Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
There's always a Cagematch comment.

This one has levels. It's a dud of a match, so I'm giving it a 6 out of 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

"Worse than the past two finals combined"

????

Does combining Omega/Naito and Tanahashi/Ibushi somehow make them worse?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
a 6 is a dud now meltzer's comment rings true where the overall quality has risen so good matches are just ok and great matches are just good.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

"Worse than the past two finals combined"

????

Does combining Omega/Naito and Tanahashi/Ibushi somehow make them worse?

Probably not, Omega & Ibushi vs Tanahashi and Naito sounds like a pretty incredible match

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cagematch is just as chock-full of brainworms as squaredcircle is

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Which one of Tana and Naito would turn on the other first is my question.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Draxion posted:

Probably not, Omega & Ibushi vs Tanahashi and Naito sounds like a pretty incredible match

Omega, Ibushi and Naito kill each other and themselves as Tanahashi looks on in horror

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

Which one of Tana and Naito would turn on the other first is my question.

naito, he is a Bastard

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/OGJOHNNY5/status/1161141075177639936?s=19

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

One of the truly great moments of wrestling, "woman returns to work"

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Draxion posted:

One of the truly great moments of wrestling, "woman returns to work"

Hey now, she's making a heroic comeback from a hypothetical injury!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loving amazing :allears:

Like... it was actually a super cool moment, but why would you even compare the two? :xd:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

loving amazing :allears:

Like... it was actually a super cool moment, but why would you even compare the two? :xd:

I'm imagining Michael Cole calling Shibata's return and Kevin Kelly calling Sasha Banks.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

More people live tweeted about Sasha's return then they did about Shibata. Wrap it up.

https://twitter.com/shockofthequeen/status/1161144575936925696

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Lid posted:

I'm imagining Michael Cole calling Shibata's return and Kevin Kelly calling Sasha Banks.

Rocky would have pulled some strings and had Cole put in the Paradise Lock before they got to the six-man tag.

Sanada would then eye Rocky over like “I have this compulsion to do the same to you, like, it’s part of the circle of life or something”

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Cole after calling a month of the G1 would be fine. He's completely competent without Vince and Dunn in his ear.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

:sigh:

I hope this person finds something that makes them happy, which may not be pro wrestling.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Punch McLightning posted:

I hope this person finds something that makes them happy, which may not be pro wrestling.

What are his 10s?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sorry, its a trump tweet.

https://twitter.com/WEpicenter/status/1161294055919112193

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Classy, using lynch twice. Well, lynched and lyched.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Punch McLightning posted:

I dunno, they have 442 ratings, of which more than half are a 7/10 or above. That's probably a greater percentage than I'd have (though that would include a lot of WWE dreck). I'd say they enjoy some wrestling.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Endless Mike posted:

I dunno, they have 442 ratings, of which more than half are a 7/10 or above. That's probably a greater percentage than I'd have (though that would include a lot of WWE dreck). I'd say they enjoy some wrestling.

Does anyone remember AJ Styles vs Brock Lesnar from Survivor Series 17? " a mix of perfect offence, perfect selling and perfect drama" apparently to this user. Anyway, 5 of his 8 10 ratings are for AJ Styles matches.

He also gave a Bryan Danielson vs Naomichi Marufuji match from 2008 1/10. Which is staggering. But the best part is this line from the review of that match: "Even Kazuchika Okada, who i consider to be the worst limb seller ever..."

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Matches are only on the match guide if Shave Seltzer gives them something like ***1/4 or ***1/2 and up, or else there's a general outcry regarding their excellence and the need for inclusion. So it's not like 1s are being thrown at IIconics matches or something.

And of course, here's the matches this user rated as a 1 (there's no real easy way to pull which show they're from):

