Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Jose posted:

is this the same thing that got posted a few days ago or real this time

https://twitter.com/g_helleu/status/1160864076559351810?s=20

Can we just stop posting this poo poo. If they’re actually going to move armored vehicles into HK they will not be able to hide it and it will be picked up by major sources real fast so there no point to coming in here breathlessly with bullshit tweets constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

hong kong was destroyed over five hours ago and so far the press is silent

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Dante80 posted:

That is cool. Here is something from the other side of the Border. The Queen, re-arranging Arirang Alone and singing about re-unification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFyndK9VOCk&t=6s

wow, incredible singing.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:28 on Mar 23, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSpsAauvEXU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
WATCH: Hong Kong protesters change baby's diaper while doing homework and fighting for democracy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

LimburgLimbo posted:

Can we just stop posting this poo poo. If they’re actually going to move armored vehicles into HK they will not be able to hide it and it will be picked up by major sources real fast so there no point to coming in here breathlessly with bullshit tweets constantly.

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1160992047731314688?s=20

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Calm posted:

wow, incredible singing.

Queen Sohyang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te_L9ofhUt8

This is a clear message, but mainly for domestic consumption.

Dante80 has issued a correction as of 20:42 on Aug 12, 2019

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/yuenok/status/1160519152685027328

aaaaaahahahahahahahahaha

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol i like that shes not complaining about the chinese government or anything, just mad the protests are disrupting her life

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

omfg the music hahahahahaha

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

shoe on the other foot now, huh :smuggo:

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I feel like white people live in this weird inbetween world

Where either their own experiences are the only authentic ones, like this lady

Or there's the identity politic brainwashed folks who believe white people cannot have authentic experiences and laugh at jokes told at their expense

Well, which is it. Is the white man a cartesian automaton or or the only cartesian subject

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Modest Mao posted:

I feel like white people live in this weird inbetween world

Where either their own experiences are the only authentic ones, like this lady

Or there's the identity politic brainwashed folks who believe white people cannot have authentic experiences and laugh at jokes told at their expense

Well, which is it. Is the white man a cartesian automaton or or the only cartesian subject

"White people" are a lie told by Yakub the big headed scientist and it has plagued humanity since.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56xo7fZLi4U

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
drat that south african woman sucks

but i repeat myself

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
The trade war is doing psychological damage, Xi is unable to end it and it is definitely a topic of discussion in Mainland still, people mention it over dinner etc

It's a point of national pride and people secretly feel it's between big power players Xi and Trump, not between americans and chinese directly which is basically the best outcome for US politics

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxEweP2TiMk

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bloodnose posted:

drat that south african woman sucks

oh my God, a white South African sucks? say it ain't so

Modest Mao posted:

It's a point of national pride and people secretly feel it's between big power players Xi and Trump, not between americans and chinese directly which is basically the best outcome for US politics

I mean, that's the obvious conclusion of anyone with a hint of intelligence so I'm not surprised if there's an unspoken belief in China that it's all bullshit dickwaving

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

now that trump sells his brands in china its only a matter of time until he is their leader too

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Venom Snake posted:

omfg the music hahahahahaha

:allears:

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

tino posted:

Can you tell the difference?

Yeah I can. I think I've dealt with that more than most people. But it's never caused me to wish horrible things on a whole group of people because of where they were born because I'm not a toddler.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
white south africans sure love to mewl about how downtrodden they are lmao

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I came to here to escape unruly natives revolting and now this happens again :qq:

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Kurtofan posted:

I came to here to escape unruly natives revolting and now this happens again :qq:

I heard Dubai is pretty friendly.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

“this is not the place I know and love” is a pretty common phrase though. might be reading too much into it, although it’s still pretty lol

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

even the sad sac police have do deal with the bad highway traffic

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

sincx posted:

I'm not sure on the wisdom of the airport occupation.

It seems to be turning public and international sentiment against the protestors, since they are now confronting regular travelers trying to check in instead of cops. This might ultimately help the CCP.

I think anything less disruptive means the protestors get out-waited anyway

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

sincx posted:

I'm not sure on the wisdom of the airport occupation.

It seems to be turning public and international sentiment against the protestors, since they are now confronting regular travelers trying to check in instead of cops. This might ultimately help the CCP.

edit: maybe this is why there hasn't been large scale arrests at the airport yet? arrests there would be easy and justifiable, but nothing. is it a trap?

effective civil disobedience must inconvenience people and damage the economy, otherwise it can be mostly ignored. that or have the actual threat of seizing power, which against the chinese state these protesters do not have.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
How come they don't occupy the financial institutes and the stock exchange? Literally what Bane did.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

it's not necessarily out of the interest of the PRC for Hong Kong to appear chaotic especially as the protesters make it more distinct that they identify as Hong Kongers and not as Chinese

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

tino posted:

How come they don't occupy the financial institutes and the stock exchange? Literally what Bane did.

no ones ever really tried that except ows and that didnt work. occupying the airport worked in thailand. also the protestors arent commies, unfortunately.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

you are vastly overestimating the importance of the airport to your average person. the airport matters first and foremost to international business.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

sincx posted:

edit: Thailand was entirely different. Local cops there often supported the protestors. Those were were urban area protestors confronting a government that got elected by bribing rural voters. Also those protests indirectly led to the current junta, so be careful what you wish for.

i am aware of the nature of the yellow shirts. they were tacitly supported by reactionaries in military/police and could not really be cracked down on... but the protesters in the HK airport have also not been cracked down on yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

sincx posted:

It matters more if you are an average person who lives in a tiny city-state.

8 million people is not tiny.