paper house feel of favela, personally)

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Once you get past the interminable "Hey here are the multiplayer maps this hour" cutscene every time you boot it up, Splatoon 2 is really fun.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tower is the worst map. Three matches in a row and the third being Hostage led to some frowned upon play.

Shoulda killed more.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

orange juche posted:

Shoulda killed more.

I was trying.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

south park the fractured but whole costs more than battlefront 2 and i think that is pretty funny

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Two matches in a row, but the point stands. Also the fact that Trout immediately Fuzed the hostage the next round after your ban and received the same punishment is interesting. And funny.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got Star Valor because I was disappointed in AoW:Planetfall for 15 bucks. It’s a fun, simple space game that scratches that grinding itch. As I typically do, I found it and it got its hooks into me towards the end of the weekend on a day I actually have to do things.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Vasudus posted:

Aw gently caress.

It's not getting a console release?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Handsome Ralph posted:

Aw gently caress.

It's not getting a console release?

It shouldn't effect console releases according to GRO's faq on the subject. It'll be exclusive to the epic store for a full year, though. Epic is leeching from Steam by offering developers a bigger slice of the pie (88% vs Steam's 70%) so I can't blame people for going the exclusive route.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Slim Pickens posted:

It shouldn't effect console releases according to GRO's faq on the subject. It'll be exclusive to the epic store for a full year, though. Epic is leeching from Steam by offering developers a bigger slice of the pie (88% vs Steam's 70%) so I can't blame people for going the exclusive route.

Yeah I can't fault devs for going for the bigger cut but considering how lovely Epic's been with their launcher (they just announced no preloads for BL3 today) and everything else, I'm fine waiting for console or a steam release.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Yeah, same thing with MW5:Mercs. I'm waiting till it steams.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The internet is busy trying to turn Epic vs. Steam into anti-GamerGate vs. GamerGate so that’s a real fuckin fun blast from the past

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

What?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Fallom posted:

The internet is busy trying to turn Epic vs. Steam into anti-GamerGate vs. GamerGate so that’s a real fuckin fun blast from the past

jfc gamers are the worst type of people

if someone self identifies as a gamer they should be put in prison imo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Some internet shitbags sent death threats to a developer that got picked up for Epic exclusivity and twitter drew the lines between Steam and Epic for a new Gaming Culture War.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

sounds like a bunch of idiots who didnt buy a switch, the true gamer's platform

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
There isn't a single reason for me make a purchase on the epic game store. Steam has been around for well over a decade, has better features plus the rest of my gaming library.

Until other platforms have something better to offer than steam, I have no reason to bother buying anything outside of Steam.

Plus paying for games to just be on anything but Steam is a lovely business practice and not one I'm willing to support.

The epic game store can go gently caress itself. I'll just wait for the steam release.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

p. much. i got mad enough having to use the MS store for Killer Instinct and Minecraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I like Microsoft’s new monthly pass thing. It’s $5 a month and you get a ton of good games with it. Reminds me of that old rear end gaming Netflix service that was out like 12 years ago.