Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ThornBrain posted:

Hyrule Warriors

At least there's Ghirahim.
I like how Fi basically says "You're not the right Link, but you're a Link, so you'll do for now."

The Hard difficulty skulltula for this stage is absolute bullshit, let me tell you. You have to keep Fi above 50% health until you use the Fairy Fountain to shock Volga. Fi is made of tissue paper and folds the instant Volga gives her a mean look, especially post-powerup. You have to babysit her the entire time and make sure nothing gets to so much as look at her, while also dealing with the side missions (like Girahim). The one time I managed to do it, I was playing with the Master Sword which is technically a different weapon from the Sword and Shield required for the stage, so it didn't count. :argh: I didn't have this much trouble on the Wii U version, so I dunno what changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Ardryn posted:

At last, it's time to return to Giegue's Mothership. We just dropped in and pilfered a map last time, but now we're ready for what awaits. If there's only one sidequest-athon video you watch, it should probably be this one.
Also, I should mention that I, somehow, lost the actual recording file for this episode, so what's actually going up is the edited VoD. Hopefully, it won't be that big a difference in quality. Apologies for that, the rest of the LP is already fully recorded and edited so that won't be happening again, knock on wood.

I'm pretty sure the Borange Ray is a reference to an old Starmen.net/Earthbound fan comic called "Fobbies are Borange". It's been ages since I've been there though, so I may be wrong.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

Yoshi's voice got really high all of a sudden.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Having exfloranated the Mothership there's just one solar body left to explore, er, just as soon as I remember the thing needed to open it!

This is the superboss fight with no commentary. It takes place in a slightly different save, hence the different items and stats.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Just whip it any way you want, s'cool.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

Can't get enough Ghirahim or Linkle, so we put them together.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Alinivar and his friends have scoured the Solar System of PSI, treasure, and dealt at least one blow to Giegue's forces in the process. Now, it's time to go back to the future.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ThornBrain posted:

Hyrule Warriors

Can't get enough Ghirahim or Linkle, so we put them together.
So it seems you consider Cia's death to be the end of the game's "plot". Does that mean you're not planning to cover the villain or Wind Waker plotlines in the LP?

I like the idea of fairy names being normal English names, just with one letter exchanged for something else.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Mode 7 is the future of video games.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Two Magicants down and two more remain.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

I like the idea that Ganondorf's kinda poo poo without the Triforce of Power.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

Our upload schedule is shuffled around this week, so here's Hyrule Warriors part 15 in Cia's stalker palace early today, and part 16 will be tomorrow.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

Linkle returns, as does Midna's true form, both of whom kick a lot of rear end. Or slap it, in Midna's case.

Also, I did a blind livestream of Cadence of Hyrule with Jacob, which started rough before I really got into it half an hour or so in. I get about halfway through a Zelda run before the end, and I'm planning to stream the second half soon.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

With everyone having faced their respective nightmares the final two doors are open.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

Hyrule Warriors

Linkle returns, as does Midna's true form, both of whom kick a lot of rear end. Or slap it, in Midna's case.

Twili Midna rules and it's a shame that sequels only happen on the DS* so we're never going to see it again.

*And the Switch, sometime in the future.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Castlevania IV finally reveals how Dracula can afford all that chicken.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ThornBrain posted:

Hyrule Warriors

Also, I did a blind livestream of Cadence of Hyrule with Jacob, which started rough before I really got into it half an hour or so in. I get about halfway through a Zelda run before the end, and I'm planning to stream the second half soon.

I think the "Squeaky hammer" noise you comment on in Twili Midna's attack string are actually her battle cries.

You seem to forget about the Ocarina pretty often, despite going out of your way to activate the owl statues. Warping can save you a lot of running through empty space with nothing to kill. The Messenger mission could have been resolved if you'd switched to Linkle and warped to the Allied Base.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

HISTORY CHANNEL'S CIVIL WAR: THE GAME (Not valid in some states)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDl63r4XovY

Back around the start of the Iraq War the History Channel shoveled out a turn-based strategy game based on the American Civil War. It was cheap and I was a history nerd so of course I adopted it from a bargain bin. It kept crashing, but I attributed it to my computer being ancient. I later learned that there you simply can't set foot in Florida without triggering a game crash. This makes a Union victory functionally impossible, as southern Florida is (for some reason) one of the Confederates' objective points. A friend and I massaged the game enough to see what a Union Victory looks like, and it's certainly a thing.

Game can be completed in half an hour if you're doing it a certain way. For some reason entering a corn field sends your troops to another dimension.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Last time we took on the guardian of the Maelstrom and realized, despite the gang's newfound powers, that actually defeating Giegue is beyond the party's abilities. But, everything Alinivar and his friends have done comes down to this, either they distract Giegue or die trying.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Last time didn't end well for our heroes, perhaps if they tried something a bit more aggressive things may turn out for the better.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

Let's get to know the pros and cons of playing the Great Fairy while beating Cia for the last time.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Dracula dead again, forever.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ThornBrain posted:

Hyrule Warriors

Let's get to know the pros and cons of playing the Great Fairy while beating Cia for the last time.
Yeah, Great Fairy is kinda bad as a moveset. She's absolutely huge, so an enemy attacking her from another zip code can disrupt her combos, her precision is poo poo, and IIRC Jacob is correct in that every character moves at the same speed (yes, even Link's Horse moveset), so she can't even outrun anyone. That said, I think it's great that they made a moveset for her, I just don't like how it turned out.

