Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

SO DEMANDING posted:

nope, i'm still on 1803 and it's gone, the only option is to set as a metered connection. but i wouldn't be surprised if you do see it, the wonder of win10 is how inconsistent it's fuckups are. kinda curious if it shows up for wireless connections only and not wired or something stupid like that, hmm

oh weird. i have a wired connection and it's there, also on any of the other PCs i can check at the moment. windows 10 is loving garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

rear end posted:

Either way I thought about it and I guess I understand why people would err on the side of caution with the profile pic. I have since removed the image. You are cordially invited to choke on my balls with the rest of your arguments, however.

lol

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

*maturely*

haha guys, ok, you got me. I can totally see how my profile picture makes me look like a pedophile. Glad we talked about this. The sexualized child in my avatar stays, though. I'm sure you won't mind.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Amethyst posted:

*maturely*

haha guys, ok, you got me. I can totally see how my profile picture makes me look like a pedophile. Glad we talked about this. The sexualized child in my avatar stays, though. I'm sure you won't mind.

Please explain in detail how my avatar is "sexualized."

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

i'm not going to have a reasoned debate about the sexiness of the schoolgirl in your avatard, weirdo.

e: not correcting that typo

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Amethyst posted:

i'm not going to have a reasoned debate about the sexiness of the schoolgirl in your avatard, weirdo.

e: not correcting that typo

That's because there are zero sexual elements contained within the photo and you are simply an incredibly disgusting piece of poo poo for even having such a thought cross your mind.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

rear end posted:

That's because there are zero sexual elements contained within the photo and you are simply an incredibly disgusting piece of poo poo for even having such a thought cross your mind.

you watch cartoons of little girls and even buy one for your avatar and caption it

b e a u t i f u l l i e

you had a naked anime child in your user profile

you are openly a member of a fandom which has it's own word for pedophile colleagues and act like that's totally normal and nothing to be deeply ashamed of

and now you're asking me to look at your avatar of a sexualized schoolgirl and not be grossed out.

nah.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
"this image..... it might be sexy. i just don't want to to debate how i find it sexy"

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
This is what we in the business call "scrollable content".

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Hey wasn't the old TVIV mod a huge star trek fanatic? Didn't he turn out to be a convicted child molester?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

rear end posted:

"this image..... it might be sexy. i just don't want to to debate how i find it sexy"

you seem to think it's really, really important that no one makes fun of you for having a stupid pedophile avatar for developmentally stunted social rejects.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

if you are over the age of 16 and have a cartoon girl for an avatar that is wearing sexy clothes you are gross and even if you aren't a pedophile you are pedophile adjacent.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

like if a 35 year old man chooses to buy a baby one more time era britany spears avatar they are probably a pedophile too.

This becomes especially likely when your communityi openly shelters and welcomes pedophiles to the point where the commercial anime industry targets them as a market segment.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Amethyst posted:

you seem to think it's really, really important that no one makes fun of you for having a stupid pedophile avatar for developmentally stunted social rejects.

I don't give a poo poo if anyone makes fun of me. This is a comedy website. It's a completely different thing to accuse people of being pedophiles or child molesters or whatever. As a person with younger siblings whom I care deeply about it wouldn't come as a surprise that I'd take offense to your putrid, horrible comments that are based on something completely innocuous. Your argument basically consists of a loop dialog that goes like "your avatar is sexy, I know it's sexy, but I don't want to acknowledge why it's sexy to me."

You keep practically owning yourself with every post you make, however, and it's amazing to watch it unfold live, so I guess you're living up to the "comedy website" part.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

how bout dem microsofts though eh

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

rear end posted:

I don't give a poo poo if anyone makes fun of me.

you very clearly do, lmao

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

have you tried NOT having a sexualized image of a child for an avatar? may help you in your future efforts to not look like a pedophile.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Chalks posted:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Lambert posted:

This is what we in the business call "scrollable content".

