Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Kazak posted:

some flimsy poo poo
What do you expect of this character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Well now I'm positive I don't want to go to prison in Japan

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ruggan posted:

Well now I'm positive I don't want to go to prison in Japan

I dunno, it doesn't seem so bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMwI2D1hJd0

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
by the way, this presumably custom gif is just in a random spot on the webcomic's homepage.

it'd probably make a really nice neetcomic smiley that isn't, like, directly tied to the concept of self defense lol.

*eyes people with money*

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

neet's gonna get himself chucked in solitary to get out of having to work, isn't he?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

why wont they let me play video games in prison

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016
hmmst, i wonder if theres some kind of duality with crime, tohru :geno:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My ideal life would be the one I just threw away needlessly, too bad I'm in prison

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

and that's it for tonight's update.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Can Tohru reform?

:thunk:

No

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Completely rotten.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Idk if it's gonna be reform so much as "haha I lied in my confession, can I please leave?" And no, tohru. You hosed up. Time for seventy pages of escape plans that don't happen

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

:thunk:

The cognitive dissonance here can only measured astrologicaly.

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Aug 13, 2019

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
if he didn't already go to jail for killing his dad, he'd probably be there for a sex crime or something anyway. so, no

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

he'd probably be there for a sex crime or something anyway. so, no

In Japan?!

Wrong country mate.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's time for Tohru to break out of jail. And by that i mean bump into the wall and then mope about how it didn't move for him.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
More like...

projecthalaxy posted:

It's time for Tohru to break himself in jail.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Tohru's gonna be an amazing criminal when he finally gets out

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Do they work in Japanese prisons? Not having video games might be the last of NEETs problems.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

Lodin posted:

Do they work in Japanese prisons? Not having video games might be the last of NEETs problems.

Depends on the prison. Fuchu prison which like the (or one of the) max security prisons in Japan has inmates working for 8 hours a day, 6 days out of 7. Tohru gonna get a rude awakening :rms:

In fact here is a documentary about that same prison https://youtu.be/WCF6eAKPtRQ

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

congrats on your employment, tohru

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He's no longer NEET, this fucker is actually doing better than me right now...apart from the prison bit.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

A_Account posted:

He's no longer NEET, this fucker is actually doing better than me right now...apart from the prison bit.

If you kill your family all of your wildest dreams will come true

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

You're supposed to put the round peg in the round hole, there, Chester.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Can't wait to contrast this with the actual employment arc 5000 years from now.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

For once his anger is justified

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i really like how the comic starts with tohru being an irredeemable rear end in a top hat, and then every arc has him go through a full character arc in some way or another. in the case of the criminal arc he got way WAY worse first, but who knows how prison might change him. it might be positive but it wouldn't be in the same way that the job route might affect him positively. so by the end (or current panels) of each arc, tohru is an entirely different person based on the experiences we see firsthand. its pretty cool. im excited to start backtracking and comparing eventually, though we have a lot of material to cover here first.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

i really like how the comic starts with tohru being an irredeemable rear end in a top hat, and then every arc has him go through a full character arc in some way or another. in the case of the criminal arc he got way WAY worse first, but who knows how prison might change him. it might be positive but it wouldn't be in the same way that the job route might affect him positively. so by the end (or current panels) of each arc, tohru is an entirely different person based on the experiences we see firsthand. its pretty cool. im excited to start backtracking and comparing eventually, though we have a lot of material to cover here first.

Thanks for this man I sincerely never thought I would enjoy a webcomic this much.

Also post more you coward

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Umaibou:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Wikipedia posted:

Umaibō (うまい棒) or "delicious stick" is a small, puffed, cylindrical corn snack from Japan. It is produced by Riska and sold by Yaokin.[citation needed] It has a suggested retail price of 10 yen, but because profit margin is so slim, its price can change without notice. Its consistency is similar to Cheetos
Checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wikipedia posted:

"delicious stick"

i woulda translated it as YumStix but whatever lol