Jacob mentions equipping the Great Fairy on other characters, and that was actually possible for a while in the original Wii U version of the game. There was a glitch early on that allowed you to swap weapons between characters who had more than one. So there are videos out there of Link dancing around like Lana using the Book or Spear movesets, Zelda in the Great Fairy's bottle, etc.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

The mission you failed immediately after using the fairy fountain is really poorly designed. See, it wanted you to lure the Dinolfos into the targeted area, which is right about where Volga was. Just in the center of the map. Well, uh, in the video you kinda demonstrated why that straight up does not work at all. You had those three or four Dinolfos rushing down Zelda before the mission even started, and even worse, since you didn't notice there was one left with a magic pixel of health left, Zelda was refusing to advance to where you could even press the drat button in the first place. Maybe it's possible to lure them away even though they're already harassing her, but what player in their right mind would do that when it's so much easier to just punch 'em real good? Especially since there's no guarantee that Zelda would lose interest in them and move on to the fairy fountain again, or that the Dinolfos would stay there after you run off to activate the magic circle.

As far as the Great Fairy goes, I really like her moveset. The attack that pulls up a fairy fountain is just too drat good; it stunlocks everything so it doesn't really matter that it takes forever.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Alinivar did it, by using PK Harmony Niiue's plan succeeded, but at a rather grim cost to himself. Perhaps there's one more way to end this.

And that's the end of Cognitive Dissonance! I hope those who decided to give Goodguy and me a shot enjoyed the trip. We certainly did, and tomorrow I'll post a final video of Goodguy and myself playing the original 1.0 release of Cognitive Dissonance. Here's the link to that excel sheet Goodguy and I keep mentioning during the LP, it has both Excel and Open Office variants in it. The password is 42, same as turning on hard mode in the game.
Google Drive link

???

Ardryn fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 9, 2019

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Thanks for the playthrough of this, it was really interesting!

Also, it looks like the excel sheet you linked is password protected.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Wasn't commenting during the Cognitive Dissonance LP, but it was good stuff. Thanks for showing it off.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Here's the stream of Goodguy and I going through Cognitive Dissonance 1.0, marvel at its writing and tremble at its MSPaint sprites! Note that the spoiler gloves are off in this episode, and we actually talk about all three Mother games in this video.

That's the last video and the complete end of the LP, once again thanks to everyone who watched, I think CogDis is pretty entertaining and is an interesting take on what happened between Mother and Earthbound.

*Banner may not be 100% accurate to depicted scene.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Jade Rider posted:

Thanks for the playthrough of this, it was really interesting!

Also, it looks like the excel sheet you linked is password protected.

Oh right, the password to it is the same as activating hard mode in Cogdis, 42, I forgot to note that in the video description and will add that right now.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

Now this is an epilogue: an overleveled Ganondorf wrecking everything ever.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Let's Play Little Britain: The Videogame

This may be the weirdest game I've played, and I do think that's saying a lot. What we have here is a single-player minigame collection based on a British comedy series. It's notably published by Blast!, but it's also well above their normal standards for quality, if that puts you at ease. Little Britain: The Videogame's greatest offense is simply not being engaging enough. The minigames start off alright, but rather quickly devolve. That being said, the game's only 40 minutes long, so at least the experience is pretty brief?

Videos

One

Final

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 16, 2019

Whammiewazzle
Apr 29, 2016

I like that the CDs in the runner mini-game spin to indicate which lane you're in.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Whammiewazzle posted:

I like that the CDs in the runner mini-game spin to indicate which lane you're in.

Is that why they spin? That's actually really clever. I'm kind of impressed they thought to do that.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

If you've seen one sketch featuring a character of Little Britain, you've seen all jokes with that character. They recycle punchlines for three seasons. The very last episode mixed them all together, but that's it.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

If you've seen one sketch featuring a character of Little Britain, you've seen all jokes with that character. They recycle punchlines for three seasons. The very last episode mixed them all together, but that's it.

Do you like any of the jokes, though?

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Castlevania Chronicles, originally released on a giant rectangle called the Sharp X68000 in 1993, later ported to the Sony Playstation is 2001. It's a weird remix of Castlevania I, borrowing a few designs and layouts but mostly doing its own thing.

S'cool.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Hyrule Warriors

The trident is better when the game's not actively telling you to use something else.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Final

Short and uh... functional

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Other examples of recurring 'jokes' in LB:
1. A misfortune happens to a lonely old man. He says "Bugger."
2. An awkward social situation happens. A man feels the odd one out, says "I'll go get my coat," and leaves.

It's like the MItchell & Webb sketch about senile Sherlock Holmes in a nursing home, except LB would present the ending as funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

Other examples of recurring 'jokes' in LB:
1. A misfortune happens to a lonely old man. He says "Bugger."
2. An awkward social situation happens. A man feels the odd one out, says "I'll go get my coat," and leaves.

It's like the MItchell & Webb sketch about senile Sherlock Holmes in a nursing home, except LB would present the ending as funny.

Maybe if they only did each of those jokes once, it'd be better?