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Chalks posted:

Here's a quality Microsoft product for you, brough to you by UWP.

https://i.imgur.com/ES6RtQU.gifv

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

c fuckin excel s: the goddamn proportional scroll bar stays the full height of the document until I click on it, then it reduces in size to a small rectangle, but it's not showing the actual position I'm in the spreadsheet

gj boys

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

rear end posted:

Here's a quality Microsoft product for you, brough to you by UWP.

https://i.imgur.com/ES6RtQU.gifv

it's so easy to write apps for touch and mouse driven interfaces simultaneously

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
did you know that theres a create a meme button in windows in the xbox gamer bar

https://twitter.com/JasperRLZ/status/1153810987633405953

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Xbox gamer bar:
[create meme] [say gamer word] [mtn dew] [go home alone] [misogyny]

HAIL eSATA-n fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 9, 2019

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Suspicious Dish posted:

did you know that theres a create a meme button in windows in the xbox gamer bar

https://twitter.com/JasperRLZ/status/1153810987633405953

does it automatically post them on so.cl ?

cZk
Oct 6, 2014

i am a flight risk
and i am in flight

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

genuine free windows 10

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

cortana so bad partner companies are removing it from their products

quote:

The GLAS smart thermostat, which is built by Johnson Controls, is losing its key Cortana integration. Once touted as the only Cortana-powered thermostat, Johnson Controls says it’s now removing Microsoft’s digital assistant from its device. A new software update is rolling out to the thermostat soon, and it removes Cortana completely.

“The Microsoft Cortana voice assistant will no longer work on your device,” reads an email to GLAS customers. “Moving forward, you will still have access to other voice assistants to control your thermostat through the Works with functionality of Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant.”

you can tell it's well and truly doomed because microsoft has started to pivot it to enterprise use

quote:

Microsoft’s new Cortana boss outlined the new vision for its digital assistant earlier this year in an interview with The Verge. “I think one of the challenges we’ve had over the last couple of years is finding those places where Microsoft can really add a lot of value,” explained Andrew Shuman, Microsoft’s CVP of Cortana engineering. Microsoft now sees Cortana’s value in conversational AI and in repositioning Cortana as a skill that can run anywhere instead of competing with Alexa or Google Assistant.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
ah yes, the one thing that makes perfect sense as an enterprise product, a consumer voice assistant that rifles all your data

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what if we took the world's shittiest search indexer and made it snarky and sardonic?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
can;t wait to install naked_anime_boob_lady.exe on my work computer

pram
Jun 10, 2001

infernal machines posted:

what if we took the world's shittiest search indexer and made it snarky and sardonic?

youd get the something awful forums

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Sapozhnik posted:

can;t wait to install naked_anime_boob_lady.exe on my work computer

it is already there, thx microsoft

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pram posted:

lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

fuckin rekt

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

infernal machines posted:

ah yes, the one thing that makes perfect sense as an enterprise product, a consumer voice assistant that rifles all your data

you would not believe how many people in the trenches think the c suite want voice assistants for data review, every time someone suggests it at work its always the most contrived thing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Agile Vector posted:

you would not believe how many people in the trenches think the c suite want voice assistants for data review, every time someone suggests it at work its always the most contrived thing
this happened with vr several years ago, we had a presentation from the ~*innovation group*~ at the bank I was working at and they were like "we spent a year making a VR branch where customers can chat with teller avatars" and someone asked if it was faster or easier than using the website and they answered "no but we need to be where customers are going" so someone else asked if any customers had asked for this and they ignored the question and moved on to a thing about selling coffee in branches like capital one does

I actually could have got a job on that team but I don't think I would have lasted long before I got fired for asking snarky questions I guess I'm not an innovator at heart

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

pram posted:

:sbahj:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

this happened with vr several years ago, we had a presentation from the ~*innovation group*~ at the bank I was working at and they were like "we spent a year making a VR branch where customers can chat with teller avatars" and someone asked if it was faster or easier than using the website and they answered "no but we need to be where customers are going" so someone else asked if any customers had asked for this and they ignored the question and moved on to a thing about selling coffee in branches like capital one does

I actually could have got a job on that team but I don't think I would have lasted long before I got fired for asking snarky questions I guess I'm not an innovator at heart
a dozen years ago they would have been getting huge funding to set up a virtual bank branch in second life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FMguru posted:

a dozen years ago they would have been getting huge funding to set up a virtual bank branch in second life

they probably did