Diesel vs. Shawn Michaels
Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels
Edge vs. The Undertaker
Bryan Danielson vs. Naomichi Marufuji
Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker
Kazuchika Okada vs. Naomichi Marufuji
Kazuchika Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki
Seth Rollins vs. Triple H
Cody vs. Kazuchika Okada
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. YOSHI-HASHI
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kota Ibushi
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Togi Makabe
Matthew Riddle vs. Penta El Zero M
Kazuchika Okada vs. Tetsuya Naito
Kazuchika Okada vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Togi Makabe vs. YOSHI-HASHI
Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins
Hangman Page vs. Michael Elgin
EVIL vs. YOSHI-HASHI
Bobby Lashley vs. Roman Reigns
Jay White vs. Michael Elgin
EVIL vs. Togi Makabe
Kazuchika Okada vs. Togi Makabe
Kazuchika Okada vs. Michael Elgin
Tama Tonga vs. Tetsuya Naito
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Togi Makabe
Juice Robinson vs. SANADA
Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz
Brody King vs. Timothy Thatcher
David Starr vs. Matthew Riddle
Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins
Aleister Black vs. Johnny Gargano
Buddy Murphy vs. Mustafa Ali
Seth Rollins vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
Jay White vs. Kazuchika Okada
Aleister Black vs. Tommaso Ciampa
Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Shane McMahon & The Miz
Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Taiji Ishimori
Bad Luck Fale vs. Kazuchika Okada
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Jay White
Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso vs. Shane McMahon & The Miz
Kazuchika Okada vs. Michael Elgin
Aleister Black & Ricochet vs. Bobby Roode & Chad Gable vs. Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson
Taichi vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Minoru Suzuki vs. Satoshi Kojima
Kazuchika Okada vs. Mikey Nicholls
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. SANADA
Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA
Pentagon Jr. vs. Rey Fenix
Shane Strickland vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Bandido vs. Will Ospreay
Adam Cole vs. Johnny Gargano
Jay White vs. Kazuchika Okada
Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay
EVIL vs. KENTA

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I bet that dude plays Magic The Gathering and is completely insufferable at the hobby store.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

I bet that dude plays Magic The Gathering and is completely insufferable at the hobby store.

Not sure you need that qualifier at the end of the sentence

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not sure you need that qualifier at the end of the sentence

in my experience, its one of the few no-grey-area dichotomies in natural existence. If you play MTG, you're either a complete joyless poo poo or super chill.

I'm looking for a pattern in those matches, and the only thing I see is the dude hates fun unless its dispensed from the appropriate fun dispenser.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
lol if you didn't love ishimori vs taguchi. just lol

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's not easy to get YouTube comments but I just got into a disagreement with some dude on YouTube who's arguing, no joke, that American Bad rear end Taker was a more complete reinvention and thought out reboot than The Fiend. Like I'm not saying there wasn't plenty different about Taker, but it was Taker dressed as a biker. That's it. Attitude Era nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Oh and dude said I should be "embarrassed to call myself a wrestling fan" just because I didn't agree ABA Taker was the most amazing revolutionary reboot ever.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 15, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i assume the audience was much louder for the debut of the american bad rear end

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's not easy to get YouTube comments but I just got into a disagreement with some dude on YouTube who's arguing, no joke, that American Bad rear end Taker was a more complete reinvention and thought out reboot than The Fiend. Like I'm not saying there wasn't plenty different about Taker, but it was Taker dressed as a biker. That's it. Attitude Era nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Oh and dude said I should be "embarrassed to call myself a wrestling fan" just because I didn't agree ABA Taker was the most amazing revolutionary reboot ever.

To be fair, he had a motorbike. Did Joker Bray have a motorbike?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

On a binary level, dead guy to alive guy is a very radical change

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

i assume the audience was much louder for the debut of the american bad rear end

This is true. And I acknowledged that. But it was still The Undertaker But A Texan Biker Now.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
bray is still a spooky cult guy, the cult is just for kids now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I wish both of those wrestlers never existed. And I wish Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat became WWF champion and passed the torch to Bret "The Hitman" Hart, whose younger brother didn't die at all, but lived and joined TNA Wrestling with his best friend Jeff Jarrett.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drew McIntyre posted:

bray is still a spooky cult guy, the cult is just for kids now

This change still has more effort put into it than Bikertaker though, even if you think the tryhard factor is lame or bad

Which is a different argument

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Imagine if The Undertaker did a Joker gimmick

Jokertaker

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I Before E posted:

Imagine if The Undertaker did a Joker gimmick

Jokertaker

“Would you...like to know...how I got these scars?” he growled just before launching into his interminable desert story/promo on Big Show

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

"You know what they say..."

WHAT

"If you're good at something..."

WHAT

"You never do it..."

WHAT

"for free."

WHAT

"And what I'm good at..."

WHAT

"Is kicking..."

WHAT

"your..."

WHAT

"rear end."

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The weirdest thing about American Bad rear end Taker was the little girls from A Nightmare On Elm Street in all the videos hyping his return.

"He's heeeeeeere..."

"KEEP ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheKingslayer posted:

The weirdest thing about American Bad rear end Taker was the little girls from A Nightmare On Elm Street in all the videos hyping his return.

"He's heeeeeeere..."

"KEEP ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'!"

That makes me laugh to this day actually. Say what you will about The Fiend but at least it's tonally consistent.